Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
- 1 Preview
- 2 Generation I
- 3 Gen III add on
- 4 ThunderBolt
- 5 More requests
- 6 Shadow Rush
- 7 Do they HAVE to be png?
- 8 DPPt
- 9 Battrio
- 10 Attack Descriptions
- 11 Line break
- 12 PMD and Stadium games.
- 13 This template fails
- 14 RS change
- 15 Pokémon Stadium
- 16 Smash Bros?
- 17 Separate DP and DPPt lines
- 18 Second XY parameter
- 19 Gen VI screenshot size
|Generation I||Generation II||Generation III||Generation IV||Generation V|
|RGB||RBY|| Generation I
| Generation I
|Generation II|| Generation II
| Generation II
|RSE|| Generation III
| Generation III
|DPPt|| Generation IV
| Generation IV
|Generation V|| Generation V
| Generation V
|Stadium||Stadium 2||Colosseum||XD||Battle Revolution|| Battle Revolution
|Battrio||PMD: Red and Blue||PMD: Time, Darkness, Sky||Rumble||Rumble Blast|
Is there a reason it is being left off?--Derenol232 15:17, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
Gen III add on
- The same applies for the Generation II images. PattyMan 02:12, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
Does it includes the split for Generation I ThunderBolt?As I know, flashes in its animation are faster in Japanese than in other language versions, as you can see here... Marked +-+-+ 11:42, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
Can someone edit the template so that Colosseum and XD can be options, this will be needed for Shadow Rush once the archives are unlocked. XVuvuzela2010X 20:06, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
- Anyone? I'd do it myself, but the template is protected. Also, would it be possible remove the size limit of the images so that they animate in the template (instead of resizing a ton of images)? XVuvuzela2010X 11:20, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
- I've made the edits in my sandbox, including the removal of the file size limit, and XVuvuzela2010X 13:11, 10 September 2011 (UTC) . So can someone and replace the existing code on this page?
Do they HAVE to be png?
I was going to add the Generation III Splash gif to the Splash page, but it seems that the template is designed to only work with png images. Also, is there any reason all the Generation II images are of Smeargle, even for stuff like Splash where it would be easier to just get a Magikarp? - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 15:15, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
- The Gen II images are all Smeargle because when I was getting them we had none, and it was quicker and easier to just hack a Smeargle's moves than it was to get a Pokémon which is able to learn each move and then do that. If I remember right, it took me most of my two week break when I did them as it was. You're more than welcome to replace them with other Pokémon.
- When I originally coded the images in the template, I had the extension included in the parameter for gens III-IV because some where gifs, etc. That's since been changed to match the earlier generations apparently. Werdnae (talk) 02:38, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
- That was coded in there as the template was being built. Use the parameter "HGSS" for the HGSS one and the normal Gen IV label will change to "DPPt". Werdnae (talk) 03:14, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
Something like this?
|N/A||Used only if all PP are exhausted.|| Used only if all PP are gone. Also hurts the user a little.RSE
An attack that is used only if there is no PP. It also hurts the user.FRLG
|An attack that is used in desperation only if the user has no PP. It also hurts the user slightly.|
|Generation I||Generation II||Generation III||Generation IV|
- I don't like it. The need to use sup for RSE/FRLG looks bad, and the fact that descriptions will need to be repeated/span two images for some generations where the move has multiple animations. Also, I don't like having "N/A" under Gen I. I do feel a bit biased, but I greatly prefer my layout. This is like listing Pokédex entries under the Pokémon's sprites. --SnorlaxMonster 13:40, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
PMD and Stadium games.
I've just checked Absorb in Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky, and I can't find a difference between these generations, be it animation or sound effects. It seems to be the same for Stadium. What to do in such cases? Marked +-+-+ 21:49, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- I've added a general PMD parameter. Stadium I'm not sure how to set up, so I guess just getting one for Stadium and one for Stadium 2 will do. --SnorlaxMonster 09:19, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- Currently uploading just for one of the Stadium, the one that which has move (ie. eg. Razor Wind from Stadium, but Faint Attack from Stadium 2, since it doesn't exist in the original Stadium). The PMD... the summary of images seems slightly odd when compared to template - the animation is the same, but technically it's only one of the generations, either 3rd or 4th... while the file is used in generic field, for both generations of PMD. Marked +-+-+ 08:14, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
This template fails
There are some moves that have a different animation in D/P than in Platinum. Also, these moves keep the altered Platinum animation for HG/SS, but there isn't any exception made for them. Examples are Razor Leaf and Spacial Rend. hfc2X 04:57, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
Should parameters for the Super Smash series, including the upcoming one(s), be added to this template? The only major problem I can find with this addition is that some of the pictures are in .jpg format, but this can be changed by including the file format in the "SSB", "SSBM", "SSBB", "SSBU", and "SSB3D" parameters. - Chosen of Mana 20:01, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
- Moves in the SSB series aren't used in the same way. I think the way they are included now is fine. --SnorlaxMonster 11:23, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
Separate DP and DPPt lines
I know that the genIV line has DP and DPPt built in when PtHGSS and HGSS codes are used, but the current code requires the split to happen within the same code block. If a separate DP / DPPt option was included, it would allow for them to be used on different code blocks, without the need for a PtHGSS or HGSS line to be present. Jdthebud (talk) 19:16, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
Second XY parameter
Would it be necessary to add a second XY parameter, something like XY2, to the template as many of the move images are split in two instead of being animated into one? Both of the images are on the same row instead of having to type in a separate Movegen template. Hydro Cannon has the example with the separate Movegen template. PattyMan 23:23, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
Gen VI screenshot size
Can the parameters related to 3DS games and spinoffs be edited to resize the images to 300px? This will keep the images from taking too much space, and make it consistent with how Gen VI move images are typically displayed. - Chosen of Mana 14:47, 24 April 2015 (UTC)