April Fools' Day 2008
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.Jump to navigationJump to search
|This article, along with several pictures in it, is incomplete and unsatisfactory. |
Please feel free to help complete this article and replace the pictures to make them conform to Bulbapedia norms and conventions.
April 1, 2008 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Tuesday.
- Bulbagarden forums changed the default font on some of the forum skins to Wingdings.
- Bulbapedia deleted its User: namespace.
- Bulbanews ran a story based on Game Freak's hoax. (see below)
Other fan sites
- PokéCommunity Forums changed every user's status to moderator.
- PKMN.NET announced a new administrator. The administrator would be the person viewing the announcement.
- The Pokémon Times changed their theme for the episode to Digimon.
- Psypoke made several edits to their website.
- Visitors either saw a dancing Psyduck-Slowpoke hybrid (named Psypoke) at the bottom of the screen, or would have a Seaking burst through the top of the page.
- The forums were completely shuffled out of order. Furthermore, the icons and descriptions did not match up with the forum listed, and clicking the link to enter a forum would send the visitor to a random forum.
- An interview with an exclusive story on a supposed Pokémon Opal version was posted to the site.
- After the interview was posted, the site instead displayed a notice of closure following a cease-and-desist notification in relation to the interview. After 15 seconds, the visitor was returned to the real main page.
- Game Freak announced it was moving to the Arctic to save the elusive snow Pikachu together with a "new" Nintendo DS game, Seasan.
- deviantART changed the avatar of all of its users to an animated Mudkip sprite.
- Feminist Gamers ran a story about police busting an illegal Pokémon fighting ring.
|April Fools' Day|
|2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|