User talk:Zhen Lin/Archive 2
- Somebody forced the issue. I'm too lazy to split up 150KB of talk, in any case. - 振霖T 04:20, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Please block Ph34r4ever or Optimus 35 whatever his name is.
He still keeps on insulting me, and they are getting worse.
On Taviources talk page I said that alternate sprites wouldn't hurt the server and he then posted.
"Idiot. This is a personal attack and I'm not afraid to say it, but motherfucker, you're going down."
- He is messing up my talk page with all that inappropriate language. Moldy orange claims that Sailor Earth has been annoying. And I disagree. Sailor Earth has been a good and loyal friends to all. Moldy Orange just doesn't see it.--Taviource 19:14, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Next time you are on...
Hi! I guess you have a script or MySQL query doing these statistics. Would be really nice if you could give PokéWiki that script, then we would not have to do this statistic manually ebery month :-) thanks in advance, [Greets, (TALK)] 12:46, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
I tried to create an acount on the Archives, but my I.P. address (188.8.131.52) is blocked by you for being a LayeredTech network. Can you clarify what this means and let me know if I'll be able to create an account there? Thanks! ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 02:15, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- 1. You don't need to create separate accounts anymore - just log in with your Bulbapedia account. (Check your global account status at Special:Mergeaccount first.) 2. That's not your IP address, it should be fixed now. - 振霖T 03:23, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
You must be getting sick of hearing about the userspace but I have an idea, so can you tell me if it's plausible because I don't really understand what clogs the server.
If you were to only allow people to have 2 user pages, 1 to do all the introducing and describe themselves and 1 for a fanfic, and deleted all the missions, gyms, requests for trades and other nonsense would that free up a lot of space?
Then could you set a limit on the number of times you can edit like the total you are allowed to make in a day is 3, and those 3 have to be shared between the 2 pages, would that free up stuff on the server.
And I read somewhere about limiting the edits and someone raised the point of not being able to limit it, well instead of doing it mechanically just tell people not to go over 3 and if they do reprimand them. Thankyou for your time. Guardian of Earth 17:45, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- Or you could take your fan fic to fanfiction.net, missions can go, gyms now have there own separate site thing, and trades can be delted once done.Emperor's Cookies 17:47, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- I always found missions to be kind of a burden. Some of them have 10+ pages. But at least a site for the gyms got made, that helps alot. And you should take your fan fictions to the Bulbagarden Library. From there, a link on your userpage or a link in your signature might get people to read. Porygon-Z 17:49, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
Ok then, if you were to just have the 2nd page as anything you want, or not have the 2nd page at all, and then have 3 edits for the 1 description user page and if they over step 3 on a day (even if it is to fix spelling) reprimand them. Guardian of Earth 17:53, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- it's called Myspace Sailor Earth.Boywonder01 18:16, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
What the hell are you on about Myspace for Boywonder??? Loads of people and internet wikis have pages where the User can describe themsleves, you are not just limited to Myspace so it should be you getting with the program as you seem to have missed all the users who have description user pages. Guardian of Earth 21:13, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- I say that because most of the new and old users including myself before the ban used their userpage and talk page like a myspace profile. I'm not saying a little description wouldn't hurt, but how many users do you think would abide by that rule? You should only have to edit your userpage ONCE and that's when you first get here. Plus there's already a place for fanfics that users post on the userspaces. BTW I'm done saying my opinion on this because to be honest, it's giving me a headache.Boywonder01 21:39, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
Dude, Sailor Earth has been causing plenty of trouble. First the 'Good friend' incident, followed by the riot. Now he's onto harassing Kengi-girl. He is either stubborn or out to irritate us. Please, make a decision before I get myself a second block. (Which reminds me, change my name to Optimatum, instead of Ph34r4ever) It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links11:38 20 Jun 2008
- I am unable to rename your account because it has been migrated to the unified login system. I could disunify it, I suppose, but that takes work. - 振霖T 15:39, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
Um, uh oh.
- It's not just you. I'm getting a <google>WIKI</google> as well where the ads should be on my Internet Explorer 6. --Shiningpikablu252 22:06, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
- Its working on Safari.Emperor's Cookies 00:46, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
Help me, Zhen!
I was banned on Bulbagarden Forums FOR NO REASON. The ban will never be lifted, according to the message. --Maxim 10:11, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
Is it okay if I get a new account and leave Sailor Earth behind, I just feel that on here people are so quick to attack me because it seems to get them points and become more respected if they are against me, so with a new account people wouldn't hold this against me, because they wouldn't know which user I was. I would be able to have a fresh start without every single one of my edits being removed because they are by Sailor Earth. Guardian of Earth 11:15, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
I started by trying to make Bulbapedia better by getting a petition together to make it democratic, but that turned loads against me saying we should stay by the rules and it got labelled a rebellion.
I accepted it and when I helped Sketchies remove the non-BP content, I got labelled a hypocrite, people on here are so quick to jump to conclusions.
- Why do you ask? If you wanted to do this you should do it without telling anyone. - 振霖T 11:34, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
If I did it without getting your permission I'd get banned wouldn't I because some would jump to conclusions and say sock-puppet bu you seem to understand, plus no-one will know who I am unless an admin looks at the Ip's unlikely and tells other users.
- 1. (ike you said) As long you don't do the same mistakes
- 2. This conversation....
- --Force Fire 12:04, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
??????????????????????????? I'm confused????? This conversation will let people know that I am starting a new account but they won't know what my new name will be. - unsigned comment from Sailor Earth (talk • contribs)
- Indeed that is true, But it'll take a Great GENIUS to figure out your new account... --Force Fire 12:09, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
Bug in the system
I think I found a bug with I clicked on a "differences in revision" link for the The Rise of Darkrai page on the recent changes section. The link is: . ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 15:23, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- There may have been some damage to the database due to yesterday's crash. Expect more missing revisions, articles, etc. - 振霖T 15:26, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
This user is a pain in the neck when it comes to the TCG expansion Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky. Sunain claims that the name is blatantly wrong simply because Pokébeach (who came up with "Night Dashing", a blatantly wrong translation for Dawn Dash) uses it. Sunain insists that "Fierce Fighting in Broken Space" is the only name we should use for that set. However, there is absolutely no evidence that "Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky" is blatantly wrong (look at the similarities between IFDS and FFBS), yet Sunain ignores this and an edit war ensued on both the set page and on Template:TCG Expansions.
I brought in an expert in Japanese set name translations who cleared up the whole "Moon Hunting/Night Dashing" issue. This expert believes "IFDS" is not blatantly wrong, additionally citing that the one who coined the JPN DP4 names is not the same person who coined IFDS. Sunain ignored this and continued to insist IFDS is blatantly wrong.
I then protect the IFDS page from page moves. Didn't stop Sunain. I even put the FFBS name as an aside. This still did not stop Sunain. This left me no choice but to fully protect the IFDS page and the TCG expansion template until the expected release of the 11th movie in America (the set in question is themed toward that movie, and there's no guarantee that this set will be treated like Secret Wonders was in America).
This leaves me no choice. You're the only one who can help settle this matter once and for all. What is your take on this whole situation? --Shiningpikablu252 21:27, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
Well, it seems kinda small right now, like the Italian one, but I'd say if they both get a bit of growing in, they certainly should be considered.
SilliestHat is, obviously, a Sightless sockpuppet, who was, himself, a Lovely sockpuppet. I doubt he'll do anything for now, but you may as well block him. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 02:33, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Aww, man. I dislike sockpuppets. ♪♪Shiny Pachirisu :) ♪♪ 02:36, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
If you're wondering about the edit I made to the e-mail blacklist, it was done in a desperation move in an attempt to stop a persistent vandal wave by users who used the e-mail domain I put on the blacklist. If you feel that domain shouldn't stay blacklisted forever, feel free to remove it from the blacklist whenever you feel it's safe to do so. --Shiningpikablu252 04:31, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Subject of two Topic Sections Above
Please add to this list as this person hasn't had a last appearance yet.
- Lovely Blocked
- Sightless Blocked
- SilliestHat Blocked
- Just Desserts Blocked
- Ev erythin gWillBeOka y Blocked
- 184.108.40.206 Blocked
- 220.127.116.11 Blocked
- 18.104.22.168 Blocked
- 22.214.171.124 Blocked
- 126.96.36.199 Blocked
- 188.8.131.52 Blocked
- 184.108.40.206 Blocked
- 220.127.116.11 Blocked
- 18.104.22.168 Blocked
- 22.214.171.124 Blocked
- 126.96.36.199 Blocked
- @mint.us.to Blocked
- This person seems to never give up, He also wishes that this website would allow "anonymous editing" which is editing without creating an account nor verifying that account via email address. This option is completely out of the question and is the reason this website is not filled with fandom, fiction, vandalism, and many other negative things. This person claims to grant us a "grace period" to allow us to ponder over his demands and to concede to them. He/She also claims that he/she is more obsessive than any of us and claims that this person will do anything for the freedom of his people. That appears to be his single and only motive. (Though that is totally out of the question and can very well ruin this website.)~Pokemaniac102 04:56, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Do you need any help with the pages?--CoolPikachu! 09:20, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'm try to move pages but I get this message:
"Error: could not submit form Using the form below will rename a page, moving all of its history to the new name. The old title will become a redirect page to the new title. Links to the old page title will not be changed; be sure to check for double or broken redirects. You are responsible for making sure that links continue to point where they are supposed to go. Note that the page will not be moved if there is already a page at the new title, unless it is empty or a redirect and has no past edit history. This means that you can rename a page back to where it was just renamed from if you make a mistake, and you cannot overwrite an existing page. WARNING! This can be a drastic and unexpected change for a popular page; please be sure you understand the consequences of this before proceeding. Source and destination titles are the same; can't move a page over itself." Can you help me?--CoolPikachu! 09:54, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
There are currently over 300 articles that still link to Pokémon Ranger Batonnage after the move to Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. Could Bulbabot sort this? --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 14:59, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
It could, but I'd have to write a program specifically for that sole purpose, not to mention it would require quite a bit of logic to figure out how exactly to replace the links. It would be better if a human did it, methinks. - 振霖T 15:01, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- All done! It took a little time, but they have all been changed. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 00:20, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
I'm trying to rollback the vandalized pages
But it keeps saying that the one vandal is the only author of the page. What's the trick? I'll do whatever it takes.
And btw, the thing I was doing was based on a workaround by Urutapu. Now I'll have to get another way to do this. Toastypk 16:29, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Editing
Ive seen people mention on the forums, some coding admins can put on users to stop them editing the whole talk page and only being able to edit sections.
I am trying to change the table on the top of my talk page but cant as it wont let me go into edit page, even clicking on the edit button on your page I had to click the "add new section" tab instead of being able to do it manually, I was wondering if this was something the admins had done as i used to talk on talk pages too much. Guardian of Earth 18:06, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
In fact ive just checked and its any page. If I click edit this page on any page in the main space or templates it says im not allowed.
Ok, Im going to start a new account, as i cant even archive as you have to be able to edit the whole page. However on trying to get a new account there is no create account button and it says on the forums it was removed while the vandal attacked. Well can you put it back now. PLEASE Guardian of Earth 10:01, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- Account creations have been disabled due to the rash of vandal attacks that have happened recently. They should be brought back in the near future. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 15:32, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- I don't seem to be having his problem. I'm adding this comment while editing the whole page. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 23:38, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- Does it give you like an error message or something? What exactly does it do? --☆ケンジガール 23:54, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
"Internet Explorer was unable to open this page, as the site is currently unavailable or may be experiencing Server problems" But my cousins account on this same computer can edit them no trouble, so it must be my account. And I havent touched the preferences for ages so its not something ive done. Guardian of Earth 11:02, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds like a glitch in the server. It could've been brought about because of the move. You may not be the only one this is happening to. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 15:06, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
My cousin can edit fine on this very computer on her account but not on mine. So can someone undo the lock on registering just long enough for me to get a new account and then lock it again. Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 16:58, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think that just anyone can do that, and your computer has nothing to do with Bulbapedia's servers. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 17:05, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- And sorry dude, but your not important enough to have bulbapedia registration unlocked so you can make a new accountDCM
PS: can you please the babel part from my talk to my page?
- I still don't see the need for it. Is there a template where this is required? - 振霖T 11:28, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Sorry to bug you but I've waited more than a day and I still haven't got the reply for my PM I sent you in Bulbagarden Forums. Did you forget to reply it, or didn't feel like? But please, don't ignore this. It is a very serious problem. I don't force you to solve it now, if you can't solve it at all, just tell me, because no replying is what I hate the most. So, please reply. But not here, I don't want to reveal this to public. --Maxim 16:38, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- Ignorance is bliss. --Maxim 19:21, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
Editing Main Page "Did You Know"
Are regular users allowed to edit the Did You Know thing on main page? Because the Ditto Paradox thing I put on the Ditto page seems like a worthy candidate. I just wanted to ask you first (didn't want to get banned on my first day editing) but if you think it's good then you can do it. TorchicBlaziken 00:18, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- It used to be something users could edit, but vandalism forces us to protect the page. - 振霖T 00:23, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Everytime this server is changed something happens to my account.
If I click my talk, it comes up that i have followed and old link and the page doesnt exist there anymore. Also my userpage looks fine till you go into edit it and it comes up with the same message, can you help me. Thankyou for your time. Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 12:43, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
"The database did not find the text of a page that it should have found, named "User talk:Guardian".
This is usually caused by following an outdated diff or history link to a page that has been deleted.
If this is not the case, you may have found a bug in the software. Please report this to an administrator, making note of the URL."
- Both pages are completely missing from the database. There is no revision history at all, and trying to track down the text would be too much trouble. - 振霖T 13:03, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
My userpage, several templates, my user talk archive pages and the lists of Nintendo Events from 2003-2008 and the 10th Anniversary events are all gone. I really worked hard on the last 2 too. tc26 13:09, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- There appears to have been some kind of fault during the move. I'm not sure why revision histories are going missing. I will check whether these pages are still present on the old server. - 振霖T 13:12, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Possible to change name?
I recently found out that it is possible to synchronise accounts on more than one wiki, but that you have to have the same username on all of them. Since the username I have on Wikipedia and related sites is not the one I have here, could my username be changed? My normal username is Anthrcer. Flicky1991 17:58, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, but not in the current version of MediaWiki. It should be possible after the next upgrade. But there's no point: single sign-on doesn't work between Wikipedia and Bulbapedia. - 振霖T 18:01, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
Antoher User that wanted a name change
- HA! I was just about to add a new section to ask, and I saw this. Yes, if it's okay, I'd like my name changed to Cipher. Will this also change my account name over on the Archives? Double Dash 10:48, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
If possible i would like to change my username to DCM. Its easier to typeDCM
- Thank you very much.You are a kindred soulYour Friendly Neighborhood Cookie Monster
- Glitch.i can still sign in and edit as Darth Cookie MonsterDarth Cookie Monster
Can you change my account name to BlackFire? Porygon-man 19:24, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- We need a reasonGood Day;DCM
One more name change request...
If possible, I would like to change my usernames in both the Archives and here to Diby because of the following reasons:-
- As you are aware, my username at the Archives is "Dibbophet" and here is "Misty-may-dawn rulz". I think I should be having an uniform username in both the sites.
- Both the other names are long and "Diby" would be easier to type.
Your fellow admins and other editors are starting to become unadmin like and disruptive
On PAK man's talk page they're talking aobut me behind my back http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User_talk:PAK_Man#You_know...
On TTEchidna's talk page http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User_talk:TTEchidna#Moldy.2C_psychic_rider_andTakoto they continue it after i had left and Travis continues to be disruptive and disrespectful saying things like "Yami Takashi just doesn't know when to be quiet...I gave up on him hours ago...--☆Tavisource 05:54, 6 September 2008 (UTC)" After your block warning.
Kenji-Girl keeps reverting my edits left and right with no reason.Yami 22:34, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
Seriously Moldy Orange and TTEchidna are getting on my nerves, and they're pretty much stalking me and jumping into my conversations with others. Yami 19:56, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
Moldy also seems to be bent on undoing my edits, and The user Mootie even had to step in and tell him that both he and Kenji Girl were being unfair and we both believe them to be holding a grudge and misused their powers on that situation. Now Moldy is undoing my edits like to the Porygon family body types. He isn't even sure if they're taken from the games yet he undo them. I changed Porygon and Porygon2 to body type 5 and Porygon Z to type 9 to fit them better. Moldy is also becoming trollish making remarks about me not putting a capital P every time and that is just uncalled for and it seems he's trying to infuriate me to get me uncivil and into edit wars and disputes to force my blocking. You or someone needs to step in and stop these admins. Yami 20:11, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- It's not behind you back. You're free to read it and reply, which you did. Porygon-Z 20:18, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
Its behind the back and even talking about someone in front of their face in that manner is uncivil and unadmin like and disrespectful. Plus those users coming together against one person can generate conflicts of interests in the future. Yami 20:21, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- I think the whole situation is getting out of hand, and i see both sides at fault in places. I've seen Yami make some disrespectful and insulting comments on Talk Pages, such as on Magnedeths page, "Fuck You" however i also feel the admins didnt handle this in the best of ways possible.
Yami needs to learn that the admins have a duty to Bulbapedia, to enforce its rules and high quality standards, but the admins could be a bit less head-on with their responses and it doesnt need 4 of them against 1 new user. Just adding my two cents to the situation, sorry if it wasnt my place to. I just think a compromise could be reached. Jen The Ren 23:06, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
I know a admins job, but they were not doing their job. I posted "Fuck you" on their pages in retaliation of their vandalizing and harassment. Yami 23:18, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Woah! Vandalism? When did we ever do that? I think you were the one who was CLOSER to that. Why don't you just drop the topic please.--☆Tavisource 23:21, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
HEY YAMI GIRL. Everyone who you are insulting has been here much longer than you have, and seriously shut the hell up. They all understand what they're doing. Even I, though not an admin, been here since Aug.07 and I've created less of a fuss than you have. If they revert your edits, that means there's a reason why you shouldn't be doing it.~Pokemaniac102 23:28, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yami, we all love you, but you can't go around disobeying rules. Why don't you settle yourself a bit and think it over...we'll all appreciate that. Thanks--☆Tavisource 23:43, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Yes Tavisource is right~Pokemaniac102 23:48, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
I hate him. I wanna toss him to the pedophiles~Pokemaniac102 23:52, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Where's that? Why make it so complicated, why not just jack his money and throw it into Bulbapedia's donations.--☆Tavisource 23:56, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- A pedophile is...nvm you may be too young to know what one is~Pokemaniac102 00:07, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
TTE vandalized my talk page or more accurate my user page which i call the talk page.
I'm a guy, and This is about admins carrying grudges on or just trying to be disruptive.
Also your comments are not appropriate and counter productive. Yami 00:25, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Oh please, TTE woundn't get banned even if he begged to He's been here 2 years without vandalism~Pokemaniac102 00:27, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
TTE did vandalize my user page by editing it with slowpoke and mankey with this user don't get it and is uncivil which is uncalled for. Mean while everyone else just start taunting me about it and all Like Magnadeth. Yami 00:32, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
- Blocked for three days. (it's a rather lenient ban, but I don't think the vandal was trying to be purely disruptive.) -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 22:56, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello, I was informed here that you were the go-to guy for username changes. Since I am new at Bulbapedia (but have been editing Wikipedia for a couple of years), I'm not sure yet how everything works around here, but I would like to get a different username if possible. My first choice would be to usurp User:Pikachu, but it has four edits. They are from over two years ago, so I'm hoping that usurpation is possible. If that is impossible, can I usurp User:Charizard? This one has no edits (I can't check on deleted edits since I'm not an admin, so I don't know if that account has any). Please let me know if either of these usurpations are possible. Thanks. Blastoise 21:24, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
User group rights
Since as far as I can tell, you're the only one with the ability to change Special pages, would you mind removing "Upload files" from the list of things regular users can do, since file uploads are now disabled on this wiki? Thanks. --ニョロトノ666 22:19, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
Sorry to have to bug you like this, but since I obviously can't edit pages in the Special namespace, is it possible to get the link on Special:Statistics that says "job queue" to point to "http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Job_queue"? Where that link points to now displays a message saying that the page has been moved to mediawiki.org, and the link I just gave you is where the page was moved to. Is it possible to get that link fixed? Thanks. --Shiningpikablu252 22:42, 21 September 2008 (UTC)