The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
A list of the "specific areas" should be included.--Dual 16:32, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
- I think that means the fact Dive isn't an HM anymore hurts Ludicolo's usefulness in the metagame, but it's still a stupid thing to say in the first place. Bulbapedia may be a place for a gross amount of game data, but not a strategy guide.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 23:09, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
I was wondering... is there an item offset for the Dive HM in FRLG? Is it actually an HM, just with no uses, or is it a regular move?
- It's only a move and the only way to obtain it is trading a Pokémon to R/S/E, teach it Dive and then send it back. In FRLG Dive is interpreted as any other non-HM move; it means that can be forgotten normally without having to go to the Move Deleter and it has no Field-Effect as there aren't underwater spots in Kanto nor the Sevii Islands. (Could it be that you can migrate Pokémon knowing Dive from FRLG to D/P?) hfc2X 16:54, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
I merely forgot how to counter a Pokémon that uses Dive!(Usually a 2-turn moves can be countered, example: Fly with Sky Uppercut & Thunder.) Since this move is no more popular in the IV Generation, I rarely found an opponent using this move, until yesterday in the Battle Arcade.. Help?- unsigned comment from W1l50n1404 (talk • contribs)
Pokémon mystery dungeon?
Alright, dive cannot be gained by a TM/HM in generation IV, right? Well, on my Pokémon mystery dungeon explorers of sky game I have found some dive TMs. So whats with that? Are move tutor moves avalible for TM in the Pokémon mystery dungeon series due to a lack of move tutors (Although it would make more sense to open a shop in Pokémon square/treasure town where move tutor moves could be taught for some Poké.)?
HM6 is Dive
Dive returns as a HM in Black and WhiteTempest370 10:49, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
It says on here Arceus is a Fighting type, but it's normally a ??? type, right? Gliscorguy54 21:53, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- No, it's normally a Normal type. However, when you attach it with certain plates, then it becomes a different type altogether. As a result, we've made it such that the type for Arceus changes after a certain amount of time. ht14 21:55, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
Dive in the anime
I've always pictured that if there was no water and a Pokémon was commanded to use Dive that they would jump up into the air and "dive" into the opponent, maybe they'd also get surrounded by water? Is that worth mentioning in the trivia? --Landfish7 21:22, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
- Not until it's actually used. —darklordtrom 06:50, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- Do not adjust your computer monitor! There is nothing wrong with your Pokémon encyclopedia! There's coding in place here on Bulbapedia that makes Arceus's listed type change as time passes. As I post this Arceus appears as a Dragon-type. --AndyPKMN (talk) 20:14, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Isn't this page sort of ignoring a pretty fundamental question about Dive? How does the trainer breathe? How? ~ CZeke 03:17, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Probably through the same mechanisms that allow Surf to summon a wave in the middle of the desert or a Zubat with Fly to carry a pre-teen, i.e., a wizard did it. —Minimiscience 03:19, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
Instances of Dive in the anime
The trivia section mentions Dive being used in the anime, but there are no examples of it listed. I'd add some, but I don't have time to go through episodes looking for them myself... could someone else add at least one example? Better than none, anyway. Yamiidenryuu 22:55, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- The trivia section doesn't mention anything about the anime..? If you're talking about Lorelei's Cloyster being able to use it, that is in the games. XD Dive has never been used in the anime. Littlmiget123 16:52, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, wait, I saw Kenji's deletion. Okay, nevermind then. ^-^ Littlmiget123 16:53, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
- Well then, it seems it's never been used in the anime after all. Okay! Yamiidenryuu 22:15, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
If a Pokemon learns dive by level up while it is an HM, is it allowed to forget it normally?
If so, can this happen while underwater? Tk3141 05:08, 2 May 2012 (UTC)