- Much like Charizard isn't really "in training", unless "in training" means scoring with Charla. TTEchidna 03:14, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
I wish Squirtle would hurry up and evolve, it would be so much better if Ash had a Blastoise.
- Not going to happen. For one, how would it lead the Squirtle Squad if it evolved? Trust me, if the leader of Team Wartortle evolved, it would be shipped over to Team Blastoise. Additionally, if Ash were to have a Blastoise, Gary's novelty would quickly wear thin. --Shiningpikablu252 17:09, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
First of all, who got rid of the Ash's Squirtle sprite? That was not right! Second, I have an alliterative, better name for "Team Blastoise". How about the "Blastoise Brigade"?--KukiTalk 19:48, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- I have changed the sprite. The glasses was incorrect. I made an alternate version but have trouble uploading it. It is better to put the DP sprite in instead of that messed up sprite.Taviource 19:51, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
EDIT: And I had been discussing it with Shiningpikablu252, but he just seemed to disapear...hmmm?...Taviource 20:01, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Why are you guys discussing this here and not on the Ash page (the one actually using the sprite)? - Cassius335 13:22, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
if the squirtle squad are possibly all male would Ash's Squirtle be a male too?Lindsayoris15 03:07, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
- No... There is no fact that the Squirtle Squad are male or female and neither is there for Ash's Squirtle.~Pokemaniac102 03:11, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Ash did not release squirtle as ash can call upon it anytime. Hes just leaving it with the squirtle squad, like how charizard is the the charcific valley and bulbasaur is at oaks. Happizelpom 07:40, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
Also the trivia part that says Squirtle is, like Lapras, a water type Ash no longer owns should be edited, as Squirtle is still Ash's Luord 03:47, 12 April 2010 (UTC)
I know Squirtle has never outright used the move surf but the move page indicates that it has. As I realize that Ash has used him for water transportation multiple times I can understand why someone might put that BUT this is still an inconsistancy between pages and I'm not sure which one should be changed... -- D558 01:41, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Gender confirmed in EP017 Japanese version
Squirtle's gender was confirmed in the Japanese version. I was watching EP017 and, reading the subtitles for Pokémon talk, I saw that Bulbasaur and Squirtle both refer to themself as おれ ore, which is a male-only pronoun meaning "I". It's the same one used by Ash and Brock in the Japanese version. So maybe that's reference to Squirtle and Bulbasaur's gender. --Netto-kun Talk • Contribs 17:18, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
- Does using ore mean anything? Anabel uses "boku" which is male and she's a girl. Harley uses the feminine "atashi". --ケンジのガール 05:42, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- I'm rewriting it as gender neutral. Although おれ is generally used by males, it isn't exclusively. At the top of Ash's Charizard's talk page we have a notice that clearly states the wiki's view on the issue: "Please don't post about Charizard's gender being unknown. It's very annoying. Our policy is that the gender stays unknown until someone in the anime calls it a male or female." Since it has not been outright stated, Charizard's gender is still "unknown". --Jda95 10:08, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
My friend said that Squritle would evolve in Best Wishes.Any confirmation?Skarm 06:41, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
- No. Your friend was either lying or had bad info. Ataro 06:50, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
The only one of Ash's Pokemon to Have a Job?
Ok...forgive me if I am wrong. I saw on the trivia that Squirtle is the only one of Ash's Pokemon to have a job. What about Bulbasaur? Bulbasaur is an ambassador. Would that count as a job? --Pokemon26 (talk) 20:37, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
Bubble or Bubble Beam?
I think Squirtle did use Bubble in the English dub and it used that move when it returned for the Silver Conference. But I'm not sure if it did Bubble Beam in the Japanese Version. It's hard to tell.--JasonL 16:48, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
Ash's Squirtle is not on training
Squirtle was last seen stealing a pizza with his Squad and living in the sewers in Pokemon Chronicles and he didn't appear with the rest of Ash's Pokemon in the last episode of BW where he called all his Pokemon and had time with them before going to Kalos. It's most likely he was disbanded by Officer Jenny with his squad and Ash was no longer in need for him after he joined the firefighting team.
In any case, Unlike Charizard, Charicific Valley is a location to train Charizard. Squirtle's firefighting job isn't technically a training since he is neither improving himself for Pokemon battles or isn't gaining experience like, for example May's Bulbasaur when she was put at Oak's to be trained by Ash's and evolving to Venusaur.