Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
What's the chance...
...of a vending machine dropping a free beverage? As in, does a vending machine have a 5% chance of giving the player an extra beverage? 10%? 1 in 8192? It would be good information to put in the article, wouldn't it? - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 23:53, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- ...anybody? - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 13:56, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- I was also curious about this, so I did a bit of testing into this in Platinum. I bought ONE THOUSAND drinks - to make sure the results were quite accurate - and recorded how many free drinks were obtained.
- The results were kind of strange though... the first 500 times yielded 14 free drinks; but the next 500 only 3. So by applying basic mathematical probability to circumstantial results, I would say the average chance is... maybe about 2%?
- Anyway! To answer the question, I found it to be about 2% in Platinum... or perhaps between 2-3%... less than 5% anyway! ***shiningSteelix*** 15:40, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
- Are HGSS the only ones with a 1/64 chance? Or is it every game from HGSS on? --It's Funktastic~!話してください 00:28, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
- BW is 1/32, HGSS is 1/64. I just tested Platinum and Emerald and they both use rand%64 (1/64 chance). BW/B2W2 are the first games with double the odds (@ 1/32).
- So, Gen3 = 1/64 // Gen4 = 1/64 // Gen5 = 1/32. Kaphotics (talk) 00:15, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
Buying lemonade with less than $350?
I was hacking on the Gen I pokemon code, and realized that the code only checks the player's money against $200, thus it allows me to buy lemonade with an amont of money >= $200 but < $350. The game does know to handle underflow, so I end up using all my money. However this still seems like a programming oversight instead of an intended feature. (Verified on a simulator) Bbbbbbbbba (talk) 06:47, 26 February 2014 (UTC)