From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
a shiny hunting tip
I believe it is a good idea to list the poke balls you should use and places to go without moves like teleport, explosion, ect. - unsigned comment from Natnew (talk • contribs)
Helpful hint for Pokemon XY
Use a Pokemon that has the move of Sweet scent to attract hordes.
These Pokemon are:
Oddish - Route 6
Illumise - Route 7
Combee - Route 4
--SpilledTea (talk) 01:03, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Much as I appreciate the hint, I kinda already knew this. To get an idea of how long I knew this for, I got a level 13 Illumise off Wonder Trade I started carrying with me purely for Sweet Scent usage. She is now level 100. I almost never used her in battle, that's 99% Exp. Share right there. I've EV trained Pokémon and gotten multiple Shinies by Sweet Scenting to attract hordes. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 03:27, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
i have seen some comments or whatever by you that were unsigned. please sign them. --Valehd (tAlk) 01:37, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
- His signature is the unsigned comment. He set his signature to look like that.--ForceFire 02:35, 2 February 2015 (UTC
- WAT? --Valehd (tAlk) 01:31, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, I did it some time ago pretty much for the lulz. You can tell it from actual unsigned templates by the presence of a timestamp, like so; - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 02:24, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- oh. --Valehd (tAlk) 00:50, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
Capture vs catch?
I have to ask is this spree of changing "capture" to "catch" that you're on justified by some sort of policy that I'm not aware of, or is it more or less just your personal preference? Myself, I actually prefer "capture" somewhat over "catch". Tiddlywinks (talk) 22:55, 12 June 2015 (UTC)
- ...Boy, is my face red. I could've sworn I read somewhere on here that "catch" was preferred over "capture", but after searching for it, I... can't seem to find it again. Either I misread something or a rule's been changed since then. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 23:09, 12 June 2015 (UTC)
- At least you found that one place where someone apparently went the other direction and carelessly came up with "Brock captures up with Misty". =P Tiddlywinks (talk) 23:26, 12 June 2015 (UTC)
- "Catch" refers to caught Pokémon, while "capture" refers to captured Pokémon who are being controlled by a Capture Styler. --Abcboy (talk) 23:37, 12 June 2015 (UTC)
- I agree, but it seems that there is no official policy to that effect on Bulbapedia as I thought. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 00:23, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
- That claim doesn't entirely hold water, Abcboy, when right above the "captured" Pokemon section, there's a quote from Ash's own Pokedex saying "To capture a Pokemon"... From a purely practical perspective, I don't think there's enough difference to absolutely prefer either. And the games definitely use "capture" freely enough (Red and Black 2 pretty freely, certainly; in ORAS it at least appears in "Capture Power"). Tiddlywinks (talk) 09:12, 13 June 2015 (UTC)