Umm... I think this and
Shore Cave are the exact same thing, but we've got the names mixed up. I don't know how to fix this, so, uh, yeah... help? Manga-in-a-bottle
If anyone can confirm, I'll merge the two pages by killing this one. evkl 05:32, 12 December 2005 (CST)
On my English Sapphire, the location in Hoenn is Shoal Cave. Moved.
- So does anyone know for sure if there is actually a Shore cave, or not? MoldyOrange 14:26, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think there's a "Shore Cave," but there definitely is a Shoal Cave. Evkl, don't kill this page! It really is a place in the Hoenn region =) And Orange, I checked my LeafGreen map... It seems likely that there is a place called the "Shore Cave," but's not in Kanto or the Sevii Islands! Possibly... Johto? And it doesn't seem like there is an existing page called the "Shore Cave." --XxXcharmanderXxX 09:15, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
Has anyone tried saving at a point in the cave when the cave isn't flooded, shutting off, then started the game when the cave should be flooded? Would it result in a glitch where you are stuck in water, do you start surfing or doesn't the flood come at all? User:TheNikkoMan
- The flood doesn't come at all, but if you reenter the cave, it will become flooded. Pkmn Trainer Jinx 18:39, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
Shoal Salt and Shells?
"...Shoal Cave is the only place where Shoal Salts and Shoal Shells can be found in any game."
I do believe that with the release of the games Black and White, the statement above is no longer true as you can obtain both daily from a Treasure Hunter on Route 13 in Isshu/Unova. Anyone care to edit it? Yourlilemogirl 10:29, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
Is there a way to have the table display depending on the user's time zone and not just GMT? I'm sure users outside the GMT time zone may be confused if they see the arrow pointing to the hour that is incorrect for them. Berrenta (talk) 16:35, 30 December 2014 (UTC)
- I say the arrow is useless. Get rid of it. We can't put it in for all users without having 10 or 15 different switches, and that would make it clunky and confusing. The best suggestion would be a table under the bar that lists the current time in various time zones followed by the type of tide (low, high) at the time of loading the page (which may or may not match the system time, as well). Having a single arrow, I agree, is completely misleading; it's better to get users figure it out themselves because it's only accurate for parts of England. CycloneGU (talk) 17:10, 30 December 2014 (UTC)
When exactly do the Shoal Salt and Shoal Shells regenerate? The article seems to imply that they only reappear after crafting a Shell Bell, but I don't believe this is true from my experience. I currently have 2 Shoal Salt and 2 Shoal Shells in my Bag in Emerald (I sent the others to Gen IV), yet I can still find Shoal Shells. (Unfortunately, my battery is dead, so I can't check exactly when the items regenerate.) In-game, the old man seems to imply that the items reappear daily, but it's possible they appear with every tide change. Worth noting that this could differ between RSE and ORAS too. --SnorlaxMonster 03:59, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- Would an old (Japanese) man lie to you? In RS, Shoal items will regenerate each day, after talking to the old man. (As that seemed a little weird, I confirmed it on a cartridge with a dead battery: at the same location, I found one Shell before, another after talking to him.) This is the most relevant source code, in combination with this, this, this, this, and (for example) this. (Haven't checked ORAS, but I guess I could test if you can't!?) Nescientist (talk) 15:42, 20 July 2017 (UTC)