Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
User talk:Missingno. Master/Archive10
NOTICE: This page is an archive of Missingno. Master's talk page. All discussion is to be held on his current talk page.
Since you moved the page to shiny Pokémon, this article should strictly talk about shininess. However, this article also talks about non-shinies... such as Primal Dialga and Pink Butterfree. That's what makes our site different from others. ht14 21:14, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's true. Maybe make another page for Pokémon that are oddly colored, but not shiny? Missingno. Master wants YOU! Join the Order of the Glitch! (my talk page) 09:47, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
From your name you seem very expert and interested in Glitches. Please, say what do you think about what I wrote in Talk:Missingno.#Missingno. in Italian Pokèmon Yellow --Abcd 16:28, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- I think you bring up a good point here, perhaps more research could be done about the international differences between Glitch Pokémon. I've never heard of a TM teaching a Pokémon 2 extra moves before. Maybe if you can get a complete list of the TMs and HMs Missingno. can learn in Italian Yellow Version, and what other moves they also teach, I could try to incorporate it into the Missingno. article. Missingno. Master wants YOU! Join the Order of the Glitch! (my talk page) 20:27, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
I’m sorry, but I don’t have my gameboy within reach because I stopped playing Pokémon some years ago, even though sometime the passion returns, for example when a new film is produced or a new glitch is discovered. For the moment I can’t investigate Missingno. moves. I can say that Missingno. doesn’t learn any moves by levelling up and it can learn three moves at once by some TM. In this case, the text informs that it has lerned only one move, so we notice the two extra moves only in its state page and in fights. Maybe I could give you some information when I’ll visit my cousin, who has Pokémon Yellow on the computer, with a Missigno. I captured for him, but the problem is that I rarely see because we live in distant places. Meanwhile, also you can download this program (I’m not able to do it), but probably you don’t know Italian. An alternative could be ask some Spanish, French, German ecc.user of Bulbapedia in other languages to do this search: i noticed on youtube that Spanish version of Missingno. is like the Italian one. I also suggest to specify in the Missingno. page and related pages that Old Man Glitch only works in English version. However, even before this search, is posssible add in the pagethe sprite of Missingno. from the two links I posted, looking forward someone that can find the sprite of Italian Red&Blue Missingno. (the Mew glitch doesn’t works...maybe is necessary using a gameshark, but I can’t do it). P.S. In the English Wikipedia the ariticle about Missingno. (like some other Pokémon) talks about “Critical reseption”. Maybe Bulbapedia should also do this. Bye. --Abcd 20:06, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not MM, but I'll give my opinion on this case anyway (and from talks I've had on AIM with other admins, this seems to be the general consensus): to get the electAbuzzzz 23:44, 8 October 2009 (UTC) you need to use a ROM (an illegal action which we do not endorse), and mess with the game's coding (which, like you said, is obviously not the same as most glitches), and therefore the notability of such articles is more than questionable. I think we should delete them, but I'll wait for some more opinions before we do that. --
You forgot in your shiny hunting guide to have about soft resetting. Also how is the revolution going? can I join? OwnageMuch 08:01, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
let me start off with an apology. i should have come to you, the leader of the GlitchDex project, about the issue facing GS only Pokemon. however, given the fact a large majority that were being created on a daily basis were below the site standards quality, we made an administrative board decision to put an outright stop to it. though, i didnt find out until today, when i saw your comment on a talk page, that you also did not like the idea of GS Pokemon.
however, you may or may not have noticed i did NOT delete 3 of them. you see, while you may think im anti-glitch, you also may or may not know i used to mess with glitches quite a lot back in the day. im surprised my Blue version hasnt melted or exploded (and my Red version ran away). the reason i bring this up is because two of the GS only Pokemon are listed as "commonly used by Glitch trainers" and i love encountering glitch Gary/Blue while i surf along the Island (in between finding the numerous Snorlax of course). so i took pity on these two and am leaving it up to you and the project to decide their fate. i give you 8 and PkMn n. also, dont go crazy with the idea, but a page for the different glitch trainers wouldnt be too bad of an idea. i think theres three of them.
the other glitch i saved for the sheer impressiveness of it. 94 has some of the highest stats ive ever seen as well as the largest learn list ever. however, im not sure what else there is to say about it, but again, investigate at your discretion. if theres no use for it, or if theres a more impressive glitch im not aware of, just slap a delete tag on it. -- MAGNEDETH 07:45, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- I think keeping the Glitch Pokémon that are exclusive to glitch trainers wouldn't be a bad idea, so long as those glitch trainers can be encountered and send them out without GameShark being involved. On that subject, a page detailing the different glitch trainers wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Of course, I wouldn't be much help in that area, as I know next to nothing about the glitch trainers. As far as 94's article, I don't even know what to do yet. I agree, 94 is impressive. Good stats, lots of moves, immunity to both its own types... I don't know yet... Missingno. Master wants YOU! Join the Order of the Glitch! (my talk page) 12:08, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- youve not messed with the glitch trainers? theyre a lot of fun. if you use symbols in your player name (according to Glitch City), you can encounter them. PkMn n is used twice in the battle with glitch Gary. along with two Nidorino's, a Flareon and 'M. hell, maybe ill take up the challenge and write the article myself. -- MAGNEDETH 18:44, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
Hey, I was wondering if I could join your order of the glitch. I heard you were in need of mass recruiting. I need to be prepared for your revolution and so does everyone else that supports Glitch Pokémon. I await the revolution and sit prepared for the command to attack.--Smartkidhen 20:14, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
A little confusion here
I'm sure the policy was to disclude Generation I glitch pokemon which could only be encountered through the use of a gameshark e.g. those glitches that appear as trainers when you use their special for the mew trick. Does this not apply to Generation III and up glitch pokemon though? My only concern is some Generation III + Pokemon are noted which have an unknown hexadecimal identifier (such as B óË Á N which can only be encountered with the steal other trainers pokemon code. That could just be an animation glitch can you please clarify whether it should exist :) im confused about the idea of something that might not even be indexed with a hexadecimal value being here whilst the Generation I pokemon are removed (gameshark) --Chickasaurus 13:06, 6 December 2009 (UTC) 1:05 6 December 2009 (GMT)
- The thing is, Generation II through IV Glitch Pokémon are almost all encounterable only through cheating devices. In Generation I, the sheer volume of Glitch Pokémon that were GS-only, not to mention the issue with some of their names, that's what led to their articles being deemed not notable. As for B óË Á N, as I've never done much research on that one, so I couldn't really say if it should exist or not. Missingno. Master wants YOU! Join the Order of the Glitch! (my talk page) 12:49, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
Just so you know
Yes we do think of you every so often. Just put this on your userpage:
I saw what you did with Ash's Muk's move template, and it's okay for me. What do you think about Brock's Vulpix? has it used Agility or not, even thought it was just a dubbing error, just like Muk's Poison Gas? --FinnishPokéFan92 16:49, 7 January 2010 (UTC)