From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Virizion is one of the major characters in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.
When Virizion comes to Post Town, she catches the many eyes of the town's citizens before stopping at Swanna's inn with the majority of the townsfolk following her. It is revealed that Virizion came to Post Town after hearing stories of the Rainbows of Hope, but discovered that they no longer appear.
The player and their partner help Dunsparce, who has fallen in love with Virizion, in asking the Grassland Pokemon if she could be his friend after presenting her with a crystal gem. However she coldly rejects his friendship, and proceeds to explain to the distraught Dunsparce that she doesn't believe in friends, especially with the world they live in that is filled with distrustful Pokemon. It's even said that it's a town tradition to be rejected by Virizion. If Dunsparce was strong, then he would be considered an ally to Virizion, but she could tell that Dunsparce wasn't very strong. This greatly upsets Dunsparce, who runs off in tears, but Virizion defended her actions to the player and their partner that the world they live in is filled with deceitful Pokemon, and that making friends would only lead to disappointment and heartache.
When Dunsparce ran off with the Pawniard Brothers to become strong for Virizion, the Grassland Pokemon overheard the player and the partner going to Desolate Canyon to save Dunsparce from danger. She went to Gurdurr and asked for his assistance to save Dunsparce, but not before Gurdurr told Virizion that he too had lost faith in the world, but the player and their partner helped him realize that the world isn't worth giving up just yet. At Desolate Canyon, Virizion, along with Gurdurr and the two Timburr, aided the player and their allies against the Pawniard Brothers and their gang, succeeding in driving them off.
After the battle, Virizion apologized for her behavior towards Dunsparce. She then listened to the player and their partner explaining about building a Pokemon Paradise after they accepted Dunsparce and Emolga, and Virizion requested if she could join Paradise as well, much to everyone's surprise. Despite Emolga's intense opposition to Virizion joining due to her previous mistreatment of Dunsparce, the partner accepts Virizion as part of their Pokemon Paradise. The Grassland Pokemon had thoughts of leaving Post Town, but she decided to stay and believes that she may find the precious thing she has been searching for while residing in the Pokemon Paradise...
Personality and characteristics
Virizion starts out cold due to a past experience, convinced that making friends will only lead to betrayal and heartache. However, later she changes her ways, and starts believing in friendship once again.
Virizion starts the adventure with the following moveset:
- "Is this seat taken?"
- "Hehe. Thank you, boys."
- "Hmm. I'll think about it."
- "I've been to some caves in the east. But there was nothing there. I'm afraid I didn't get anything at all from the trip. I wonder if I've lost my edge as an adventurer?"
- When the player is in the inn:
- "Yeah. That about sums it up. Though it's not like I don't have any goal... But you could basically say that I go wherever the whim takes me. I came to this town because there was something I wanted to see here."
- "The Rainbows of Hope."
- "I had heard rumors that the rainbows couldn't be seen any longer. But I still wanated to see them, you know? I thought that maybe if I came here, I'd find out that they had returned. But it looks like it's no use. I won't be able to see them after all..."
- "His friend?"
- "A gift?"
- "Thank you for the gift. It's lovely. But... While it is very sweet of you...I can't accept it."
- "I don't make friends. I'm sorry."
- "I'm sorry but with the Pokémon world (Mystery Dungeon) we live in... I just don't believe in things like friends. If you were strong, I might be able to consider you as some kind of ally. If you were strong, then at least you could help me out in some way. But you...well, you aren't very strong, are you?"
- "The world's full of cheaters, thieves, and liars. There's nothing to believe in anymore. Someone who acts nice to you always has an ulterior motive. You can't just believe anyone who flatters you with pretty words. Making friends will just lead to heartache and disappointment. That's why I just don't have any."
- "How could you feel any other way in this kind of world? You understand, don't you?"
- "Hold it right there!"
- "Pawniard! You told Emolga and these other Pokémon that they were surrounded, didn't you? And yet... Who's surrounded now?"
- "Taking advantage of the weakness in Dunsparce's heart with this dirty plot... You two...really are pathetic, aren't you?"
- "Well, I did see you. I happened to see you talking with Quagsire. I didn't hear everything, but...it was enough to put the pieces together."
- "I have to apologize. It was my fault that you felt like you had to get stronger. I am sorry about that. But... Bad Pokémon are always looking to take advantage of gullible Pokémon like you. You trust others way to easily. You can't live like that these days. You know? You just can't trust other Pokémon, not in the world we live in now."
- "... ..."
- "(A Pokémon Paradise?)"
- "Er... Do you mind if I interrupt? I have a request for you all. Will you... Will you let me join your Paradise as well?"
- "Toying with you... Yes, I can see how you would think that. I won't make any excuses for my behavior... But...even saying that... Is there no way you can let me be a part of your paradise?"
- "Hehe. I'll just have to try."
- "Well... It looks like I've caused a bit of a fight, but... I'm looking forward to working together with you all. I guess I'll be heading back first, then. Gurdurr."
- "What you said...back there..." (flashback starts)
- "What a fool... This only happened because he believes any old Pokémon he meets. They should be headed for Desolate Canyon. Come at once, would you?"
- "... ... ..."
- "... ... ..." (flashback ends) "I think...I might understand now what you were trying to tell me."
- "Hehe, no need to act so bashful. Oh, never mind. (But...) (I had been thinking it was about time to leave Post Town...) (Perhaps sticking around isn't a bad idea either, though.) (If I stay here...) (I feel like I might finally find it.) (That one precious thing... I've been searching for...)"
- "Hehe. And a good morning to you."
- "I don't have any objections."
For more information on this Pokémon's species, see Virizion.