Trying to edit page for Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, but it says it is protected by Admin.... help?
Shoegal 19:15, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Polygon's TM name
- 2 Pop-ups
- 3 Serebii's reported English names
- 4 Romaji MOS
- 5 Bulk Up
- 6 Cache
- 7 Speedy deletion criteria
- 8 Cuserin/Kasurin
- 9 Grand Masters
- 10 My Nonsense
- 11 Wikipedia
- 12 Comments
- 13 Giratina
- 14 Gold's Sunflora
- 15 Sneedlysomething
- 16 Image for EP002
- 17 Sorry
- 18 In the future
- 19 Roserade
- 20 I'm trying to rollback the vandalized pages
- 21 Congrats!
- 22 Congratulations
- 23 Hey
- 24 Talk Page Comments
- 25 Todd Snap pic
- 26 This is a somewhat random question, but...
- 27 Can you help?
- 28 wow kid
- 29 Help
- 30 The
- 31 Here's the thing...
- 32 Question
- 33 Hey...
- 34 We need to make up for lost time...
- 35 Unprotect please
- 36 You're an admin, right?
- 37 フラフラダンス
- 38 japanese help
- 39 Question
- 40 HOW DARE YOU?!
- 41 Administrator Status
- 42 pokemon speical
- 43 Those romanisations
- 44 Unprotect
- 45 Translation
- 46 Unprotect
- 47 Bulbanews
- 48 Sono-o
- 49 Your reversion of my question
- 50 Ngl42398
- 51 Project Music
- 52 TCG GB2 deck names
- 53 Screenshots
- 54 Gamefreak's Romanizations for Movie Characters
- 55 Please read Template talk:Itlistbod
- 56 Re: Reshiram and Zekrom Typings
- 57 KH wiki
- 58 The hierarchy of 'correct' translation
- 59 Project DungeonDex
- 60 Sorry
- 61 W
- 62 Romanizations
- 63 Redirect
Polygon's TM name
Please do your checks more thoroughly. The Polygon/ポリゴン in the trademark database is not for the Pokémon. Moreover the spelling Porygon is used internally in Pokémon XD and Colosseum. - 振霖T 07:28, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
Serebii's reported English names
Could you stop moving everything? Look, there's more than enough reason to believe that Serebii's pulling a large April Fool's joke. If you wait until tomorrow, then you can at least be sure whether or not it's real. But if it does turn out to be a hoax (which I'm fairly certain it will), you're just making a bigger mess for us to clean up later. Thank you. --Pie ~♪♫ 22:14, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
Oops. Sorry, I was on a quest to add descriptions for status moves and mistook cdesc for bdesc. The former states that it would do in a contest, the latter what it does during battle. --- unsigned comment from Tinlv7 (talk • contribs)
Speedy deletion criteria
It's not really a good idea to edit the page from one criteria for speedy deletion to another. "Talk:Matt" was initially nominated because it was a redirect to Talk:Aqua Admin Amber, a different Team Aqua Admin entirely. By blanking Talk:Matt, it now fit a different speedy deletion criteria: lack of content. Maybe if you'd brought up a legitimate comment instead of blanking the page, I wouldn't be posting this right now...--Shiningpikablu252 02:08, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
I thought Kasurin would come from Kasumi Loverin? The only page that Cuserin brings up is that one, but Kasurin has loads about it, and it seems the english name Caserin's spelling comes from it. Cooper 03:30, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
Ignore the first sentence. Kasumi + rin, rin being a suffix used in nicknames (like this) meaning puny. Like I said though, that page is the only one Google finds for Cuserin that is Pokemon related. Kasurin is definately the most used translation of the name. - unsigned comment from Cooper (talk • contribs)
Saying that Cuserin is more likely as a name is your opinion, both have an equal chance because of the absence of an official translation. Since Kasurin is actually used, shouldn't it be on the page? There isn't any solid evidence for Cuserin, except speculation about it, but Kasurin is actually used. For simplicity's sake at least, shouldn't it be Kasurin? Cooper 04:37, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
Any response? Cooper 11:15, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
- Maybe because people have been inserting links to bulbapedia every where they fricking can on wikipedia, and it's getting a bit ridiculous? Like for Miyako Itō, where the bulbapedia link is the FIRST one, and she's only had one pokemon role?
- Seriously, how much does this site need its ego padded? 'cause this is slightly ridiculous.KrytenKoro 11:20, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
氷 IS PART OF 氷空 WHICH MEANS SKY! SORA! I placed a sentence there describing the mountainous and "icy" setting. Pokemaniac102 21:38, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
Gold's Sunflora's name is really Sintaro. I have Chuang Yi's version of volumes 8 and 9 and I know better. It wasn't a typo. Gold named Sunflora Sintaro because she's a "Sincere Pokémon". So, don't change this. --Maxim 16:59, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- Singaporeans aren't exactly to be trusted. Having lived here for 10 years, I think you better trust my opinion...OptimatumTalk|♊09:26 10 Mar 2008
Image for EP002
I'm sorry, but if you decided to change the Pulse Bomb title to Wave Bomb you should also change it on the List of Diamond & Pearl episodes page and the DP066 page. Pikastorm ぴか中 (16:46, 7 March 2008 (UTC))
- The title should be "Pulse Bomb". Because it needs to have consistency with the other attacks that has "Hadou" in it. The attacks are:
- Dragon PULSE ---------悪の波動 (りゅうのはどう)
- Dark PULSE -----------悪の波動 (あくのはどう)
- Water PULSE ----------水の波動 (みずのはどう)
- PULSE PULSE -----------波動弾 (はどうだん)
- . 脈拍｛みゃくはく｝、脈｛みゃく｝、脈動｛みゃくどう｝、鼓動｛こどう｝、振動｛しんどう｝、波動｛はどう｝
- . 爆弾｛ばくだん｝、爆発物
I don't think you should change the title to Aura Sphere "Pulse Bomb", he needs to change the Japanese title to Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, and Water Pulse. So Pulse Bomb is the correct title. Also it's not just "Lucario's Hadou", it is also Dialga's and Palkia's, Mewtwo's and Mew's Hadou, sense they can also learn "Aura Sphere". Pikastorm ぴか中 ( 23:04, 10 March 2008 (UTC))
- i don't. i can't choose, i like it, i don't. i'm just concerned about the other attacks with hadou (ex. water pulse, dragon ~ you get the idea, ) but are right about hadou and wave, so we should just use the 'pulse' because of the other attacks for consistency. i don't think YOUR title is bad.... - unsigned comment from Pikastorm (talk • contribs)
In the future
In the future, when you disagree with an editorial member's decision, contact him or her and voice your opinion. By simply reverting the reversion you are asking for an editing feud, which is not only a bad idea in general, but also unwise when the member supersedes you in rank.
Given the fact that you clearly had no problem when the Platinum page previously made no mention of when Regigigas will be distributed, it strikes me as hypocritical on your part to suddenly be bothered by a minute difference of three or two days. For your information, "will be distributed" implies "at some unspecified date", and that is by far more inaccurate than "currently distributed". That said, I have agreed to state the actual date in the paragraph and leave it at that until the 20th.
I expect to see you revert the sentence back to the original phrasing come this Friday. If you sit by idly, you will have wasted my time with these so-called pedantics. Oh, I suppose you will be interested to know the exact time each of the Japanese retail stores will begin the promotion, won't you? -Unown Lord 06:34, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
Hey, the Gerudo info isn't inane. Granted that the "Roserade sounds like an energy drink" does sound rather stupid, the Roserade-Gerudo thing does have a pretty good connection. Rpp 03:19, 3 July 2008 (UTC)Rpp
- Nevermind, I don't care about it anymore. Rpp 21:41, 28 July 2008 (UTC)Rpp
I'm trying to rollback the vandalized pages
But it keeps saying that the person is the only author of the page. You fixed White City that way though, what's the trick? I'll do whatever it takes. Toastypk 07:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
On becoming an admin!Emperor's Cookies 00:18, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well, here is a list: Special:Categories. There is no page that shouldn't have one, since there are about 2000 to choose from. MoldyOrange 00:49, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Todd Snap pic
This is a somewhat random question, but...
Why did you name your Noctowl Artemis? Athena would've made more sense, seeing as Athena was not only the ancient Greek goddess of wisdom (and Noctowl is stated to be very wise), but Athena was also said in Greek mythology to take the form of an owl. --Shiny Noctowl 04:28, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe he was thinking about Artemis Fowl the book?--Blazevoir 12:28, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Can you help?
- B4 you try to be all kool by putin some1 down y not type in engliz so we can readz it?- unsigned comment from Darth Cookie Monster (talk • contribs)
- Actually, you are the best person who understands kanji on this site (or so I have found), even if it just a little bit. I can deal with confusing if you can get me the translation. MoldyOrange 18:58, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- I now have the scan for the Latios and Latias card. (a:Image:Latias Latios J Promo.jpg) If we can get translations for these two cards, it will finish the "J" Promotional cards. If you could please work on them, I would appreciate it. MoldyOrange 19:43, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- The following may be the hardest thing I have ever asked you to do, I need a translation for the following card, i order to complete the TCG: a:Image:Top4trainers.jpg I know it is a horrible image and the text is extremely hard to read, but anything you can get at all will help. There are 85 cards left in the world that we don't have pages for yet, and this would be considered the hardest of the 85 left to do; Good luck, you will need it. (Maybe if you save it to your computer and zoom in on the image, you might get something.) MoldyOrange 03:55, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
...um. No. No need for "the". We don't have "The Scientist Gideon" or "The Boss Giovanni", and so on. No need for thes in Frontier Brain articles. They're just named "position name" because of the potential for need for disambig pages... like with Lucy. Pike Queen Lucy looks better than Lucy (Battle Frontier), and it's consistent among all of them. TTEchidna 05:05, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Here's the thing...
I understand that the merging of articles should be discussed, but in the case of Floaroma Meadow, there's really no case in favor of a merge. It's a nearby location, such as Solaceon Ruins, not part of the town. Nobody seems to agree with the guy who suggested the merge in the first place. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 00:46, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I was kind of hoping, since I don't know much about Kanji and translations either, that you would be able to help with an expansion project that I wasn't expecting to be as large as it actually was. See, I made Category:Pokémon cards in need of Japanese name translations and Category:Pokémon cards in need of Japanese names, and I was hoping you would be able to help, because you helped with this sort of thing before MaverickNate 23:22, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- We've been pulling the Kanji from the Japanese TCG website, but some, we cannot translate into romantization correctly and we need you to do it. Start with the two moves here, here, and this: しっぽビンタ. MaverickNate 06:20, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- What does this mean :ふいをつく ? MaverickNate 04:31, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
We found an old set of promo cards, so old that they are no longer on the Japanese TCG website. Could you tell us the what the attacks mean and things like that, if we show you the images? MaverickNate 19:13, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- I hope they're big enough. Starting with number one: a:Image:McDonaldBulbasaur.jpg. MaverickNate 19:36, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- #2: a:Image:McDonaldOddish.jpg MaverickNate 00:17, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- Numero Tres: a:Image:McDonaldChikorita.jpg MaverickNate 02:17, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- Next: a:Image:McDonaldCharmander.jpg. You can get me these whenever, you don't have to get them to me right when I put them on your page. MaverickNate 02:53, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well, then we can just keep this moving then. a:Image:McDonaldVulpix.jpg MaverickNate 03:00, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- a:Image:McDonaldCyndaquil.jpg. MaverickNate 20:14, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
We need to make up for lost time...
So I'm going to start an overhaul by type, starting with water and the leftover from fire...
- Also, I need a little more. Attacks from Saturn's Toxicroak: にげかえる (Poké-POWER), ポイズンリベンジ (attack). And attacks from Jupiter's Probopass: ノーズユニット (attack) and すごいはないき (attack). Thanks, this should do it for a while, unless you decide to do more of the jname/jtrans things from the 5th Movie Half Deck or something. Those are always helpful, but you don't need to do it. MaverickNate 02:38, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you, you are so awesome! MaverickNate 02:50, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Also, please add [[Category:Ranger templates]] to
You're an admin, right?
- Thanks again. — THE TROM — 07:24, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
I noticed that you translated this as "Teeter dance". I know that you know quite a bit of Japanese, but I might have to call you out on this one. The English name is "The Hula-la". I know that I don't know as much Japanese as you do, but I do believe that
(fu[hu])(ra)(fu[hu])(ra)(da)(n)(su) (Hula-Hula dance) would be a more accurate translation. What do you think? Thank you for your time. --RexRacer -talk 04:22, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- He probably meant that the Japanese you translated the Japanese name for Teeter Dance as Teeter Dance, but on a card it was translated as "The Hula-la". He is just saying that he thinks your translation on here is not correct. MaverickNate 04:28, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Could you find the Japanese name for Cacophony? It'd be helpful. Also, could you fill in the jnames and jtrans of the 5th Movie Half Deck as well. I'm not sure if they are correct and most are not even done. Thanks in advance! ;) MaverickNate 03:11, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
- I want to see if Cacophony has appeared in the TCG, and that is why I need the name... MaverickNate 20:14, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ohh okay--☆Coolピカチュウ! 02:23, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- For the Flying Pokémon Kids page, I've got some of it romanized. Don't have my kanji book with me, though, so it is choppy. If you could finish it for me, I'd really apprecite it. See here and here for he page and what I have done so far. When I say (wa?) I mean that the ha could in fact be a particle wa, but the kanji makes it difficult for me to know. Anyway, thanks!-RexRacer -talk 02:55, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
HOW DARE YOU?!
It's YOU who put those fake Japanese Leader titles into the articles. TELL ME where did you get them from, NOW! --Maxim 16:45, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- Never believe PokeAni when it comes to non-anime things! Never! --Maxim 16:49, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
In order to keep our Administrator list currently up-to-date, this is a generic "are you there" message.
You've been assumed as currently active and are already marked as such, but if you disagree with this, either edit the List of administrators to reflect your status (Active, Hiatus, Inactive), or reply here when you get the chance. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 16:11, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
Are those official, or are those just some random Engrish that you found in JDICT (or other dictionary)? --Maxim 08:39, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for a drastic move. But that's what happens when you ignore me. --Maxim 16:00, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry to bother but have to you had a chance to tranlate the link?--☆Coolピカチュウ! 00:19, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Protect 126 while your'e at it. *tc26* 04:00, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, Urutapu.... you got beat. — THE TROM — 20:28, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Handled. — THE TROM — 06:51, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Where did you get such romanisation? It looks terrible! Is it official spelling? --Maxim 07:50, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- True. Sonō was probably an error (since it is not ソノウ or ソノー) but I think Sono-o looks weird. I think Sonoo is better, even though it can be mispronounced (but, so can be "Fushigidane" and all other Japanese names). So I think it should be changed to Sonoo. Also, Sono-o is a nonstandard romanisation, not belonging to any conventional system. --Maxim 08:09, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
Your reversion of my question
Hello. I see you reverted my question. It is not spam, please do not say that it is. I used that talk page as that was the page in question that had the word in it. I have put it back on, please do not re-remove. Should push come to shove I will get other users involved.--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 15:09, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
That guy left a message on my talk page telling me to lift his userpage edits ban. He told me he wasn't aware of that rule, and now I've come to you to ask; Should his ban be lifted or not? You're an admin, so you can undo that ban. --Alpha TotodileRWAR!! 20:30, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
that user is currently sitting in "Abuse" which is a user group that disallows user space edits because he was told to stop, and did not. a message was left on his talk explaining to him that he is in abuse, but i guess hes just a whiny kid. -- MAGNEDETH 23:57, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi. There's an edit you made that I sorta disagree with, and since you're an admin I figured I'll discuss it with you first. The edit in question is this. Was this really necessary? You see, it's kinda the exact opposite of the guidelines set in Project Music, which I lead... Thoughts? --electAbuzzzz 09:54, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- Just standard - you see, every track on the list is supposed to have the track's name, the Japanese name, the artist's name, and the track's length. If some of those details are missing, they just weren't filled up yet. So we bold the track names so that they stand out from the rest. In this case, it makes the English names stand out from the Japanese names, but that's only because the other details are still missing. --electAbuzzzz 13:54, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
TCG GB2 deck names
I see that you've translated the deck names on Team GR member articles in late March, thank you for that. Could you please translate the other ones, which can be found here, as well? :) UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 16:03, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Gamefreak's Romanizations for Movie Characters
I'm beggining to doubt that they'll anything to go by. This is just their own exact transliteration of Japanese characters, based on Kunrei-Shiki. For example シ becomes si, ツ becomes tu etc. Also, long mark becomes the space, which is especially annoying in that. Such transliterations are neither conventional, nor they make any sense. I'd say that we should trust GF filenames ONLY when they break the scheme. For example, "Albert", "Damos" or "Tap" are okay because they're not exact transliterations but seemingly intended Romaji spellings for those characters names. However, spellings like "Si Na", "Kebin" or "Gisin" are nothing more than nosense and blind transliteration of the Kana spelling. We prefer meaning-based transliterations to those. I'm advocating the usage of "Sheena", "Kevin" and "Gishin". They're not only aesthetically better but also better reflect what those characters' names are supposed to be. --Maxim 12:45, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
Please read Template talk:Itlistbod
That's pretty much it, really.KrytenKoro 11:43, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
- Taken care of. —darklordtrom 20:52, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
Re: Reshiram and Zekrom Typings
I'm not exactly sure which admin to complain to but please tell me, when did unconfirmed speculation become fact? It has not been confirmed that Reshiram and Zekrom are going to be Dragon-type Pokémon. What do I mean by that? I mean that since the duo are called the "Legendary Dragon Pokemon", there is room for doubt that they will be Dragon-types. Why? Because it sounds like an excerpt from their Pokédex entries (I.e Pidgey is called the "Tiny Bird Pokemon" and the duo are called the "Legendary Dragon Pokemon"). Sure they may look like Dragons and all but so do Charizard, Gyarados and the other non-Dragon-types in the Dragon Egg group. It is not One-Hundred Percent confirmed that they are Dragon-types. Please remove the type listings for them as fan speculation does not equal fact. You could, perhaps put it as Trivia at the bottom of the page, stating that "though it is currently unknown what typing of Reshiram/Zekrom is, it is widely believed to be at least a Primarily Dragon-Type Pokémon." --Mackinz of SoulSilver 21:29, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
Are you planning on coming back? One of our editors scanned most of the ReCoM Ultimania bestiary, and I could really use your help translating the important bits, for one.
If there's a problem, what can I do to fix it?KrytenKoro 09:05, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- The Kingdom Hearts Wiki has decided to perform a staff reorganization. We would like to move any retired editors off of the list of active staff. This does not entail a revoking of your staff powers - if you ever decide to come back, you can pick up right where you left off. We would like to know whether or not you would like to officially retire, to make space for newer active staff. If you would like to keep your seat, please reply to this message. If you decide not to reply, or reply with agreement, we will move your entry to a list of "Retired Staff", so that editors will not be confused when reading the staff list.KrytenKoro 04:21, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
The hierarchy of 'correct' translation
First and foremost is the official release of that specific card. When that doesn't exist (Unreleased cards) the game is the most correct. If that doesn't exist, anytime that specific move appeared in the TCG is then used. Lastly, other than that, we translate it ourselves. Now, every rule has an exception, and this rule's exception is when Confusion causes paralysis (otherwise known as Psyshock) This has been decided as the most correct way. If you have any questions or concerns, bring it up with the Project Leader. MaverickNate 13:50, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
I'm not entirely sure why you're changing the romanizations, or what was wrong with the ones we had before, but it would be great if you could just leave them alone for now. These sorts of things usually require discussion. Umeko is in charge of our romanizations and she'll be around tomorrow to fix up anything that needs it.
Cheers. —darklordtrom 06:57, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
- We have to discuss changing "Sekka Wetlands" to "Moor of Sekka" now?—Urutapu 01:09, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
- We had already standardized all the romanizations for moves and abilities. You have to bring it up by discussion in order to change them. That is what trom was talking about. Umeko worked tirelessly romanizing each name, and you have to bring them up to her if you wish to change them MaverickNate 20:59, 28 March 2011 (UTC)
Excuse me, How do you redirect a page? I noticed that Dark Type doesn't redirect to Dark (Type), and this seems like it could easily be a search query that someone might commonly look up with the intention of reaching the latter of the two. User: Damionic|||User Talk: Damionic 22:46 (UTC) June 17 2011