New Nintendo 3DS XL
Newニンテンドー3DS LL New Nintendo 3DS LL
The New Nintendo 3DS XL
The New Nintendo 3DS XL (Japanese: Newニンテンドー3DS LL New Nintendo 3DS LL) is a handheld system created by Nintendo. It was released in Japan on October 11, 2014, Australia on November 21, 2014, and Europe and North America on February 13, 2015. The New Nintendo 3DS XL was discontinued on August 25, 2019.
- Size: 6.3 inches wide, 3.6 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
- Weight: 11.6 ounces
- Top screen: 4.88-inch widescreen LCD, super-stable 3D capability, 800×240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing)
- Bottom screen: 4.18-inch LCD, touch screen, 320×240 pixel resolution
- Cameras: One inner camera, two outer cameras, both at 640x480 pixel resolution (0.3 MP)
- Wireless communication: Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Supports IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the internet while in sleep mode.
- Game controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Circle Pad" and "C Stick" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.
- Other input controls: 3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Power button. The stylus is approximately 3.4 inches.
- Input/Output: A port that accepts Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DSi, and Nintendo DS game cards, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal, and a stereo headphone output jack.
- Sound: Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen
- Battery: Lithium ion battery
- Parental controls: Included
- Main article: Nintendo 3DS → Pokémon games
The New Nintendo 3DS XL is compatible with the same games as the original Nintendo 3DS. There are some games that the original 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS cannot play, but none of these are Pokémon games.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Sun and Moon (and its demo), and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon use more memory than normal 3DS games and disable some of the HOME Menu's functionality on older 3DS family systems, but not on the "New" models due to their increased RAM.
- Nintendo of America - New Nintendo 3DS XL
- Nintendo of Europe - New Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo of Australia - New Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo of Japan - New Nintendo 3DS
|Game systems with Pokémon games|
|Nintendo handheld consoles|
|GB (Pocket · GBL · SGB · SGB2) • GBC • mini • GBA (SP · GBm · GBP)|
DS (Lite · DSi · DSi XL) • 3DS (XL · 2DS · New 3DS · New 3DS XL · New 2DS XL)
Switch (Lite · OLED)
|Nintendo home consoles|
|SNES (BS-X · SGB · NP · SGB2) • N64 (DD) • GCN (GBP)|
Wii (Family Edition · mini) • Wii U
|Pico • CoCoPad • Beena|