Check the Bulbagarden home page for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in the Bulbagarden Discord server.
Shouldn't we change this to Jessie's Lickitung? -Dawnfan47
You mean Benny's Lickitung? No. Benny is a character of the day, and Bulbapedia does not create articles about Pokémon belonging to characters of the day. If we had one for Benny, then we'd have one for Kay's Raichu, or Samurai's Metapod, or even Bucky's Dunsparce. --PAK Man Talk 22:40, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
Regarding traded Pokemon
"Lickitung was the first Pokémon belonging to a main character to be permanently traded. Coincidentally, the second permanently-traded Pokémon is also of the Normal-type and receives an evolution in Generation IV, Aipom."
Uh, so James's Victreebel doesn't count?
It was released soon after it was traded so I guess it doesn't count as a permanently traded Pokemon. Farfetch'd 19:22, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
Looking at the history, I see quite a few moves that were quickly reverted. Should this article be protected against moves? --Baby G (talk to me) (see my edits) 20:31, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Trivia on Growlie's page: "Growlie is the only one of James's Pokémon which isn't Poison, Grass, or Psychic-type."
If this is notable, then should it be noted that Lickitung is the only one of Jessie's Pokémon which isn't Poison, Bug, or Psychic-type?--Burgundy 01:17, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Growlie is noatable because James has more than one poison, grass and psychic, putting this on here would mean we could put the same on Wobbo's saying he is not a normal type Diamond Lanturn CodeName: 05308 01:20, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Woobat's also psychic--Burgundy 01:42, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- I realised that last night, I soppose it is valid Trivia then, although you'd have to mention it is not Flying Diamond Lanturn CodeName: 05308 11:27, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Woobat's also psychic--Burgundy 01:42, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
I oppose it greatly. Nobody considers this Benny's Lickitung just like nobody considers Ash's Larvitar "Larvitar (anime)". --ケンジのガール 06:24, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- It was traded from Jessie to Benny therefore it is Benny's Lickitung. Keeping the page as Jessie's Lickitung is just incorrect and is false information given by the wiki. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 07:48, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- Hahahahah I love the cut and paste conversation on each page. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 10:28, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
I oppose this move. A pokemon that was owned by a main character for an extended period of time should not be moved to a character of the day, even though that's where they are now. JDDJS 18:33, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
Well Sabrina's Haunter is under her name, even though she only appeared in two episodes. (Even though I don't agree with the name.) So why can't Benny have Lickitung under his name? He only appeared a bit less than Sabrina, and we need to be consistent, we can't have any page inconsistent. Also, some Gym Leaders have appeared in two episodes, like Sabrina, but their Pokémon do not get their own article, which I also don't think is fair, but that's another can of worms. Satoshi101 02:43, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- The difference between Lickitung and Haunter is that Haunter has gotten something accomplished with Sabrina (changing her view on life), while Lickitung did no such thing for Benny. :--SuperAipom7 (Need me?) 02:46, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
Um..just making Sabrina laugh doesn't exactly count (he's a Joker, after all), but Lickitung fufilled Benny's desire to train a different type. Lickitung is also different because it's official, while Haunter just befriended Sabrina. I think it really is the time to make titles consistent with one another. Satoshi101 03:00, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
And remember, Haunter also led Ash into getting the Marsh Badge. (If it weren't for him, Sabrina would have not have surrendered.) Satoshi101 03:00, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- How much longer do we have to discuss this? Jessie's the main character and had it the longest, people won't search Benny's Lickitung it'd just confuse them. Majority of the people think it's just fine at this page already. This is starting to turn counter-productive :/ --Pokemaster97 03:04, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah. Without objection, I end this conversation with the desicion that the page's current name will stay. :--SuperAipom7 (Need me?) 03:06, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
Well, people won't search Sabrina's Haunter! They will search Ash's Haunter. Satoshi101 03:13, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Will you drop Sabrina's Haunter already? I'm sorry that the majority voted against it but you have to get over it already. Jessie had officially captured Lickitung and owned it for over 100 episodes. You can't compare them. --ケンジのガール 03:52, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
I have the right to mention past examples, it's not like they're banned. Satoshi101 03:54, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- It is very hard to compare the two, though. :--SuperAipom7 (Need me?) 03:57, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
I'm just saying that we need to be consistent, in other words, balanced with the other article ownerships that have changed. Satoshi101 04:19, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- I will just say that whilst Satoshi makes good points, and yes I believe Sabrina's Haunter decision was grossly inconsistent and will lead to more of these, the others have a stronger argument. If Benny were to reappear then things would be different, but you cannot rename an article after a character of the day over someone who had it for ninety-four episodes. Sorry Satoshi, but I oppose. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 22:32, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
Since in the anime, Generation I ties with Generation II then it should be normal for Lickitung to know the move. Also, Ho-Oh was a sign that the generation will be extended, so no one can say that the generation extension would have only be considered near the end of the series. Therefore knowing the move before G2 is not trivia material.----DJWolfy 22:45, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
- Huh? Ho-oh was a sign of Generation II, but that doesn't mean it was Generation II in EP001.--ForceFire 02:04, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- Well it was revealed on EP052 that it knows Lick and both the episode and the Generation were released in the same year.----DJWolfy 07:45, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
I went through all of the episodes Lickitung appeared in and there was no sign of it using Lick, nor any command of it was announced. In fact, a majority of the episodes was where Team Rocket made some word puns regarding its long tongue being used to lick things (not the move). It's safe to say that Lickitung did not use Lick at all including the episode of EP052. PattyMan 04:28, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
Should it be noted somewhere that Lickitung's eyebrows changed from white to dark pink? Danny199 (talk) 13:43, 6 March 2016 (UTC)
About Lickitung's "Lick"
I know I was already explained that Lickitung didn't use Lick, but shouldn't it be added for the Anime move errors page the part when Lickitung not supposed to use Lick until Generation II?--CoolPokéGuy (Talk) 14:50, 6 March 2016 (UTC)