From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| All That Glitters!
Yamikarasu! The Stolen Badges!!
|| February 8, 2001
| United States
|| December 15, 2001
|| Team Ota
|| 藤田伸三 Shinzō Fujita
|| 門智昭 Tomoaki Kado
| Assistant director
|| 松本マサユキ Masayuki Matsumoto
| Animation director
|| 門智昭 Tomoaki Kado
| Additional credits
All That Glitters! (Japanese: ヤミカラス！うばわれたバッジ！！ Yamikarasu! The Stolen Badges!!) is the 184th episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on February 8, 2001 and in the United States on December 15, 2001.
On their way to Olivine City, Brock and Misty break for lunch while Ash polishes his Johto League badges. As he shines each one, he sets them on the tree stump in front of him. Three Murkrow emerge from a nearby bush and perform a synchronized song and dance for our heroes. Delighted by the impromptu entertainment, the gang is shocked when the Murkrow grab Ash's badges and fly away. Will Ash be able to track down the Murkrow and reclaim his badges or will the Murkrow prove too adroit for Ash?
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
The episode begins with Ash and Misty waiting for Brock to finish cooking. Ash starts admiring his Badges. Pikachu sees something and catches everyone's attention. Togepi goes and three Murkrow emerge from the bushes. Ash checks his Pokédex and finds out that they steal shiny objects. The Murkrow steal his Badges! Ash sends out Noctowl who knocks the Murkrow out of the tree. Ash cheers but the Murkrow fight back by throwing mud in Ash's face.
Noctowl follows them, but they attack at once and knock it out. Brock uses his Golbat's Supersonic to track the Murkrow. Ash goes over asks them for the Badges, but they fly off. Golbat tries to follow, but it gets knocked out. Pikachu knocks out the Dark-type Pokémon at once with a ThunderShock. Pikachu is captured by Team Rocket. The Murkrow pop the Team Rocket balloon and steal James's bottle cap collection, which really angers him. James tries to get them, but he trips and Murkrow fly away with their stash. James continues to try and get back his prized collection by trying to capture Murkrow with a net, but Team Rocket gets a boulder instead and gets thrown away. After another win, Murkrow yet again admire their loot.
Ash says that he needs to get his Badges back and uses his Bulbasaur to climb the hill. On the top of the hill, he spies on the Murkrow and makes a plan. Ash tries to sneak up to them and snatch the Badges, but he gets pecked and knocked down the hill. The Murkrow start to mock Ash. Suddenly the Murkrow see something shiny, but it is only a diversion. Everything was going great until Togepi blows their cover. After another failure that causes Pineco to get blown up, Ash has a plan and sends in Noctowl. Noctowl flies in and plays dead and the Murkrow let their guard down and Noctowl snatches the Badges. Team Rocket attacks with a giant robot resembling a giant Murkrow. They go on a rampage and steal everything insight.
The Murkrow are about to be sucked away, but Ash saves them. Pikachu ends getting caught which results in our heroes fighting back! Noctowl and Murkrow team up and go in, which results in the robot short-circuiting which releases Pikachu. Pikachu delivers a Thunderbolt which sends Team Rocket blasting off again. Ash gets back his missing Fog Badge and thanks the Murkrow for their help.
With that Ash and his friends are off for more adventures.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
TV episode debuts
Who's That Pokémon?: Bellossom (U.S. and international), Murkrow (Japan)
- The dub title of this episode is a reference to the phrase, "All that glitters is not gold", which is also used by the dub title of All That Glitters is Not Golden.
- This is the first episode to use music from The Power of One. However, the background music is replaced in the dub.
- When the three Murkrow steal Ash's Gym Badges by using their mouths, they are still able to talk clearly.
- In a later scene, there appears to be no sign of the Badges in their mouths.
- When team rocket steals ash's pikachu, a claw grabs pikachu from the right. Instead of team rocket's ballon appearing from right, the ballon appears further upwards.
- When Ash is talking about all the Pokémon that helped him earn his Johto League Badges, he mentions Pidgeotto (while actually showing a Pidgeot) and Scyther. The Pokémon shown belonged to Falkner and Bugsy, respectively, and not to Ash (who, in fact, never even owned a Scyther).
- When ash get's up the cliff, bulbasaur is directly behind him, once Ash starts to crawl bulbasaur is replaced by pikachu.
- Although later on, bulbasaur appears next to ash.
- In the ending scene murkrow's colour is black instead of navy blue.
In other languages