From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This is a talk page archive.
It contains old discussions of topics relating to the user. Please do not add or remove any content from it.
|Talk Page Archives
| Welcome to Bulbapedia, Schiffy!
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
- Be nice to everyone. It's in the code of conduct.
- Make good edits. Preview them before you save to make sure they're perfect the first time around.
- Use wikicode and link templates when adding content to a page.
- Use proper grammar and spelling, and read the manual of style.
- You can't create a userpage until you've added to the encyclopedia. It's a privilege. See the userspace policy.
- Use talk pages to resolve editing disputes. Don't "edit war," or constantly re-edit/undo the same thing on a page.
- If you have a question about something, be proactive. Ask for help. The staff won't bite.
- Sign all talk page posts with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- For more handy links, see the welcome portal.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Hack games section reply
Hello there. I've replied to your comment on my talk page. BulbaPediaAid 05:41, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
Avenue rank requirements
Like another user did recently, you changed the (somewhat odd) avenue rank requirement thresholds I had originally listed. I got those numbers from my game, which is not to say they are universally true, but I'm wondering where you got yours from? The previous user was clearly copying (partially?) false information from one or more popular fansites, since he/she listed 3000 from Rank 70 in the same edit, so I undid his/her changes without dialogue. Yvnr (talk) 10:33, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
- I got it from here. I seem to have noticed that the majority of this site seems to think Serebii is inherently wrong on a lot of points, and I don't understand why. It's not your average run-of-the-mill fansite, and I haven't seen any kind of wrong information on there yet. Schiffy (Speak to me|What I've done) 19:32, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
- I have no experience with serebii.net, so I cannot identify with what you're saying. However, the serebii.net page you're copying from has a major error in the very same table, so I'll have to undo those changes as this is the exact same case as with the previous user, except you didn't include the [email protected] which I'd put a hidden notice on. Again, the thresholds I added around 20 and 40 may be wrong for one reason or another, but unless someone actually gets the information, there's no case. Yvnr (talk) 08:02, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
Removing it is against the policy. Instead of deleting messages, you can archive them, when page gets too big. Marked +-+-+ (talk) 13:47, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- I guess this rule doesn't apply to Bulbapedia staff, then? Schiffy (Speak to me|What I've done) 13:53, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- She never had a welcome template in the first place, as she joined three months before the welcome template was created and we started to welcome users. It wouldn't have been that hard to check by yourself.--電禅Den Zen 14:13, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- Well, there goes my argument. Eh, not important enough to continue. Schiffy (Speak to me|What I've done) 14:17, 21 May 2013 (UTC)