About the anime part.
Am I reading this right? "non-canon as a filler episode" Is that saying that filler episodes are non-canon?--Midnight Blue 22:55, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Exactly the opposite. It's saying movies ARE canon. --electAbuzzzz 23:01, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, yea I was reading it wrong, thanks, to me it was a little confusing.--Midnight Blue 23:04, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Any way we can expand this article? Certain areas should be clarified where canonicity may be unclear... For example, is Yellow canon to the game series, or is it in the anime continuity? Are the third games of each series (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) alternate continuity, in that they tell the main story of each generation in a different way, or new canon in that they're the exact way the plot happened in those generations? It's easy enough to divide the anime and manga from the games, but the games themselves are pretty confusing. Redstar 09:16, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
- I plan to expand this page just as soon as I finish my overhaul of the pages on the anime and legendaries. This thing's way outdated, and honestly, it needs more pictures.
- As far as we can be concerned, however, third versions and later remakes are the canon, Yellow, however, is not, as it was a special edition in Japan. TTEchidna 07:54, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
Steven in HeartGold/SoulSilver
Okay, the article states that the third versions take precedence over the previous versions. However, according to Steven's article, he introduces himself as the Hoenn Champion in HeartGold/SoulSilver. This conflicts with the article, as he never states that he was a Champion in Emerald. So, how would this be explained? MagicBarrier 03:58, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
- HGSS has Red called "the Champion from Pallet Town". So I'm thinking, like Red, Steven wasn't defeated by Wallace, but gave up the title to him. Or something. We'll see in Gen3DS. TTEchidna 15:54, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
Fourteenth movies in canon?
Should someone make a note about the problems caused by having two versions of the fourteenth movie. I mean, the article states that all movies are canon unless stated otherwise but obviously both versions of the Victini can't be canon because only certain elements are different while the overall story and characters remain the same. Watchermark 01:44, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
Under "Anime" it says: "with the exception of EP052, which takes place before EP048." I think that should be EP049, since that's how it's stated in the articles of EP049 and EP052. Thomasdenhaan 19:32, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
Problem with the game canon
I think thers a little problem on this page's game canon, it says that every third game is in the main canon, along with the remakes. But that kinda dosen't make much sence, what do we count as the main canon, Y & C, or FRLG & HGSS? Iml908 (talk) 01:53, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- I believe the sentence refers to the most current game in the region if both games occur during the same period of time. From what it says prior to it, "Events of later games set in the same region supersede events of prior games set in that region." Thus, I would believe that Firered, Leafgreen, Heartgold, and Soulsilver are considered canon over the events of Yellow and Crystal when they come into conflict. Granted, my explanation could be wrong. (In addition, the sentence might not take time into account, though it might need to due to Black 2 and White 2 taking place in the same region, but not at the same time, as Black and White.) Super goku (talk) 02:19, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
For whatever reason, many people are saying the post-game isn't canon in the games. Is there any truth to this or is this just peoples' opinions? I've always thought that all events in the game was canon. Just wanted to bring this up in case I'm wrong and there really is something to it. - unsigned comment from SquidBonez (talk • contribs)
- There's no reason to believe the post-game isn't canon, and there are references to the events of the post-game in the main storyline of other games (e.g. capturing the Seven Sages in BW is referenced in B2W2). Arguing that the post-game is non-canon has no basis. --SnorlaxMonster 04:05, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
Are third versions or remakes canon?
So is HGSS canon or is Crystal cannon? The same about Emerald and ΩRαS. For some reason I always thought that HG and Emerald were canon but now I'm not sure.