From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Yellow (Japanese: 第二章 イエロー編 The Second Chapter: Yellow) is the second chapter of the Pokémon Adventures manga and it consists of four volumes with fifty rounds.
This chapter features the journeys of Yellow through Kanto trying to find Red after a beaten-up Pikachu (Red's) ends up at the doorstep at Oak's Lab. In the meantime of finding Red, Yellow gets attacked by the members of the Elite Four and their quest to make an all-Pokémon world.
In VIZ Media's first translation of Pokémon Adventures, this chapter is known as "Yellow Caballero".
- Main article: List of Pokémon Adventures monthly issues#Yellow chapter
Beginning in September 1999, VIZ Media released the Red, Green & Blue chapter and the Yellow chapter as a series of monthly comic books, preceding their collected volume releases of the manga. In total, 22 monthly single issues were released of the Yellow chapter.
In other languages
Beginning in June 2014, European French publisher Kurokawa began releasing the Red, Green & Blue chapter and the Yellow chapter together as a series of three omnibus volumes. While the Red, Green & Blue chapter and the Yellow chapter had been previously released in France by publisher Glénat, these volumes feature a new translation. Kurokawa's omnibus volumes contain all the adventure route maps from the original Japanese volumes, but lack the character introduction pages from the beginning of the volumes.
- Main article: List of rounds in the second chapter of Pokémon Adventures
- Main article: Timeline of events in the second chapter of Pokémon Adventures
The following Pokémon are obtained:
The following Pokémon evolve:
Yellow does not defeat any Gym Leaders.
- This chapter is technically the only arc of Pokémon Adventures not named after a main series game, as the corresponding game was known as Pocket Monsters Pikachu in Japan. Despite this, the game is called Pokémon Yellow Version in every other country.
- This is the only chapter released before it's corresponding game. The first chapter was serialized in May 1998, while Pokémon Yellow Version came out in September of that year.