From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Mimicry (Japanese: ぎたい Mimicry) is an Ability introduced in Generation VIII. It is the signature Ability of Galarian Stunfisk.
|| This Ability effect may be in need of research. |
Reason: How does it interact with Forest's Curse and Trick-or-Treat? Does Mimicry activate if the Pokémon is ungrounded?
You can discuss this on the talk page.
Depending on the terrain, Mimicry will change the type of a Pokémon with this Ability. Its type changes as follows:
When terrain ends, the Pokémon reverts back to its original typing.
Mimicry will activate after the Pokémon with Mimicry is switched in, or whenever there is a change in terrain; changing the Pokémon's type by other means (such as via Soak) will not cause Mimicry to activate and override that type change.
Outside of battle
It is unknown if Mimicry has an effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Mimicry
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VIII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- For Generation VII games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VIII or later.
In other languages