April Fools' Day 2006
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.Jump to navigationJump to search
April 1, 2006 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Saturday.
Pokémon-related hoaxes this year included:
- A special edition of Bulbacast was released, breaking the news about 10 newly discovered Pokémon names, as well as other 'information' about Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, such as a true cross-breeding feature and the name of the new region. The Pokeani hoaxes were also discussed.
- Pokeani made its first April Fools' Day hoax, announcing a spinoff anime based on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, where the main character is a boy-turned-Pikachu. Also reported was a new ending, Takeshi's Paradise 2.
- Dogasu's Backpack published a fake comparison of Mean with Envy, illustrated with doctored screenshots.
A fairly predictable joke that recurs each April Fools' Day is an aesthetic change:
- SPP expanded its initials as Super Princess Peach.
- Pokécommunity set the default color scheme to black-on-black.
- Bulbapedia set the interface for logged-in users to Finnish, then later, Japanese.
- Pokémon Emerald MA imitates the new, 'girl-oriented' Slashdot look, OMG!!! Ponies!!, including the pink color scheme.
- Psypoke celebrated Seizure Awareness Day, with a new banner and bright new flashing color scheme. The forums were also modified to have a similar flashing-color effect within each table cell on the index page.
- pkmn.net set up the profanity filter on their forums to change various common words:
- pkmn.net also announced that Celebi was obtainable in Pokémon Emerald.
- #pocketmonsters released a parody translation of AG160.
|April Fools' Day|
|2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|