From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Shigeru Ohmori in the gamescom announcement video
Shigeru Ohmori (Japanese: 大森茂 Ōmori Shigeru) is a game designer for several Pokémon games, who is currently working at Game Freak. He is also the Product Development planner who led the team for Diamond and Pearl, and one of the designers of the Pokéwalker system.
He was interviewed for Nintendo Power on May 2007, where he talked about the new cross-generational evolutions and Wi-Fi features available for Diamond and Pearl. Ohmori revealed that he was the one who developed the Underground feature and also participated in the creation of evolutions for Generation IV, stating that he planned to give new evolutions to old Pokémon that players would not expect.
He also appeared in a video message for gamescom on August 14, 2014, in which he and Junichi Masuda talked about the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and announced Mega Audino for said games.
On November, 27 2014, Ohmori, together with Masuda, was in Milan to celebrate the launch of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. After the presentation, there was a photo and autographes session with fans.
Shigeru Ohmori was also the director of Pokémon Sun and Moon, being the first director of a new generation of games other than Satoshi Tajiri or Junichi Masuda.
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (2002) - Game Designer, Map Designer
- Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (2003) - Planning
- Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (2004) - Game Designer, Map Designer
- Pokémon Emerald (2004) - Game Designer, Map Designer
- Drill Dozer (2005) - Game Design, Additional Tuning
- Pokémon Ranger (2006) - Game Design Adviser
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (2006) - Game Design Leader, Plot Scenario, Map Designer
- Pokémon Platinum (2008) - Game Design, Plot Scenario, Map Design
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (2009) - Game Design, Pokéwalker: Game Design
- Pokémon Black and White (2010) - Game Design of Special Elements (Lead), Map Design, Survey Radar & Tag Mode Design
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (2012) - Pokémon Black Version and White Version Game Design
- HarmoKnight (2012) - Game Design
- Pokémon X and Y (2013) - Planning Director, Pokémon Design Coordination
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (2014) - Director, Concept & Plot
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (2016) - Director, Planning Director