From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the objects in the Pokémon games. For Pokémon Trading Card Game collection, see Vending Machine cards.
A Vending Machine (Japanese: 自動販売機 Vending Machine) is a machine found in several regions of the Pokémon world which is used to sell drinks.
When purchasing a drink in the Generation III and IV games, there is a 1/64 chance that the player may also receive an extra drink for free. In Generation V, this chance is increased to a 1/32 chance. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there is also a chance of an extra drink, with an even slimmer chance of two extra drinks. When this happens, the message "Score! An extra can of <item> dropped down!", "Bonus! Another can of <item> dropped down.", "Score! You got a bonus drink! An extra bottle of <item> dropped down." is displayed, depending on generation. In Black 2 and White 2, there is a Medal for having this happen.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing Colo, XD, and ORAS images of Vending Machines.
This listing is of the locations where Vending Machines can be found:
Core series games
Vending Machines in the core series games will sell three kinds of drinks.
In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there are Vending Machines which only sell one kind of drink, as well as some whose prices vary from the normal Vending Machines.
At the Pokéathlon Dome, drinks can be bought with Athlete Points as well as with Pokémon Dollars.
Vending Machines also appear in Orre, in both Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD. The Moomoo Milk can only be bought in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
- Although Vending Machines are listed as dropping a can of the drink in question regardless of what drink is purchased, the item menu sprites depict only Lemonade coming in a can.
- Out of the items sold in the Department Store Vending Machines, Fresh Water is the best deal from a /HP comparison, at 4/HP. Soda Pop is the worst deal, at 5/HP, and Lemonade is in the middle, at 4.375/HP.
- Of the Cable Car entrance Vending Machines, Fresh Water comes in at 8/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 10/HP, and Lemonade at 8.75/HP.
- Of the Team Magma and Aqua Hideout vending machines, Fresh Water comes in at 3/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 4.167/HP, and Lemonade at 3.75/HP.
- Kalos is the only core series region where vending machines cannot be found.
In other languages