Talk:List of glitches (Generation IV)
- 1 Discord link to Voidmatrix
- 2 What about multiple Barries or Dawns?
- 3 Facade glitch
- 4 Help?
- 5 Video Problem
- 6 Messed-Up Berry Plants?
- 7 Gym Was Too Tough
- 8 Heart Gold/Soul Silver badge check not actually checking badges?
- 9 Rotom's Room only appears for the original Old Chateau rotom
- 10 Minor funny graphical glitch
- 11 Wild Double Battle Arena Trap
- 12 Cute Charm glitch
- 13 Trade cloning
- 14 Waterfall glitch spans to other Generation 4 games?
I feel it might be smart to include a Discord invite link to the Voidmatrix Discord server, where much of the Gen IV glitching research and support is done. That way people can stay up to date and people messing up during things like the void glitch have easier access to proper support. LeapingRiolu (talk) 01:45, 8 January 2020 (UTC)
What about multiple Barries or Dawns?
I believe that this is potentially another glitch. After whatever happens or whatever causes this Professor Rowan is standing with Dawn at Lake Acuity. Dawn is in the place where she was at the beginning of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl but she's also in Sandgem Town. Barry is in one place but until you've gone to Stark Mountain and caught Heatran and on the weekend, he's in 2 places at once. Does anyone think this is a glitch? I also believe that the fly to the Pokemon League is broken since the game has only been to part A and Rayquaza was allowed to fly Lucas to Point B, cheating him out of learning how to make it through Victory Road himself. Does anyone think it'd be good to add these glitches to the pages to make a good addition? (MichaelXD 21:09, 17 February 2012 (UTC))
- I wouldn't really call it a glitch. It is potentially an oversight though, and would be more suited to Barry and Lucas/Dawn's trivia pages. Not sure what you were talking about in regards to Lucas using Rayquaza to fly to the Pokémon League. --SnorlaxMonster 01:46, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
I'm not really sure how to say this either but I'm using a used Diamond game instead of a new save file so I can't tell what happened. I believe this game was action replayed once because I ended up with a Pichu with its current HP more than its max and that was something I was working on with my Gamecube Action Replay when I was trying to get perfect stats. I haven't followed the storyline of the DS games completely yet. (MichaelXD 12:16, 18 February 2012 (UTC))
As previously noted here, there is a glitch present in Platinum (tested by me), HeartGold and SoulSilver (haven't checked for Diamond/Pearl), where the use of Facade by the player's own Pokémon will move the backsprite up one pixel per use, to the point that repeated use with the help of PP-restoring items will bring the sprite to its incomplete state well above the top of the text box. Could this glitch be added to this page? Cheers, Haxorus 01:36, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- My Carnivine showed its gap after 20 uses. Is this consistant with all Pokémon, or does it vary from sprite-to-sprite? Also, it's been added to the page. --SnorlaxMonster 13:44, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, I should think it varies slightly. My Gastly showed the gap after about 10 uses (I definitely wasn't at 0 PP when the gap appeared). Either way, testing has shown the sprite always raises by exactly one pixel after each use, which would mean it is pretty much dependent on how much of the sprite is usually hidden underneath the text box. Cheers, Haxorus 01:42, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Do any Pokémon have an Ability where the foe cannot be switched out? I was in a trainer battle and I wanted to switch Pokémon, but when I tried to switch, it said "Golem cannot be switched out!" It was under perfectly normal circumstances, too: Golem was not holding an item at all. Thanks! KyuremsIceBlade 20:59, 2 June 2012
- Arena Trap and Shadow Tag prevent switching, as do moves that partially trap, Block, Spider Web and Mean Look (and Ingrain if you use it). --SnorlaxMonster 07:46, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! I remember now, I was fighting a Dugtrio that had to have the ability Arena Trap. KyuremsIceBlade 21:39 3 June 2012 (UTC)
The video guide of the "Egg nature glitch" is unavailable to watch, you get the message "Embedding disabled by request, Watch on YouTube" Rintoul 999 13:51, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. If you see any other videos with embedding disabled, feel free to replace them (just make sure you mention that is why you're replacing it in your edit summary). --SnorlaxMonster 07:39, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
Messed-Up Berry Plants?
I was playing my SoulSilver the other day and I had a bunch of berries planted in my berry pots that felt like they were taking forever to grow. They were finally blooming, but then when I checked again they were just little green sprouts. I haven't changed my DS clock at all lately and I've been using the same DS, so this really makes no sense. My DS is messed-up to begin with so it could be the DS itself causing the glitch, but I really don't know what's up with these berries...and I've been watering them too... Also, just would like to state that I noticed with a certain move, I think Faint Attack, when it's used one of the Pokemon seem to move by a pixel, sort of like the Facade thing. I haven't looked too much into it though. --Ondelez46regigigas (talk) 06:52, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
Berries are based on steps, not time. If you use the bike and travel long distances (on foot) the berries grow faster. This also depends on the type of mulch. If you saved before walking a lot, then restored to the save point, your step count will fall and then the device will set the berries. This (I think) is sort of a primeval anti-cheating measure. (Of course, you could tape down the A button, but where's the fun in that). waterlubber 21:39, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
Gym Was Too Tough
I don't know if this is a glitch, but in Diamond & Pearl after defeating a gym and saving, if you go to the Journal it says (for example), "Eterna Gym was too tough..." which I'm guessing it says if you lose against the gym leader (I always save before a gym battle, so I wouldn't know haha).☆glaceon☆ (talk) 00:09, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
Heart Gold/Soul Silver badge check not actually checking badges?
After doing the Tohjo Falls bypass, I battled all the trainers like normal, but there was something weird when I got to the badge check: I only had 7 badges (I skipped the Team Rocket's Goldenrod Tower takeover and the events after.) but it acted as if I had 8 badges. Does anyone know why it doesn't actually check for badges?AlbeinoLucario (talk) 17:06, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- Can you get there normally without all eight without cheating or glitching? If you can't, that's probably why. --Abcboy (talk) 17:13, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- A quick check reveals it is the HG/SS variation of the (in)famous Tweaking glitch. As for the badges, I would suggest it would be similar to the B2W2 situtation, the game doesn't need to run a check as there is no way you could skip a badge normally. (I know that RSE has a check due to a badge being skippable without glitching.) In any case, I hope that helps. --Super goku (talk) 10:08, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
Rotom's Room only appears for the original Old Chateau rotom
I traded a Rotom from a friend and bred it to get a Level 1 Rotom, which I tried taking to Silph Co. in HeartGold as the first Pokémon in my party, but the counter lady, elevator guard and Steven were all still there, and I couldn't get into the elevator. Either this is a glitch or Rotom's Room is only accessible to the original Rotom from Old Chateau. Zywxn 12:42, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
Minor funny graphical glitch
When coming from route 13 to route 14, the lass standing behind a cut tree who talks about Chansey will be standing on top of the grass not in it. The glitch can be reactivated by going back to route 13, resetting the screen (eg by meeting a Pokémon) and coming back to route 14. The glitch doesn't work when you go to route 15 Wowy (talk) 07:31, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
Wild Double Battle Arena Trap
- While it's an interesting oversight, the fact that it can't be encountered unless the player's cheating means it probably doesn't belong on this page. Yamiidenryuu (talk) 20:06, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- ... Unless it can. Would it be at all possible to Skill Swap Arena Trap onto a wild Pokemon while with a stat trainer? Yamiidenryuu (talk) 20:12, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Pretty sure you can't. If I recall correctly, you can't have two of your own Pokémon out at the same time, even if the stat trainer's is KOed. And since none of the stat trainers have a Dugtrio or Trapinch, you'd have to supply the Arena Trapper, and none of them can learn Skill Swap. glikglak 20:37, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Cute Charm glitch
This is an interesting one I found recently. The glitch causes the encounter rate of Shiny Pokémon to rise from 0.01% to 21%. This video explains it but some more research is needed as to why it happens and what factors cause it. I tested this on my Pokémon Diamond version, only using an Action Replay to get a Trainer ID and Secret ID that works (removed it after so no possible cheats could be behind it) and after two hours, I had encountered four shiny Shinx, four shiny Starly, two shiny Geodude, three shiny Abra, three shiny Zubat, one shiny Budew, and ten shiny Bidoof. Adamws (talk) 20:30, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- I've not looked at it carefully (or at all hardly), but I think it's just "abuse" or an "exploit", not a glitch. Cute Charm works as intended (I think), but determined people can exploit it. Tiddlywinks (talk) 20:38, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
I added the Trade Cloning procedure for Diamond and Pearl game and also deleted the very incorrect affirmation that it can "corrupt the save file". My contribution was reverted by Tiddlywinks who thinks that "if the glitch does not work every time, it's not interesting". I have to disagree with this. The glitch is reliable, and the method has been shown to work on several games. This glitch is discussed on several website including Glitch City Labs forum. I also added a video to illustrate the glitch. Gen 6 trade cloning also does not work everytime. I understand the problem, but I see no reason of keeping incorrect informations on Bulbapedia when we have proofs of the correct ones. Let me know what you think! Krys3000 (talk) 20:00, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
- I honestly don't know the right answer here. I actually reverted it for a couple of reasons. Someone else may feel that it's worth it, but at the very least what was added definitely needs some cleaning up.
- One of the other problems I had (but couldn't include in the summary) was that the steps given didn't seem to make complete sense. At one point, you seem to say to shut down DS 1 and then check DS 2, and then in the next step you say "start the other game" in DS 2, and I have no idea which game you mean, or if DS 2 was supposed to be turned off at some point or if you actually mean DS 1 or what. I also couldn't really tell what "Note the clock which performs around 4 turns" was supposed to mean, but that at least isn't a huge problem since it's not really integral to following the next step. (I noticed the video at one point, but kind of forgot to check it before.)
- The other thing is, you're saying it doesn't corrupt the save file, but that seems to be exactly what the game is saying in the video (I don't speak French, but it seems clear enough).
- Also, for future reference, when adding content, you should avoid using "you" and "I", and be sure to write "Pokémon" instead of "pokemon". Thanks! Tiddlywinks (talk) 04:09, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for your advices. I will rewrite the text to make it a little more bulbapedian (that version was roughly a copy/paste of my own post in GCL). To avoid any other problems, I will post it here so you guys can give me your opinion before it is published.
- About the save corruption, it depends of what you mean by corruption. That's why it is not clear on the current page. The game refers to "a corruption of the last saving process" that leads to the loading of the previous save file. That's exactly what we want to do ; the Pokémon will then be in both versions. But it doesn't mean at all that THE save file can be corrupted and lost. I will be more specific about this in the new version.
- Also, this glitch works in Generation V. But right now I don't have a video to show it :) Krys3000 (talk) 08:05, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
Waterfall glitch spans to other Generation 4 games?
I managed to go up the Pokemon League Waterfall facing to the side in Platinum. Though it may not be easy to recreate, this was caused by an accidental input right before my character ascended. Does this mean it could possibly be categorized as a glitch that affects all core series Generation 4 games?Brawnybeast (talk) 23:10, 2 June 2019 (UTC)