Gorilla Tactics (Ability)
Gorilla Tactics boosts the Pokémon's Attack by 50%, but limits the Pokémon to using only one move, similar to the Choice Band. This effect stacks with Choice items, meaning a Pokémon with this Ability and a Choice Band will have its Attack boosted to 225%.
Gorilla Tactics temporarily stops working if the user is Dynamaxed.
Outside of battle
Gorilla Tactics has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Gorilla Tactics
|Please note that abilities marked with a superscript are only available in the stated generation or later.
- In most languages, Gorilla Tactics's name include some level of wordplay:
- In English, it is a play on gorilla and "guerilla tactics".
- Its Japanese name combines 五里霧中 gorimuchū (a saying meaning "lost in a fog") with ゴリラ gorira (gorilla) and 夢中 muchū (obsessed).
- In Chinese, the 心 xīn (heart) in 一心一意 (wholeheartedly) is replaced with 猩 xīng (gorilla).
- Its Spanish name literally translates to "monotheme", reflecting the Ability's effect of locking the Pokémon into using one move, while also containing mono, the Spanish word for monkey.
In other languages
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.