From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the objects in the Pokémon games. For Pokémon Trading Card Game collection, see Vending Machine cards.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing images of Vending Machines.
A vending machine is an object in the Pokémon games used to sell drinks.
In the Generation III and IV games, when purchasing a drink there is a 1/64 chance that the player may also receive an extra drink for free. In Generation V, this chance is increased to a 1/32 chance. When this happens, the message "Score! An extra can of [item] dropped down!" or "Bonus! Another can of [item] dropped down." is displayed, depending on generation. In Black 2 and White 2, there is a Medal for having this happen.
This listing is of the locations where Vending Machines can be found:
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
At the Pokéathlon Dome, drinks can be bought from the vending machine with Athlete Points as well as .
- Although vending machines are listed as dropping a can of the drink in question regardless of game and generation, the item menu sprites depict only Lemonade coming in a can. Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Moomoo Milk are depicted as bottles in their item menu sprites, even if bought through a vending machine which says it drops a can.
- Out of the items sold in the Department Store vending machines, Fresh Water is the best deal from a /HP comparison, at 4/HP. Soda Pop is the worst deal, at 5/HP, and Lemonade is in the middle, at 4.375/HP.
- Of the Cable Car entrance vending machines, Fresh Water comes in at 8/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 10/HP, and Lemonade at 8.75/HP.
- Of the Team Magma and Aqua Hideout vending machines, Fresh Water comes in at 3/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 4.167/HP, and Lemonade at 3.75/HP.
- Kalos is the only core series region where vending machines cannot be found.