From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Isaac (Japanese: タカハシ Takahashi) is the Club Master of the Lightning Club (Japanese: エレキクラブ Electric Club). He plays using the Zapping Selfdestruct Deck (Japanese: じばくでビリビリデッキ Zap by Selfdestruct Deck) and gives away the Lightning Medal to challengers who defeat him. In Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR!, he uses the スカイスパークデッキ Sky Spark Deck and later the ビリビリじばくデッキ Electric Suicide Deck.
He is often busy fixing the flashing light displays in the club, and will not duel until his students have all been defeated.
Once his members were defeated, he will able to duel the player for two Mystery booster packs and a Lightning Medal as prizes.
The deck relies on using multiple Defenders to use Selfdestruct without getting knocked out. This can devastate Active and Benched Pokémon on the opponent's and user's team. He also has Gust of Wind cards to switch the opponent's more heavily damaged Pokémon with Pokémon with less damage to deal high damage more efficiently and knock out multiple Pokémon.
The deck can be countered easily by using Fighting type cards like Sandshrew, Cubone, and Diglett and their evolutions. These cards have a limited resistance to damage from Electric types.
- Before all three Lightning Club Members have been defeated
- "I'm a little busy at the moment! Duel someone else!"
- After defeating all three Lightning Club Members (first time)
- "Well, that ought to do it. It was hard work, but here's our stage! Got to keep it looking smart! I'm the Lightning Club Master! Sure! I'll duel you!"
- After defeating all three Lightning Club Members (second time)
- "My lightning Pokémon Deck is the greatest! How about it? You want to see how good it is?"
- System: "Would you like to duel Isaac?"
- Yes: "The sparks will fly with 6 prizes! I'll show you what my lightning Pokémon deck can do!"
- No: "I'm not busy anymore, so I'll take you on any time!"
- "How could my lightning deck lose!?! How shocking...! Here, take this Lightning Medal as proof of defeating me. And here, take this Booster Pack, too. ...And another Booster Pack: Mystery. I'm going to polish my card skills, so come duel again."
Isaac has two different decks that he uses during the game.
Sky Spark Deck
Sky Spark Deck (Japanese: スカイスパークデッキ) is played by Isaac, the Club Master of the Lightning Club. The first time the player defeats Isaac, it causes GR-4 to abandon the Lightning Club and the player is subsequently rewarded with the Pikachu Coin. Future victories against this deck will get the player two Beginning Pokémon booster packs.
Isaac can be battled for the first time after Nicholas is defeated. Later in the game, Isaac will upgrade his deck and this deck can no longer be played against.
This deck is unique for this part of the game in that it contains Dark Pokémon. It can be assumed that these cards were provided to Isaac by GR-4 when the club was taken over. Later in the game, Isaac's main deck does not feature any Dark cards, using the GB-exclusive Electrode in favour of the Dark Electrode in this deck.
Electric Suicide Deck
Electric Suicide Deck (Japanese: ビリビリじばくデッキ) is the second deck played by Isaac. Defeating Isaac while he's playing with this deck will get the player two Psychic Battle booster packs.
This deck becomes available to battle against later in the game, after the player has access to GR Island.
|English, French, Italian, Spanish