- This article is about the small handheld virtual pet. For the core series game known as "Pokémon: Special Pikachu Edition", see Pokémon Yellow Version.
It was succeeded by the Pokémon Pikachu 2 GS.
The unit is strapped onto a belt and used as a pedometer. Every 20 steps the unit registers give the user 1 watt, which is a currency that can be used to gamble or buy Pikachu presents.
As Pikachu's friendship goes up (similar to the system in Pokémon Yellow), more activities are available. If neglected, however, Pikachu will become angry and will not respond to anything the user does.
Pikachu will also do activities based on time. When turning on the device soon before 8:00 pm, Pikachu may be taking a shower, brushing its teeth, or getting into bed; Pikachu will also eat occasionally. Shaking the device during eating or sleeping will make Pikachu angry, and its friendship will drop.
Pikachu has four levels of friendship:
- Pikachu doesn't like the player
- Pikachu is neutral towards the player (default)
- Pikachu likes the player
- Pikachu loves the player
It has various functions as a pedometer, present-giver, and a slot machine where Watts can be gambled.
The device has a yellow case. It seems to resemble a Game Boy's controls and has a monochrome screen.
- The Pokémon Pikachu also appears as an item in Animal Crossing, though it is only a quest item, and the player cannot interact with it.
- The Pokémon Pikachu is a treasure in Wario Land 3.
- Nintendo - Pocket Pikachu
- Game Informer - Prepare for the Pokemon Invasion!!!
- Nintendo of America - TAKE A WALK ON THE POKÉMON SIDE WITH POKÉMON PIKACHU™
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|
|This article is part of Project Sidegames, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Sidegames.|