From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Hallowed Tower (Japanese: みたまのとう Honored Spirit's Tower) is a crumbling tower located on Route 209. On it is an inscription that is unreadable until an Odd Keystone is placed on it. It is the only location of Spiritomb in Sinnoh.
Obtaining Spiritomb in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Versions, to acquire Spiritomb, the player must:
- Go to Route 209 and place an Odd Keystone in the tower.
- Enter the Underground and talk to other players a total of 32 times.
- Interact with the Hallowed Tower. A level 25 Spiritomb will appear, and a battle with it will begin immediately.
Hallowed Tower in Diamond and Pearl
Players refers to actual people playing the game, who appear in the Underground via DS Wireless Connection. Talking to the NPC vendors or traders will not count towards the total needed to summon Spiritomb.
It is important to note that one does not need to talk to 32 different players (it can be the same person 32 times, 32 different people, or a combination of both). However, one of the players may have to leave the main part of the Underground between interactions for each one to count. Entering and leaving a Secret Base also counts as having left the Underground. The number of players the player has talked to can be checked in the Underground by selecting the menu and viewing the Trainer Card. The number of people met is the number of players one has talked to.
Spiritomb can be summoned multiple times; however, the player will need to repeat the requirements: a new Odd Keystone to place and another 32 player characters to interact with.
Based on the amount of players the player has talked to, the game will display various messages:
- "It appears to have been built many years ago." (0-7)
- "Its stones appear to have shifted..." (8-14)
- "...Is that crying coming from inside the tower?" (15-21)
- "Is the tower shaking ever so slightly?" (22-28)
- "There is some sort of presence... It appears ready to emerge!" (29-31).
In the anime
The Hallowed Tower in the anime
The Hallowed Tower appeared in The Keystone Pops!. During a practice battle between Ash and Dawn, Buizel's Sonic Boom accidentally broke the tower, releasing Spiritomb from it. After Ash and Pikachu later defeated Spiritomb in a similar fashion to the Aura Guardian 500 years earlier, the tower was rebuilt and the Odd Keystone was resealed inside of it.
In other languages