Talk:Secret Power (move)
Is this one of the 100 something articles the front pages says needs to be upgraded? I mean, you can't exactly upgrade this kind of move to Platinum standard.Blastoise RULZ 22:50, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yes you can. hfc2X 20:07, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
The Generation III section is a little vague. Does the attack animation simply change, or does the attack itself actually change, complete with type and power? — Laoris (Blah) 07:55, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Unless I'm mistaken, the Grass-Types in DP134 used Absorb (red), and Growth (Green), not Secret Power. Someone place the images and their descriptions in their proper places, please? Thanks. Muk-a-Matic---Maketh the Muk go round... 20:10, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
Secret Power in PBR?
Does anyone know which effects Secret Power gets when used on the various Colosseums in PBR? Dilophosaurus Rex 10:59, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
It also would be helpful to know what terrain is used during notable trainer battles. Team Snagem Jarrod 14:35, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
Would it be save to say that Secret Power has become Tabunne's signature move as of Generation V? Its the only pokémon able to learn it by level up and the move has lost its TM status now too. The only way to get a pokémon other than Tabunne with Secret Power in a Gen V game is by transferring one from a Gen IV game. - unsigned comment from BlackySully (talk • contribs)
- If that's true, it's most certainly a signature move. And sign your posts. --AndyPKMN 23:09, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
Is it required to have all those pokémon images in the breed list? Honestly I liked it better when it just stated "All pokemon who could learn TMs from Gen 3/4", it was so much easier to navigate through the page that way rather than have a superstretched breed list. -- Trainer Hunter -- 06:37, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
- Oh and while we're at it, why do we have the breed list notice anyhow? What's wrong with the list we have now? Is it missing something? -- Trainer Hunter -- 00:17, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
Secret Power in the anime
Several effects have been mentioned in the anime. When Zoey's Glameow used it, it was stated to have a chance of putting a Pokémon to sleep when used in a puddle and confusing it when used on stage IIRC. Likewise, Paul's Ursaring's Secret Power made Ash's Chimchar flinch (I think it was stated to be used on grass). Can we compile a list of all of the effects and put it in the anime section? --SnorlaxMonster 15:31, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- Also, if it is unaffected by Serene Grace, does that mean it is unaffected by Sheer Force as well? --SnorlaxMonster 03:58, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
- Although we aren't doing damage formula debugging for gen III/IV, I'm confident in my assumption that it would behave the same way (doesn't work). Based off of the debugging, there's no reference to either Serene Grace nor Sheer Force, so it won't give a boost/remove random. Kaphotics (talk) 10:05, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
I did a quick test in FireRed of 31 Secret Power uses with a Dunsparce, and got the added effect 20 times. The probability of 20 or more instances of the added effect out of 31 tries, if the success probability for each try was 30%, would be less than 1 in ten thousand. It seems that Serene Grace works with Secret Power in FireRed at least. Seb144 (talk) 18:55, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
Mystery Dungeon effects
The information provided for the Red/Blue Rescue Team effects is inaccurate, the effects of Nature Power and Secret Power (Camouflage too, presumably, although I haven't tested that) appear to depend on the terrain (ie. visual appearance) of the dungeon rather than the dungeon itself. I've had Secret Power's secondary effect go from accuracy reduction to poisoning to movement speed reduction (which isn't even listed on the table!) within Purity Forest on floors 5, 8, and 15, and just had it change from paralysis to confusion starting on floor 40 of Western Cave.
(these are the only two dungeons I've tested so far that have given me any sort of result, Solar Cave and Pitfall Valley stayed constant despite the terrain changes)
Nature Power and Secret Power do seem to have corresponding effects, though, as indicated by the tables on both pages. On the same floors as Secret Power, using Nature Power in Purity Forest gave me Earthquake, Stun Spore, and Bubblebeam, respectively. In Western Cave, I had Swift change into Rock Slide on floor 40. These moves are located on the same position on the Nature Power table as their respective Secret Power effects are on this one.
Anyhow, I don't have all the information I'd need to correct this, and don't have the time or ability to test every single dungeon (I still can't beat Purity Forest), but I just thought I'd draw some attention to the fact that the information presented on this page (and Nature Power) is at least partially incorrect.--Cold (talk) 23:32, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- An enemy using Secret Power in Agate Village in Colosseum caused Poison on my Pokémon. Hopefully we can one day make a complete list of what occurs in each location in each game! Nairbnroh (talk) 05:52, 23 July 2016 (UTC)