From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Gorilla Tactics
| Obsessed Gorilla
| Generation VIII
| Boosts the Pokémon's Attack stat but only allows the use of the first selected move.
Gorilla Tactics (Japanese: ごりむちゅう Obsessed Gorilla) is an Ability introduced in Generation VIII. It is the signature Ability of Galarian Darmanitan.
Gorilla Tactics boosts the Pokémon's Attack by 50%, but limits the Pokémon to using only one move, similar to the Choice Band. This effect stacks with Choice items, meaning a Pokémon with this Ability and a Choice Band will have its Attack boosted by 125%.
Gorilla Tactics temporarily stops working if the user is Dynamaxed.
Outside of battle
It is unknown if Gorilla Tactics has an effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Gorilla Tactics
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
|| Gorilla Tactics
|| Zen Mode
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- The Japanese name of this Ability is a pun, combining 五里霧中 gorimuchū (a saying meaning lost in a fog) with ゴリラ gorira (gorilla) and 夢中 muchū (obsessed). The English name is a play on guerilla tactics.
In other languages