From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- If you were looking for the city in Johto, see Violet City.
Violet (Japanese: アヤメ Ayame) is a recurring character who appeared in the Pokémon anime. She is a Water-type Pokémon specialist and is the second oldest of Misty's sisters. She and her sisters, Daisy and Lily, are also the former Gym Leaders of the Cerulean Gym.
In the anime
Violet made her first appearance in The Water Flowers of Cerulean City. In The Misty Mermaid, it is stated that Violet writes the sisters' water shows; however, a later episode shows Daisy performing this task. She sometimes also plays the part of the mermaid as seen in Luvdisc is a Many Splendored Thing!.
in Gotta Catch Ya Later! she left on a cruise with her sisters, leaving Misty to take temporary charge of the Gym.
She made many more appearances along with Daisy and Violet in future episodes as well as in Pokémon Chronicles.
Violet, along with Daisy and Lily, reappeared in a fantasy during the Poké Problem segment of Alola, Kanto!, where the Spectacular Sisters ditched the Gym to go on a trip, leaving Misty in charge of everything. She reappeared again in the same capacity in Alola, Alola!, although Misty revealed she had Violet and the others take over Gym duties while she was in Alola.
Much like Lily, she seems to tease Misty more often than Daisy. However, she truly loves Misty despite this; when Ash and Misty set out on their journey, she encourages Misty to become a strong Trainer so that she can become good at something.
Like her other sisters, she cares mostly about her looks. They demonstrated this by caring more about their hair than their Pokémon during an attack by Team Rocket. They also don't like losing to the challengers at their Gym and would rather just give away their Gym Badge instead of losing. Violet is also very childlike and carefree. During the water shows hosted by the Gym, she is shown to prefer playing girlish roles, whereas Lily plays the more boyish ones.
At the Gym
- See The Sensational Sisters → Pokémon
In the games
Violet appears in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! as one of Misty's Gym Trainers, along with Lily and Daisy. She will jump down from a diving board before challenging the player.
- "Hm? Me? I'm a beautiful girl who glides on the water!"
- "I'm soaked!"
- "My tears are making the pool water even saltier!"
In the manga
Violet and her sisters in Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution
In the movie adaptations
Violet appeared in a flashback of Ash's adventures in Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution.
- In Pocket Monsters: The Animation, it is mentioned that Violet, Lily, and Daisy's natural hair-colors are actually black, and that their blue, pink, and blonde hair were wigs that they wore during their shows. The same source also reveals that they were themselves orphaned at a young age due to their parents abandoning them thanks to the harsh regulations of being a Gym Leader.
- In the English dub, Violet, along with Lily and Daisy, speaks with a Valley Girl accent.
|| アヤメ Ayame
|| From 菖蒲 ayame (iris)
| English, Italian, Spanish
|| From violet
|| From violet
|| From violet
|| 두나 Duna
|| From 두 du (two)
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 菖蒲 Chāngpú
|| From the Japanese name 菖蒲 Ayame
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 菖蒲 Chēungpòuh
| Brazilian Portuguese
| Same as her English name|
From violeta, violet