From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hulu is a website subscription service offering ad-supported on-demand streaming video of TV shows, movies, webisodes and other new media, trailers, clips, and behind-the-scenes footage. Hulu provides video in Flash Video format, including many films and shows that are available in 288p, 360p, 480p, 720p and in some cases 1080p HD. Hulu is available in Japan and the United States. The contents on Hulu Japan is only available on Japanese territory in the same way the content on Hulu United States is only available on United States territory.
Hulu's service in Japan was launched on September 1, 2011.
The Pokémon anime has been available on Hulu Japan since August 1, 2012.
Hulu United States
The anime has been available on Hulu United States since January 30, 2014.
An expansion was announced on January 30th, 2014, notably including the English dub of the mini-series Pokémon Origins.
As of September 1st, 2017, All of the content related to the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl anime and also the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire anime on Hulu as well as Pokémon Origins have expired.
- Despite Shogakukan's distribution of the 2004 versions of the first 37 episodes of the original series as official and legal material in all media in Japan, Hulu has the 1997 original versions (before EP038 happened) of the episodes to EP037.
- Additionally, this collection did not include EP001, which remains as the 2004 version.
- The Japanese version doesn't have the edited version of Holiday Hi-Jynx, unlike Amazon Video and Netflix.
- EP038 is still banned, despite having a preview in EP037.
- All original series episodes are based on the rental and rerun versions.
- All Best Wishes series episodes were based on the versions when BW was still on Hulu Japan that were originally broadcasted by TV Tokyo.
- This included exclusive segments during its premiere on TV Tokyo (as thanks to sponsors), but which are subsequently deleted or modified to rental versions and reruns on networks such as Kids Station.
- BW022 had the original BW023 and BW024 preview when BW was still on Hulu Japan.
- The English captions of the episodes available in the United States have words that are capitalized incorrectly, such as names of humans and Pokémon and Pokémon moves.