Silktree in HGSS
How to unlock the Silktree mention in the Ruins of Alph Laboratory PC in HGSS? It just says "Ruins of Alph - Exploration Year 10" to me. Do I have to trigger certain event (like Arceus event, catching all Unowns or something) for that message to appear? --Maxim 08:33, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
- Well, to do it, you have to collect all 26 "Alphabet" Unown. After that, going to the area that you usually leave the Ruins of Alph basement thing will trigger this event, unlocking this area near the back with the ! and ? Unown. Catch them, and you will find the message about Dr Silktree. So basically yeah, you do have to catch all the Unowns, but I hope this helped nonetheless. --UchihaFate008 06:28, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
becoming a professor.
Both gen 2 Oak and Birch make this comment. The lines are. "Magnificent! You could become a POKéMON proffessor right now!" (230-239 Johto dex) "I would say you already qualify as a POKéMON PROFESSOR, and a good one, too!" (170-179 Hoenn dex) Also of note is a line in the gen 1 games "I have nothing left to say! You're the authority now!" (140-149 Kanto Dex), making indication of Oak's dex completion stats. --Deuxhero 02:42, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
- I honestly think they're supposed to only be compliments on how complete your Pokédex is. Don't be too literal. PDL 00:05, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't trivia on that already. But perhaps you ought to also mention how in the original Japanese, pretty much every NPC is named after a plant, and the Professors are some of the few who retain that in the English-language games. --AndyPKMN 12:05, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Although not labeled as one, Makomo is a Pokémon Proffessor, should she be added? --S2daam 16:55, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
- Scientist =/= Professor. --Maxim 17:31, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
Oak in Hoenn
Other fields of study?
What does this article mean by the section, "Other fields of study"? Shouldn't those professors be listed under "Other" in the main series? ZMT123 17:38, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
Wait until AR Searcher comes out, but Professor Burnett is the new Prof., as revealed in CoroCoro. プリングルズ/品客薯片/ప్రింగిల్స్ 03:49, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
Sycamore Mega Evolutions
Masuda says that Sycamore studies Mega Evolutions: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=212598 So, should it be stated next to the professor's name that he studies Mega Evolutions, like what is done for the other professors? Torpoleon (talk) 00:42, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
Professor or Doctor
- I've changed it back to "Expert" as it was previously before someone changed for no stated reason. The usage of 博士 on the Professors' pages can stay though, as it also can mean Doctor. --Abcboy (talk) 23:17, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
Cosmo as a "Pokemon Professor"
Wouldn't he go under "Other fields" instead? He never once expresses any interest or expert knowledge on Pokemon, instead always talking about meteorology or cosmology. Starscream (talk) 18:05, 29 May 2016 (UTC)
Although the article title and lede are about specifically professors who study Pokémon, the lists have ballooned into simply anyone in the franchise who is an expert or researcher in any field of study, regardless of whether they are an actual professor or deal with Pokémon at all. I think this article needs a serious trim to return it to its intended scope. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 05:22, 22 May 2017 (UTC)