(Japanese: ソード＆シールド「最強の剣と盾」② Sword & Shield - The Ultimate Sword and Shield 2) is the fourteenth chapter of the Pokémon Journeys: The Series manga. It is based on the anime episodes Sword and Shield: "From Here to Eternatus!" and Sword and Shield... The Legends Awaken!.
|This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- Ash, Goh, and Sonia learn the identities of Zacian and Zamazenta.
- Eternatus emerges from the Energy Plant core, starting the Darkest Day.
- Goh travels to Slumbering Weald and obtains the Rusted Sword and Rusted Shield.
- Ash and Goh battle Rose and Oleana and win.
- Ash's Riolu and Goh's Raboot evolve into Lucario and Cinderace, respectively.
- Eternatus turns into its Eternamax form.
- Ash and Goh defeat Eternatus with Zacian and Zamazenta's help, allowing Goh to catch Eternatus and end the Darkest Day.
- Zacian (Crowned Sword)
- Zamazenta (Crowned Shield)
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Riolu (Ash's; evolves)
- Lucario (Ash's; newly evolved)
- Raboot (Goh's; evolves)
- Cinderace (Goh's; newly evolved)
- Eternatus (Goh's; Eternamax; new)
- Charizard (Leon's)
- Copperajah (Rose's)
- Milotic (Oleana's)
- Garbodor (Oleana's subordinate's; Gigantamax)
- Zacian (anime; Hero of Many Battles and Crowned Sword)
- Zamazenta (anime; Hero of Many Battles and Crowned Shield)
Differences between the anime and the manga
- Team Rocket, Raihan, and Professor Magnolia's appearances are omitted.
- Ash and Goh battle Rose and Oleana together rather than separately. Ash and Rose only use Lucario and Copperajah to battle each other.
- Leon's battle with Eternatus happens off-panel.
- Eternatus is never shown being sealed away.
- Sonia is never shown becoming a Pokémon Professor.
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|