Hidenori Kusaka (Japanese: 日下秀憲 Kusaka Hidenori, born May 18, 1970 in Tokyo) is a manga author best known for writing the Pokémon Adventures series. He has also authored two Pokémon Ranger manga and several "walkthrough comics".
Hidenori Kusaka became successful with the Pokémon Adventures manga about the time it was released. Unlike The Electric Tale of Pikachu, there have been few alterations to the artwork to bring it to Western audiences. It is one of the most widely known and translated Pokémon manga series worldwide.
In 2016, Kusaka and Yamamoto were both awarded the Comic-Con International's Inkpot Award. Later that year, they were also awarded the Mejor Kodoma Manga award in the XXII Salón del Manga de Barcelona.
Pokémon manga by Hidenori Kusaka
- Pokémon Adventures (1997-present)
- Pokémon Colosseum: Scenario Mode Walkthrough Comic (2004, appeared in Netkun Grade 3 magazine)
- Pokémon Colosseum: Fastest Walkthrough Comic (2004, appeared in Netkun Grade 4 magazine)
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness: Dark Lugia Special Comic (2005, appeared in Netkun Grade 4 magazine)
- Pokémon Ranger the Comic: Double Mission
- Darkrai Mission Story: Pokémon Ranger Vatonage - the Comic
- Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (Emiko Yoshino short manga)
- Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Special Capture Comic!
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|