Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
User talk:GlinnMgraw/Archive 1
| This is a talk page archive.
It contains old discussions of topics relating to the user. Please do not add or remove any content from it.
I just don't see the point of changing the spelling from one to the other. Ah well.
Well, we have members from all over!. Brazil, Russia, U.S.A. Malaysia, you name it. We once had a case where one of the members here spelled pajamas as pyjamas. Obviusly, that was not her fault, since that how they spell it where she lives. --Theryguy512 12:26, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
Yeah. I'm an Aussie, and it looked really odd. Like colour and color, I guess.
Ah, thats how you do it. GlinnMgraw 12:27, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- If you want to make a different signature like mine or Theryguy512's, Tina will help you in this page. Netto-kun Talk 12:32, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
Alright, thanks! GlinnMgraw 12:35, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
Nah, I like them how they are. Glinn 12:47, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
If you're Australian, I think you can use this:
|This user comes from Australia.|
Thankyou. Glinn 06:32, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
Here it is! Sorry it took so long!
- Like, I'd bet I could make a more widely used Template. I mean, Samrulz123, Pichu lover and I are using that one. I think the Gym Leader one should be more useful. If not, then ignore this.
It's good enough for now. However, I haven't actually seen that many, so if you want to show your wares, go ahead.
I actually had that before I had my current template. Glinn 09:40, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
You just left yourself open to a pot-shot from Jemar, but anyways... Glinn 09:51, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
- That's what I was planning to do...
User:TinaTheKirlia/Team2/Header |User:TinaTheKirlia/Team2/Pokémon |User:TinaTheKirlia/Team2/Pokémon |User:TinaTheKirlia/Team2/Pokémon |User:TinaTheKirlia/Team2/Pokémon |User:TinaTheKirlia/Team2/Pokémon |User:TinaTheKirlia/Team2/Pokémon |}
In other news, A Clefable that looks like a Gengar?! Glinn 10:12, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
Looks quite good, actually. Glinn 10:13, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
Whew...:D Optimatum♏Talk|♊Hi 10:14, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
I was removing the Dutch and Portuguese translations because they aren't official. Pokémon games are only translated in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish (actually some of them also in Korean) so they are probably fan-made. I removed them also from List of moves in other languages. As regards the dutch names, the user who added them eventually admitted to have translated them directly from English (look at the talk page of [User:Rothma|Rothma]] Rothma). ;-) --Siegfried 12:34, 18 December 2007 (UTC)
I see, I see. Glinn 12:35, 18 December 2007 (UTC)
You win a pic. If you don't like the one I'm giving you, ask for another. I uploaded this pic a few days ago. Enjoy.
Typical violence. Glinn 07:41, 23 December 2007 (UTC)
- Okay...how about this one:
Can I use that team template that you have at the bottom of your page?--Ace 16:28, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
Go for it. Glinn 03:21, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
Sorry about blanking my discussion page, but I was preparing to set up a basic template to use, and hadn't got around to it yet. My apologies --The cake is a lie but the cube is forever 03:28, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
That's alright. Glinn 03:31, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
So, is it alright to remove the "welcome" section now? --The cake is a lie but the cube is forever 03:52, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
Just leave it there for future reference. Glinn 03:54, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
Just curious, but did you see the match between India and Australia in Perth? [[User:Jmath|Jmath Talk 18:52, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
Watched it on the TV. Of course. Glinn 09:24, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
- I am not sure. I don't think Pathan has what it takes to be a opener. I think he does much better coming on in the middle of the innings. Jaffer can somewhat handle the opening position. I just feel sad Sreeshanth couldn't play. JmathTalk 12:44, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
I'm glad Sreesanth couldn't play. Acts like too much of an idiot for mine. Pathan is really just there to make a quickfire 25 or so, get them off to a good start, before the middle order can really try and rip apart the Australian bowling attack. Glinn 14:47, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Man, today's match was awesome. Sachin did extremely well at a time when no one expected him to do so. JmathTalk 19:04, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
Agrreed, Sachin did it again. And Kumble and Harbajhan got 50's. Glinn 03:04, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- Wow, bowlers getting 50s!!!!! Australia is really making a comeback in this test. JmathTalk 07:16, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Not that it matters. a) Australia have already won the series and b) Australia had a First Innings lead. Glinn 08:14, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Agree!And Ash can beat Normal if Chimchar evolves.And Dawn can have something like Dusknoir instead for the battle round.-Billy4b2004 14:44, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
Chances are Chimchar will evolve at least to a Monferno, which means Ash's party would be very well rounded. Glinn 14:48, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
No way, I think it would have already been an Infernape in the Sinnoh League final!It would beat Paul's Magmortar(guess) there and let Ash be the Champion to take revenge on him.I don't think it can do this as a Monferno.-Billy4b2004 02:06, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- You forget, Ash's Grovyle was able to do extremely well at the Ever Grande Conference and it evolved to Sceptile in the Battle Frontier saga. JmathTalk 07:14, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
But don't forget, the opponent is PAUL, an extremely powerful opponent, not like the ordinary one!-Billy4b2004 07:23, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Well the other trainers beat Ash, but only Brandon managed to do that of the Brains, so you can't say the conference trainers are ordinary. But yes, Paul is extremely strong. I'd expect Gary to be stronger than Paul, however. Glinn 08:15, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Well, I would say they are strong, and Paul is very strong, and Gary is extremely strong then.:P And Ash beats Gary with Charizard, so he would have to have Infernape to beat Paul.Well, he used not only his Gen II Pokémon to defeat Gary but also his strong Gen I Pokémon like Snorlax and Charizard.And he probably will only use the Gen IV Pokémon except Pikachu like the last time in the Ever Grande Conference. So although Paul is weaker than Gary, Ash's team is also weaker than the one in the Silver Conference!There should be at least two or three fully evolved Pokémon in his team, possibly Infernape, Floatzel and Staraptor.-Billy4b2004 08:52, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
- Yes!-Billy4b2004 09:32, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
About the image replacing...
Where's the link? Glinn 13:33, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
I was fixing up your UnownA, gee. Glinn 00:55, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
01:00, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
Ah, I see what I did, I also changed the Attack Deoxys. Still, no need to act like an idiot about it. Glinn 01:32, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
That makes no sense, so I'll move on. Glinn 02:54, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
The reason being was that I simply searched the edit page for AMS, to get rid of the incorrect UnownA. However, the Deoxys also had AMS, and I accidentely did that as well. Glinn 02:58, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
I easily figured out that you searched for AMS. Of course you did it by accident. you had better. I forgive you. Now let's just act like this never happened and I didn't break my chair during my tirade (the website was slow).PokeManiac102 03:01, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
It was annoying, hey? Everytime you try to go to a page, it took 2 minutes. Glinn 03:05, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
Yes, indeed. Glinn 07:10, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- as an american, i have to obtain it in, unconventional methods...but even with all the anti-american humor (including the episode where they went to america) i still think its one of the best damn shows ive ever seen. i hear they are making a version specifically for you Aussies. MAGNEDETH 00:35, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
Correct, a completely Australian version of the show, with new presenters etc., is being made. Two of my favourite episodes were the America special, and the one with tractors. Glinn 08:13, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
- they are trying to make an American version for us as well, but from the rumors ive heard, i can almost garuntee its going to suck. my favs are the "Cheap Car Challenges". buy a car for X money. its always great seeing one of them getting the absolute worst car. (James May and his Jag XJS "Grandfather Clock") MAGNEDETH 19:43, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
Nah, the American version was cancelled in its very early stage. Glinn 06:54, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
- well yea, THAT version was last year, i read the specs on that and the hosts, and damn im glad it was cancelled. earlier this year they said they might just ship the UK guys back and forth, but figuring it was too demanding, they threw that out the window. but now theyve renewed the idea with US hosts and its extremely possible it may happen. it wont be called Top Gear though, just Gear (i dont know why) MAGNEDETH 22:05, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
Another Australian! Me and my cousin, ZanderX (User:ZanderX) and from Australia too! Sorry, I felt the need to say thatMyLatte 09:12, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
Finally, another one. Glinn 09:13, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
so, whats the delay down there? do they need to add Aussie accents to everything? (i know that natives will argue; "no, YOU have the accent!" but i think you get my point) i know its by no means a worry of mine, but, i have to side with you and agree that its total bull that you guys dont have it, especially if theres almost no difference between an american version and an aussie version. do you have melee? if so, does the melee announcer have an "accent"? MAGNEDETH 04:20, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
There are no changes in the speech. The only change is from NTSC to PAL. PAL has higher quality, but is more expensive to make. Doesn't explain our delay one bit though. We should get it when Europe does, as they are PAL. Glinn 04:23, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- well, given the minor difference, i think its completely unacceptable that you guys not only dont have the game, but dont even have a release date! MAGNEDETH 04:27, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- Nintendo Australia are amazing. They can keep us happy sometimes, yet manage to also screw us over at different times. Glinn 04:29, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Maybe the list is telling you something, hmm? Glinn 01:04, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
I just wanted to thank you for your help on the article I just wrote. I forgot to add the category and template when I made the page, and planned to go change the template itself after I fixed that. But before I could do anything, all the changes had been made. I click on the history for both, and what do I see?
- (diff) (hist) . . Saffron City (stage); 16:11 . . (+16) . . GlinnMgraw (Talk | contribs)
- (diff) (hist) . . Template:Smash Bros.; 16:09 . . (+21) . . GlinnMgraw (Talk | contribs)
- (diff) (hist) . . Saffron City (stage); 16:09 . . (+31) . . GlinnMgraw (Talk | contribs)
Nice work, and thanks again! --Martonimos 01:25, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- That's fine. I thought that I might as well do something, otherise I'd look like a hypoocrite, criticsing people for eidting Userpgaes and then only doing that myself. Plus, I haven't done all that much editing in, what 4 months that I've been here. We're here to edit, and that's what (most) of us do. Glinn 01:29, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- amen. i was going to put somthing similar up myself. this user space karp is rather annoying. i havnt been editing much myself recently (and you know why) but, ive bean it and ill be back, to main space of course. ive gotten lots of prods about my personal pages which im not going to abandon, but, this user stuff is pretty rediculous. i brought it up to TTE not long back (its probibly still on his talk page) the only question i have is, what did (and who is i suppose) Archaic post that was of note? MAGNEDETH 04:27, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
I'M JUST 11!!! I cant make any other stinkin edits! Not yellin at you. Will I ever be able to edit my page again? I was gonna make another account but...
- I am simply speculating, but those two are the only guesses I have. I do not know for sure. Therefore, I can not answer your question. Ask an Admin. Glinn 04:23, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Wait a sec...
I think I know what exactly your getting at (I am smart like that (: ) If I spend my encyclopedian life on the facts and nuthin but it I can get my sovereignty back!
- Perhaps. Of course, SOME chat is good, but that is not the MAIN point of Bulbapedia. BMGf is there for a reason. Glinn 04:34, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Top Gear makes the world go around. Glinn 08:52, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- btw, you have to not put Wobbofett when you post now, its against the rules. i would also suggest adding a link to your talk page.
- on a side note, Jay Leno was asked to host the american Top Gear, but he said no because according to him (and this is to summarize) because hes pretty sure it will suck. -- MAGNEDETH 23:56, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- 'Scuse my language, but this is a $h!t move. It is. The problem has been more the talk pages than the actual Userspaces. All that locking the userpages did was make people edit Talk pages more. Plus it ruins many peoples hard work they put in to so many things. I can understand lcoking, but deleting = going too far. And no images in sigs? Poor form.
- And that can be my second rant. Glinn 07:42, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
- the "deletion" of the user space is probibly a joke, but as for no sig templates or pictures and the like? well, i know none of that is the problem here. but, ive decided to keep my mouth shut before i say somthing that pisses off a "higher power" . (unless i should just say what i want to...) -- MAGNEDETH 23:09, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
- And that can be my second rant. Glinn 07:42, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
- I hope it's a bloody joke. Glinn 07:30, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
I don't get it. If I already know everything in the welcome notice, and I don't particularly want it there, why can't I delete it from my talk page? -Pat 08:54, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
- Well a) it looks stupid having just User talk:Pat and then a blank space, a waste of a page, b) you never know when it could come in handy. Personally I'd like one myself, but it doesn't matter. If you don't want it there, then get the talk page deleted. Don't just have a blank page. Glinn Mgraw 08:59, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
Have you seen the huge team template on his page? Well, all those pokémon and their levels are suppost to go on that, but he can't edit his userspace, so he puts them on his talk page. PL12 13:27, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
- I...see. Glinn Mgraw 13:30, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
Has ANYONE been to English/Literature class?!
Sorry to say but on Dai's page, it needs a comma! 3 words make a list: Glaceon, Torchic, and Darkrai. Makes a list. It's improper to list it like this Dai, Maki and Katsumi. Just saying because I just had the same fiasco with another person. Rpp 16:14, 21 April 2008 (UTC)RPP
- Yes, I saw that conversation, and I appreciate what you say, but generally the ", and" should be used in different circumstances. In my opinion either ", and" can be used, or just "and". It does not matter. And I'll have you know I have quite thorough knowledge of the English language, thank you very much. >_> Glinn Mgraw 01:59, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
I'm sorry bout the CapsLock abuse!--Kuki (w/ a Broken Diamond) 14:08, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- By a stroke of luck, I've been ill over the past few days, and I haven't been going anywhere. Glinn Mgraw 10:22, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, I took a Maths test and a Computing test by UNSW, but not the Science one. Glinn Mgraw 13:04, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Darn it. My school made the entire P6 level take ALL 4 TESTS. F---! Posted by the OptimatumTalk|Links13:05 4 May 2008