Shigeru Ohmori (Japanese: 大森茂 Ōmori Shigeru) is a game designer for several Pokémon games, who is currently working at Game Freak. He is also the Product Development planner who led the team for Diamond and Pearl, and one of the designers of the Pokéwalker system.
He was interviewed for Nintendo Power in May 2007, where he talked about the new cross-generational evolutions and Wi-Fi features available for Diamond and Pearl. Ohmori revealed that he was the one who developed the Underground feature and also participated in the creation of evolutions for Generation IV, stating that he planned to give new evolutions to old Pokémon that players would not expect.
He also appeared in a video message for gamescom on August 14, 2014, in which he and Junichi Masuda talked about the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and announced Mega Audino for said games.
On November 27, 2014, Ohmori, together with Masuda, was in Milan to celebrate the launch of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. After the presentation, there was a photo and autograph session with fans.
When interviewed following the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon in 2017, he revealed that he was the one that came up with Inkay's method of evolution into Malamar for Pokémon X and Y. He found the idea of a player discovering it by turning their console on accident to be amusing.
He has since gone on to become the director of the next few Pokémon main series games, such as Pokémon Sword and Shield and Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. His role as director for the latter was initially revealed ahead of any official announcement by Toby Fox on August 11th, 2022, when tweeting about how he composed a battle theme for the Terastal phenomenon Raid Battles.
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (2002) - Game Designer, Map Designer
- Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire (2003) - Planning
- Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (2004) - Game Designer, Map Designer
- Pokémon Emerald (2004) - Game Designer, Map Designer
- Drill Dozer (2005) - Game Design, Additional Tuning
- Pokémon Ranger (2006) - Game Design Adviser
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (2006) - Game Design Leader, Plot Scenario, Map Designer
- Pokémon Platinum (2008) - Game Design, Plot Scenario, Map Design
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (2009) - Game Design, Pokéwalker: Game Design
- Pokémon Black and White (2010) - Game Design of Special Elements (Lead), Map Design, Survey Radar & Tag Mode Design
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (2012) - Pokémon Black Version and White Version Game Design
- HarmoKnight (2012) - Game Design
- Pokémon X and Y (2013) - Planning Director, Pokémon Design Coordination
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (2014) - Director, Concept & Plot
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (2016) - Director, Planning Director
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (2017) - Producer
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! (2018) - General Producer
- Pokémon Sword and Shield (2019) - Director, Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Concept
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus (2022) - Producer, Pokémon Creation Group Manager
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (2022) - Director, Concept
Pokémon Sword and Shield concept art
Route concept sketch
- Junichi Masuda and Shigeru Ohmori Sun and Moon Interview
- Toby Fox reveals Shigeru Ohmori as Generation IX Director
- Shea, Brian (October 4, 2019). "Exclusive Pokémon Sword And Shield Concept Art Gallery." Game Informer.