From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Bad Dreams (Japanese: ナイトメア Nightmare) is an Ability introduced in Generation IV. It is the signature Ability of Darkrai.
At the end of each turn, each adjacent sleeping opponent takes damage equal to 1/8 of its maximum HP.
Bad Dreams inflicts damage after a Pokémon that is drowsy due to Yawn falls asleep (and thus inflicts damage to a Pokémon the same turn it falls asleep due to drowsiness). Bad Dreams applies after a Pokémon has the opportunity to be woken up by Hydration, Shed Skin, or Healer.
Outside of battle
Bad Dreams has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Bad Dreams
|Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VIII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- For Generation VII games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VIII or later.
In other games
At the end of each turn, enemy Pokémon in the same room with a sleep-related status condition (other than Yawning) will receive 15 points of HP damage.
||Enables Pokémon to inflict damage on sleeping foes in the same room.
||おなじへやで ねている てきポケモンに ダメージを あたえる
||The Pokémon damages enemy Pokémon in the same room and makes them have bad dreams!
In the anime
In the manga
|The Pokémon causes the opponent to have a nightmare.
||First Chapter Used In
||If a person or a Pokémon is asleep near Darkrai, it suffers from horrible nightmares that can be fatal if the sleeping person or Pokémon doesn't wake up in time. The Ability is active even if Darkrai is inside of a Poké Ball.
- This Ability originated as a TCG Attack.
- This move's Japanese name is the English name of a move which has a similar effect.
In other languages