From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
A Sneak Peek at Pokémon is the name of an English-language promotional video issued in limited quantities prior to the debut of the Pokémon franchise in the United States.
The video was basically a "teaser" for many elements of the franchise, most notably the anime. In addition to anime footage, the video also included live-action footage of exclusive characters said to be "friends and family" of the anime's main cast.
Due to the limited quantities, many people did not know the promotional video existed until it was leaked into two parts on YouTube and other video streaming sites, followed by people promoting it online.
- Hillary (Ash's aunt)
- Trey (Ash's cousin)
- Troy (Ash's cousin)
- Mr. Carlson (Ash's science teacher)
- Amy (Misty's best friend)
- Does not include those shown only in Pokérap segments or Pokémon Theme clips or depicted in promotional materials.
The following recorded exclusive dialogue for this video:
The Poké Ball misspelling
- An exclusive alternate cut of Pokémon (Dance Mix) as well as an alternate clip of the Pokérap are featured in the video.
- The video also contains a clip from Battle Aboard the St. Anne with a script created exclusively for promotional purposes. The alternate script is dubbed using James's original voice, who had been recast by the time the episode the clip was taken from aired with the normal script.
- Pokémon Theme plays prior to the end credits.
- "Poké Ball" is misspelled as "Pokéball" on the chalkboard.
- Cards from the Japanese version of the Pokémon Trading Card Game are seen in the video.
- Hillary's plug for the Pokémon Pikachu virtual pet referred to the device using its Japanese name, "Pocket Pikachu".
- Hillary's breaking of the fourth wall asking viewers to "look at the video's mailing label for the Pokémon TV showtime and station" refers to the fact that the Pokémon anime would debut in first-run syndication.
- While the Pokérap uses the final names of the Pokémon, featured in-game footage shows Pidgey using its original English name, Pidge.
The promotional video's transcript