Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
- 1 Most resistances
- 2 Japanese pronunciation
- 3 Capture Dialga
- 4 Unique levels to be found at.
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Catch Rate?
- 7 Origin
- 8 Browser entry?
- 9 Anime section
- 10 Dragon duo typing and appearance
- 11 Based on "Amphicoelias" fragillimus?
- 12 Name
- 13 Moves
- 14 Pokedex Entry
- 15 This bit of trivia
- 16 Additional Trivia
Hmm, Dialga does not have the most resistances, the Magnemite and its evolutions do, with one immunity and twelve resistances, two of them being doubly strong, albeit having more weaknesses. I'll make a change.
Why do you people believe it's japanese name is "Dialga" when it's really Diaruga? Unsigned comment by IDeoxys
- Same thing. Dialga is the romanized version.--ElectAbuzzzz 19:38, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
- Diaruga is how it's pronounced, but the official Nintendo romanization is Dialga. --TTEchidna 23:45, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
- Remember that ル is how Japanese people write "l" and "ru"; despite the fact that they are limited in writing, they pronounce "l" - just with an accent. Kanjo 13:24, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- Dialga and Palkia are the easiest legendaries to catch. I caught my Dialga in the first turn with a Quick Ball. --FabuVinny T-C-S 12:43, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- Are you kidding me?? All I had to do is change the clock to make it "night" and I caught Palkia with a Dusk Ball. Never waste your Master Ball on something like Dialga or Palkia. Dialgarules 22:17, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
It's funny, cuz everyone wastes their master ball on him, when you should use it on Regigigas, or Cresselia. LordKaien 20:22, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
- I still have my masterball, I caught palkia with a pokeball (no lie, he was asleep with no health left)C is for Cookie 20:29, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
Anybody know that Dialga and Palkia have the same catch rate as a Chatot? Uxie Legend 13:16, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
I caught mine with a normal Pokéball while he was at half health and he kept on resisting my ultra balls no status problems or anything.
Unique levels to be found at.
This was recently removed from the trivia section on this page: "* Dialga and Palkia are the only two legends who's levels are not a multiple of 10. Meaning, you meet all other legends at levels 30,40,50 and so on, but those two you meet at Lv. 47." It was removed because Kyogre and Groudon are both found at level 45. My question then is, couldn't we just change the 10 to a 5 in that quote and keep it on the page? --Ozzie 21:39, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well, if the trivia item was spelled that wrong, what with "who's" instead of the correct "whose" and a "you" or two in there, I can see why it was removed. It's an interesting bit of trivia, though, that D and P are the only legends met at a level that isn't an even multiple of 5. TTEchidna 06:17, 13 May 2008 (UTC)
- In platinum, Giratina will be found at level 47 aswell Kanjo 13:32, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- I decided to put up the aforementioned fact about Dialga and Palkia's levels. I put it like this:
- I changed First to onlyDCM
- I disagree with that. Like Kanjo said, Giratina will be at 47 in Platinum. SharKing 22:37, 24 August 2008 (UTC)SharKing
Here it says that Celebi can control the time, but Celebi just can TRAVEL in the time. Dialga is the only pokemon that can control the time (unless Arceus also can) --Nick. 21:27, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- The only way to be able to travel through time is to control it...• 21:30, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
should we mention the fact that dialga becomes primal dialga when it loses control over time in Pokémon time explorers in the trivia?--Nobody777 14:34, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
It says it the Trivia Section that Palkia, Dialga, and Phione, are the legendary that has the highest catch rate. But what about Shaymin? It has a catch rate of 45! Palkia38 03:43, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Well, its weird that Giratina is harder to catch than Dialga or Palkia. Weirder still, there are still other weak pokémon that is harder to catch. DragonTamer
It was easier for me to catch Giratina in my game than Dialga. --Pokemonfreak 12:12, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kan-Laon is a deity of time in the Philippine mythology. And yourname, Bakunawa is a Philippine dragon that was said to swallow the moon! Dude, are you a Filipino? Looks like I've found a friend! Me a Filipino too! Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!^_^Palkia38 09:29, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
How is its browser entry currently unknown? Surely someone can extract it, plus Palkia and Shaymin's entries, from the game's data? Y'know, like what's done to find out base stats? I would be glad to do this, if I knew how. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 12:55, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
Why don't wee just make Dialga (anime) and Palkia (anime) to the main sections of the anijme versions of Dialga and Palkia? it is impossible to have multiple creators and rulers of time and space, aswell as mutliple multiple creators of the universe. Pokémon Lover King Mario 09:21, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
- Not if they are the lords of ALL time, space, and the universe. They travel the dimensions, because they created them. You might think of alternate realities/parallell dimensions, but they created those too. And basically, you're also saying we should delete the Giratina page too because he was in one movie. R.A. Hunter Blade 22:39, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
- Uhm, I think you might have misunderstood me a bit. I said that it only can be one creator each of time and space. Therefore, their situation is different from legendaries like Articuno or Heatran, as they basically have no function anywhere close to that. Sure, Heatran created Stark Mountain... but if it's more Heatrans in the anime, anyone of them can do so. Unlike Arceus, which it only can be one of - after all, he was the ORIGINAL One and created the friggin universe. According to the Sinnoh myths, which is canon in addition to official as they WAS WRITTEN by Game Freak, Arceus only made one creator and ruler of time, and only one creator of space - Dialga and Palkia. And no, I have never said that we should delete Giratina (anime) because of that ridicouls reason - we having someting in the rules called notability requirements, which Giratina (anime) that Giratina and most other articles about movie Pokémon fits perfectly. Pokémon Lover King Mario 18:33, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
Dragon duo typing and appearance
this may be speculation but
wouldnt it make sense to put in the trivia section that Palkia and dialga's typing corresponds with the gem they have?
hard diamond has a steel hard master of time while smooth Pearl has water type considering pearls come from water
also I've noticed that palkia has some fish traits to it (the wiings look like fins) which also live in the water (palkia it'self swims through space which it controls) and dialga's dinosaur appearance can be connected to time (some of the first living creatures)
(Ataro 21:50, 28 May 2010 (UTC))
Based on "Amphicoelias" fragillimus?
I have no idea how people deduce that. To most people, "Amphicoelias" would appear as Diplodocus did in Walking With Dinosaurs, not like a brachiosaurid or something. Granted that a 45* neck angle now seems probable in most if not all sauropods, but why single out "A". fragillimus and not something more well known, such as good old Brachiosaurus (which i must say resembles Diagla far more). I mean, theres debate as to weather "A". fragillimus is even valid, so if you must use a diplodocid, why not Diplodocus itself, or perhaps even Apatosaurus (ignore the ridiculous notion that "Amphicoelias brontodiplodocus" represents all diplodocids from the morrison formation). Spinodontosaurus 20:26, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
Do we really need to say that day is a unit of time? Origami is math for the hands. -Martin Grant, MathPath 02:23, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
There seem to be some moves missing from the list. For example, Dialga can learn Outrage via move tutor, and Dragon Pulse via TM. Is there a reason for this? - unsigned comment from Roosterton (talk • contribs)
- That list is only for the Generation V games, where there is no tutor who will teach Outrage and Dragon Pulse is not a TM. The Generation IV list is here, accessable by clicking the "IV" in the "Other generations" part at the top of each table. Werdnae (talk) 19:33, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
For the Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia entry, with the mention of "Powerful Beam" leading to hyper beam. Wouldn't it be more likely that it's talking about Roar of Time? Nevan 17:54, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
This bit of trivia
"Dialga is the second Pokémon in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series to feature an alternate coloration that is not its shiny coloration, the first being Kecleon."
Should it be noted in the trivia section that Dialga; despite being a dragon type; doesn't take super-effective damage from either of the types dragon is usually weak too(dragon and ice) due to its secondary typing(steel)? Venus253 17:45, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
- It is there. Ataro 18:08, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
But it only says it doesn't take damage from dragon type moves. Says nothing about the neutrality of ice towards it D: Venus253 15:55, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
I suppose that's right; but Kingdra, Palkia, and Reshiram also are dragon-types who aren't weak to ice types. I'm just trying to contribute a little because my birthday is Saturday and I want to edit my profile by then. o.O I'm not making excuses; I just really want to open my profile to changes(never knew it was a privilege) Venus253 17:26, 10 May 2012 (UTC)