- 1 Better Picture?
- 2 Bipedal or quadrupedal?
- 3 SMASH BROS
- 4 Anime image
- 5 Name meaning?
- 6 Can we add this
- 7 Ash-Greninja
- 8 Martial Arts
- 9 Who designed Greninja?
- 10 Ash-Greninja Pokémon Sun and Moon
- 11 First Fully Evolved starter to have 3 possible abilities?
- 12 anime links
- 13 Ability Capsule on a Battle Bond Greninja
- 14 Nickname
Considering that the final starter evos have been on the offical site for a while now, think we could get a better quality picture? It looks like its been put through a scanner. Also looks odd in the template. --BigBadBatter (talk) 01:39, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
- The image currently uploaded onto the Archives is from the official website. When the image syncs to Bulbapedia, the new version will be displayed. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 01:42, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
Bipedal or quadrupedal?
While its default battle stance is a low crouch, it seems perfectly capable of comfortably standing on two legs. (pokémon-amie/special attack animation). changing quadrupedal into bipedal for now. - unsigned comment from Adasdad (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for the info, but if you'll notice, it's already been added to the article. --Pokemaster97 00:07, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
Could the 'gekkou' part of Gekkouga possibly come from moon-lit? I'm currently playing through Persona 3 and the school is called Gekkoukan, which comes from the moon being a major concept in the game. I just thought it might mean something similar in Greninja's Japanese name, since being moon lit could explain its Dark typing further? Magentafeelings (talk) 23:43, 26 May 2014 (UTC)
- You may have a point there since its Final Smash in SSB is this. —TheVeryBest 20:18, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
Can we add this
- As a side-note, Ash Greninja has officially appeared in a game; Pokemon Picross. I definitely think we should add some form of info. --TheMaskedMeowth (talk) 17:27, 5 December 2015 (UTC)
Greninja and Ninjask are the only non-fighting type pokemon to have been inspired in a martial art.~~ Posted by Robin Maximo.--
Ninjutsu is a martial art.~~ Posted by Robin Maximo--
- It really isn't either. Lots of martial arts combine into Ninjutsu.--Omojuzeforever (talk) 16:05, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
Every Martial Art is composed of many.-- Posted by Robin Maximo~~
Who designed Greninja?
Hello! I am doing a research article on Greninja and was attempting to determine who designed it only to find lack of clarity. the SmashWiki claims it is Yusuke Ohmura. While it's plausible giving he previously designed the Piplup and Oshawott lines, as well as the legendaries for X and Y, I've yet to find an official source on this. Would anyone happen to know? Thanks. Nintendo101 (talk) 03:21, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
- A quick Google search I just did didn't reveal any source on who designed Greninja. If you want to know where SmashWiki came up with that information, you may want to go there and ask them for a source on that detail. Keep in mind though, for many Pokémon, it is never officially revealed who exactly designed what, so it may be impossible find that information with absolute certainty. Litwick96 03:49, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for the suggestion. I know that design credits are rarely disclosed. I was just curious for the nature of my own article. I have since found another article online, claiming that Greninja was created by the same individual who designed Darkrai, but I question the validity of that as well. They lacked a source. Even if it was true, I was unable to find out who that was either... I have since contacted SmashWiki for a source or at least clarity as to why they say Ohmura designed Greninja. I was surprised to not find any citation for that information on SmashWiki's article. Nintendo101 (talk) 14:13, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
Ash-Greninja Pokémon Sun and Moon
First Fully Evolved starter to have 3 possible abilities?
With the new Battle bond ability, Greninja now has 3 Possible abilities- Torrent, Protean, Battle bond. It is the only starter with 3 abilities, so shouldn't this be noted in trivia? The legendary PkmnTrainerV is Here! (talk) 13:31, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
Ability Capsule on a Battle Bond Greninja
If you try to use an ability capsule on a battle bond greninja , will it get Torrent and be able to breed , or will it not work like it doesn't work on Zygarde to change between Aura Break and Power Construct? Also , if you use pokemon Bank to bring a greninja that has Torrent to Sun/Moon , will the Ability Capsule change it to Battle Bond? Boorider7 (talk) 17:59, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- It will not work. The way we display the Abilities is just for convenience. In the game's back structure, the standard Greninja with Torrent is programmed as one form; Battle Bond Greninja is programmed as another form; and Ash-Greninja is a third form. The two non-Ash forms both have their respective Abilities as their only one, so neither has a "second Ability" that the Ability Capsule can switch to. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:02, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- That's the same for pretty much any event. It doesn't really need explicit stating for all those, it's just how nicknames work. Besides, it's not like there's anything you can do about it; I mean, either you'll be disappointed when you read it here, or you'll be disappointed when you receive Greninja, but knowing it earlier won't give you any chance to do something about it. Tiddlywinks (talk) 22:05, 2 March 2017 (UTC)