Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
User talk:Shiningpikablu252/Archive 100709-10710
| This page contains material that may not be suitable for young readers.|
Viewer discretion is advised.
Talk page archives: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Talk pages for Robot Chicken skit guides: Pokémon Bloopers Pikachu Secret
The goal of Encyclopaediae Pokémonis is to be just as international as Pokémon itself, and helping aspiring Pokémon wikis in languages we don't yet have is a great way to help achieve that goal. However, if we don't even know who the possible aspirers for Encyclopaediae Pokémonis's ninth language even are, there's no way any growth can take place. If you speak or understand a language that's currently not represented in Encyclopaediae Pokémonis and happen to find a wiki in that language with aspirations to join Encyclopaediae Pokémonis, then don't hesitate to drop me a line. Remember, an aspirier can't grow if they remain sheltered from the world!
If you understand Brazilian Portuguese, or know someone who does, then the Portuguese arm of Encyclopaediae Pokémonis is in desperate need of your assistance. Many, if not all, of that wiki's articles are in dire need of improvement, be it massive cleanup or even adding some real content to begin with. Their sysops are never around to handle things, and their interwiki bot has done nothing since late September--of 2008. The fact that a trusted member of Encyclopaediae Pokémonis has fallen into such disrepair is disturbing, to say the least. Brazilians do not deserve quality this low. If you can help improve the Portuguese end, then I highly recommend you do so. Today.
| This is a talk page archive.
It contains old discussions of topics relating to the user. Please do not add or remove any content from it.
- 1 Template:MS
- 2 Namba
- 3 Editing?
- 4 Golbat
- 5 Fucksia city is full of....
- 6 okay... I don't understand...
- 7 Giva Dam
- 8 ???
- 9 Protection
- 10 TCG
- 11 Edit summaries
- 12 Adventures rounds
- 13 Thanks for the Routes and something more...
- 14 About Kris
- 15 Drilled
- 16 Lol
- 17 Kanta, Kako and Tapp
- 18 redirect
- 19 Edit summaries... Again.
- 20 Thanks
- 21 About the China article
- 22 Pokémon Chronicles theme
- 23 Could you answer please?
- 24 Pokemon DP 161 - REVEALED
- 25 DP160
- 26 recent ban
- 27 Regarding the Italian Wiki
- 28 Heads up
- 29 Closed Captionings for Chronicles
- 30 Lol.
To link to a Pokémon article, the "(Pokémon)" part is required. —darklordtrom 23:34, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- Eh, I was under the assumption that that bit would be automatically added (back) to the template later (and quite possibly a few switch statements), given its nature...--Shiningpikablu252 03:00, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
Heyy, um when are we going to be able to edit the Pokemon pages again? Littlmiget123 18:25, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- The current protections in place are set to expire in mid-November.
- The reason the pages are currently locked to begin with is because of a wayward iPhone application that links to Bulbapedia's servers to display information, for a small fee of $1.99 and not even attributing Bulbapedia as the data source within the application. The fee and lack of attribution are, according to our license, big no-nos. I'd reveal how Bulbapedia is taking the fight to the app, but doing so would leave Bulbapedia open to a counterfight. --Shiningpikablu252 20:06, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
Whoops. Is there any way I can have an exclamation in there without it being part of the link? And how do I make it so my signature has '--' for example like it does with yours, without it being part of the link to my userpage? Derian 18:13, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
- About the exclaimation point: 'Fraid not, unless you copy-paste the tag code, eliminate the category, and customize the tag.
- About the leading signature dashes: I always click the button in the editing toolbar to add my signature. That button automatically adds the leading dashes before the four tildes (~~~~); the four tildes alone does not include the leading dashes. --Shiningpikablu252 18:17, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, that's a shame. Thanks! --Derian 18:19, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
Fucksia city is full of....
- These things happen on occasion. --Shiningpikablu252 21:30, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
okay... I don't understand...
How come we can't fix the placement of Beyond the Sea in Template:PokéWalker? It should not be listed in with the Sinnoh Courses, it's confusing people. (Yaminokame 22:43, 22 October 2009 (UTC))
- It's protected to try to avoid minor translation disagreements escalating into flat-out warring. Leaving the template open might encourage both move wars and edit warring on the template, both over very minor differences in translation. In addition, having the template protected lessens the chance of gun-jumpers trying to work their "magic" using fake or unconfirmed English names.
- Furthermore, how is listing Beyond the Sea under Sinnoh "confusing"? As far as I can tell, there's no way it should be confusing anyone with more than half a brain cell (and that half a brain cell isn't out shopping). Unless the game data itself contradicts serebii.net's listing, regardless of who discovers such a contradiction if one exists, there's really no reason to change a course's country classification in the template.
- And even if there was a valid reason for changing a course's country classification, trying to take matters into your own hands by cloning the navigation template, including the alterations you're trying to get done to the original into the clone, and changing all inclusions of the original to the clone is most definitely the wrong action. The only thing that such vigilante activity achieves is wasting time and server resources, since even if the sysop on duty at the time were to agree with you, there would have still been a mess of reverts. Trying to contact sysops to begin with would have been a better course of action.
- Nonetheless, if other sysops, for some odd reason, agree with you, you would have been better off asking them directly instead of trying to take matters into your own hands. You would have been surprised at the results. --Shiningpikablu252 02:42, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
- I don't see how a copy and paste job from serebii.net is acceptable... (especially when he has it right-click locked to prevent people from doing so). Serebii's list is wrong in other places, how come you need to take everything written on that page as dire fact. It also only takes one brain cell to figure out that if grouped, Beyond the Sea was not meant to be in with Sinnoh once you see what is available in it and more importantly when... The official website lists it as a special course, so we should do it here as well. For your information, Serebii.net also says that "Cold Mountainpath" and "Big Forest" courses are both unlocked at 40,000 watts, which is blatantly inaccurate. Point being, he has mistakes and you should not post stuff that he says unless you know yourself that they are true. Leaving it the way it is gives the impression that that you can't unlock it until you get the course before it, which is not the least bit true. (Yaminokame 03:14, 23 October 2009 (UTC))
My secret document (which I got indirectly from PUSA) also spells the place name like that. I think that's the official spelling. --Maxim 14:45, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
I have a quick question. Every time I try to go to my watchlist, it says database error. Is this because of the maintenance bulbapedia will be doing? Can you give your response in my talk page so i can get it? i wont be able to see it otherwise? Littlmiget123 21:40, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- Trust me, I'm not the one you should be asking about this. --Shiningpikablu252 02:22, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- Twas sorted, anyway. —darklordtrom 02:24, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- Name them all. Can't drop a judgment without names...
- As for Gallade, I actually see that it never actually got hit in the initial drops. Rectifying that now...--Shiningpikablu252 16:11, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- Alright, correction. I'm just seeing more pop up... I'll check the locked list. The same thing happened with Scyther... it's fixed though. I'll keep searching. Exploud's owner appears every time I try to edit any of the ones that aren't locked, yet TheGreatYellow can... ht14 16:15, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- Sceptile is fully locked... ht14 16:18, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
Could you just... Stop with the remarks when it comes to the external links? They're getting exceptionally annoying, and they're definitely not suitable things to be saying... Kay, - Kogoro | Talk to me - 18:09, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- Plus, ummm... dude, I'm pretty sure the games are not translated in Brazil at all. They play the games in English. Even if I'm wrong, they're simply not translating any names. So what? --electAbuzzzz 18:11, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- It's all just a little harmless fun. I'm not actually offending anybody with these edit summaries, so what's it matter to anyone? Besides, the edit summaries in the end mean absolutely nothing...--Shiningpikablu252 04:45, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the Routes and something more...
- The first one is about Brock's Croagunk. Since the Routes 201 and 202 were showed with signs in the anime, I'm pretty sure that Croagunk was caught at Route 202. Am I right?
- The other one is about Paul's Magmortar. I've added the a suggestion of its capturing in Sinnoh to its info tab and explanation to the Trivia part. Do you agree with what I've written?
- And the final question (at least for now) is about Jessie's Lickitung's capture location. It was captured in and unnamed town, but could it be prossible that this town was around some Route or at some Route?
Please send me your answers asap if possible. :) --FinnishPokéFan92 13:48, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Croagunk: Would have to be Route 202. We were already beyond Sandgem at that point.
- Magmortar: Yeah, I agree. Its purpose was pretty much to replace Chimchar as Paul's Fire-type, so it probably was caught within Paul's home country of Sinnoh.
- Lickitung: Unfortunately, it's difficult to trace the exact course the anime took between the Fuchsia and Cinnabar Gyms. Simply put, it could have quite literally been anywhere in the country of Kanto, aside from probably Seafoam since there wasn't much seafaring until the episode where the gang arrived at Cinnabar. The fact that Lickitung's capture episode was reordered on both sides of the Pacific is a moot point in this case, since about the only thing the reordering didn't mess with is the between-badge timeframes (the pre-seizure episode schedule suggestions, the episode's timeframe, the actual Japanese airdate for the episode, and even the episode's reordered place in the dub all put it between Fuchsia and Cinnabar).
--Shiningpikablu252 15:35, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Then it's good that I put Lickitung's capture location to be "A town in Kanto". Thanks. And now more help, please: do you know what Dawn's Cyndaquil's hatching location was? --FinnishPokéFan92 14:17, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
- I just re-added the trivia, but changed to say she made a cameo. CuboneKing 03:46, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
- Your best bet would be to connect an N64 to a DVD recorder, record the credits sequence to the DVD, then play the video in something you can capture footage with, grab a still of the Kris shot, crop the image down so only the Kris icon remains, then save the Kris icon as a ".png" file and upload it.
- Barring that, you could use a video capture card on the PC and get a screen capture that way.
- Unfortunately, if you have access to neither, the next best method would involve something illegal, and since the walls have eyes...(And just for the record, no, that something illegal is NOT Youtube.) --Shiningpikablu252 04:11, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
i find your warning to Magikarp123193 to be a bit, hmmmm, excessive. the kid did wrong, yes, but you posted about three paragraphs worth of text, when all you had to do was say "dont do that" and for apart of it, you went off on a tangent about Dawn's Piplup (???) which was completely off-topic. warnings like that dont teach people lessons, it drives them away. yea, i saw the backlash they gave you, and the block was fine, but three paragraphs?? -- MAGNEDETH 19:26, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
Why would English versions disprove that? You're wishing for something that won't happen. --Maxim 17:35, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
Kanta, Kako and Tapp
Something like that - Kanta and Kako - "the kids who Ash & Dawn battled with early in the film", Tapp "Damos's prison guard". Also, the minimal plan is learning Kanta's and Kako's name. Tapp, having a non-Japanese name in the original, will probably keep his name. The only problem is whether it's spelt with one or two 'p's. --Maxim 10:45, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds like a plan. Let all of your flooders know and we're set. --Shiningpikablu252 12:48, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
- A better course of action would have been to look at what linked to that position, then make a minor edit to the page in question to rid the misspelling (provided all instances haven't already been disposed of already; there are sysops that make such rounds). Citing the right thing in the edit summary would let the edit pass not only with the user in question, but also with the sysops.
- Now, if the misspelling were a bit more common, which I don't think it was in that case, I probably would have allowed the redirect to stand...--Shiningpikablu252 16:57, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
Edit summaries... Again.
Kay, honestly SP252. This is your final warning to stop with edit summaries like this. These comments are rude, and are inappropriate for a staff member to say anywhere on Bulbapedia. Especially when the games are not translated in Brazil, they get the English games just like we do. So, your comments aren't just rude, they're also incorrect.
So, here's the deal. If you don't stop with the extremely rude edit summaries, we'll be forced to put you into a probationary period without your administrator & checkuser power. Please, do not force us to take these actions against you. - Kogoro | Talk to me - 00:16, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
I made that talk page comment a few days back or something, and i forgot they go on the bottom. Oops. Thanks for fixing that for me :) CherryParanoia 03:26, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
About the China article
If this article needs special attention, so nothing happens, should we take it off the list and have it on hold or something. B/c this article, like you said, need to be analyzed. I did not know this one would need so much attention. Or we can create the page and protect it? And certain users can edit it?--Midnight Blue 02:14, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
Question about this page that you once created... It claims "This theme aired as an opening only with the American televised airings of Pokémon Chronicles. The Toonami Jetstream and European airings instead used the opening theme based on Pokérap GS." Now, I'm not an American, but the only theme I've ever seen (or managed to find on the internet) is the one based on the Pokérap GS. What theme is this article refering to? Could you provide a link or something? --electAbuzzzz 23:16, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
- That's the song you're looking for. The American theme for Pokémon Chronicles from episode 2 onward as presented on Cartoon Network. However, that particular upload crops off the top and bottom to fill an entire widescreen viewing window. Not really the best move, provided the sequence includes shots in both 16:9 and 4:3...
- If you want to see the sequence in its original 4:3, look at this video and skip to around 7:39, it fades into the tune in question. (You're not missing anything from the fade effect that can't be fixed by looking at the other video; the first shot of the sequence is a letterboxed shot.)
- I hope these responses answer any inquiries you have about this matter. --Shiningpikablu252 02:35, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
Could you answer please?
I've tried to ask you for answering my new question at the above. Could you please do it? --FinnishPokéFan92 17:54, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Trying to browbeat someone for an answer will only make that person more likely to ignore you. You may have been better off trying to ask someone else after a few tries instead of continuing to browbeat me for a reply. --Shiningpikablu252 18:03, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
Pokemon DP 161 - REVEALED
Hey buddy, i just want to inform you that DP161's title is revealed. I tried to create it myself, but you have protected it. So, kindly unprotect it or you create it yourself. It is confirmed by Tsukan Television Magazine and TV Fan Magazine.
- Tsukan Television Magazine (月刊テレビジョン) revealed this title " ポケモンコンテスト！アサツキ大会!! / Pokemon Contest! Asatsuki Tournament!!.
- & TV Fan Magazine revealed this title " 開幕！アサツキ大会!! /Open! Asatsuki Tournament!!". I just wanted to inform you. --♫♪Adyniz♪♫ 15:26, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, no can do without a confirmed airdate. Last I checked, the preceding episode had neither a confirmed title nor a confirmed airdate.
- Additionally, a span of three episodes up to DP162 were protected due to an alleged title for DP159 not holding for that epicode under the Bulbapedia system. The protections were in case the alleged title was indeed real, but for a different epicode under the Bulbapedia system; the protection swath was three episodes based on the previous blog leak patterns for what's DP110 and DP116 under the Bulbapedia system plus the presence of another clip show.
- Oh, and one more thing: If the alleged titles you're reporting don't pan out for DP161 under the Bulbapedia system, I won't hesitate to protect up to DP164 for the same reasons above. --Shiningpikablu252 15:57, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hey buddy, sorry to post it here. Can you please add the new header of DP157? I tried but it is protected. You can find the link of the image in the description page of DP157. Thank you. --♫♪Adyniz♪♫ 16:35, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Where? And don't say 2chan leaking a "DP161" title; that's what started this mess. If it's not a reliable source, either directly or indirectly, then we can't use it. And if it is from a reliable source, the experts'll catch on in a rather short timeframe and reflect everything properly.
- Besides, I never explicitly revealed expecting DP160 to be the Pokéthlon episode. In fact, given prior leak patterns, of the episodes between the revealed DP159 and the next episodes in the researched pattern, DP160 was the only one that I expected not to be the Pokéthlon episode--if it were indeed real, I suspected DP161 or DP162, not DP160. --Shiningpikablu252 16:53, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
I didn't use DP161 as confirmation for the Pokéthlon being DP160. The titles for both DP160 and DP161 were revealed and I was just stating that DP161 was also revealed but I couldn't find an airdate. --HoennMaster 18:55, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Well, you are right but pocketmonster can make a mistake too, just like they said that DP159 will be Pokéthlon episode but it wasn't. There are two titles and we don't know that which one is 160 and which one is 161. --♫♪Adyniz♪♫ 05:32, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
- And please sign using four tildes (~~~~). 02:14, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
Regarding the Italian Wiki
Please keep me up to date on how they're going. I see they're over 1000 articles now, though I haven't had the chance to check personally how they're going on filling those out. --Archaic 00:59, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Well, there are some who can do that task better than I can, but from what I've seen on their ongoing move article project, many of the pages are emerging detailed to begin with. For example, concerning Poison Jab, the looks appear that the is more detailed and more complete than the German and Japanese articles and better-looking than the Portuguese article, and most decidely better than that mess on the Polish end (I should note that, if the Spanish end had an article, the interwiki link in question would not show up properly on the Portuguese and Polish ends, since those ends still haven't programmed interwiki linking to the Spanish end; an example of such a result can be see on the Portuguese article on Toxic). It's probably most comparable to the article we've got over here on the English side--about the only thing on Poison Jab that we've got that the Italians don't is anime appearance listings.
- And it's not just moves that I see professionalism upon. Let's take an ability, Ice Body. The is again quite comparable to our English article, and around the same level of detail compared to the German, French, and Japanese articles. The Italian article is also most decidely better that what they've got on the Portuguese end, and it's quite sad really because what's currently on the Portuguese end now will probably end up passing as acceptable for quite some time due to the Portuguese end basically being a ghost town (in addition to the Portuguese end not interwiking to Spanish right, they also haven't even updated their listing for the Polish end's current webdomain).
- Although my verdict alone doesn't (and shouldn't) carry the whole weight, I'd say the Italian aspirer's looking pretty good. If we can only get a few more favorable verdicts, they'd probably be a good candidate on shedding that "aspirier" title. --Shiningpikablu252 02:12, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
Just so you know just a few minutes ago I just noticed that the summary from AG132 may be a direct copyright violation since it's plot summary seemed to match at different points with the one at Serebii.net. Could you take a look at this. -Tyler53841 18:47, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Looks stolen to me. --Shiningpikablu252 18:59, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Took care of it.-Tyler53841 19:46, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
Closed Captionings for Chronicles
Just telling you that Finnish game translations don't exist. --Maxim 17:26, 7 January 2010 (UTC)