Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
User talk:Maxim/Dub Name Predictions
I love looking at your dub name predictions (they're always so good, even when they don't choose them in the end!), but for characters who appear in the anime you have to take into account that they need to base the name partly on the number of syllables, due to the "lip flap" animation used when characters talk. That seems to have been why they changed a lot of names to more unusual or meaningless ones most of the time. --AndyPKMN 01:08, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- That was Kenji-girl who predicted Austin. Granted, her whiff wasn't as bad as Maxim's on that guess...--Shiningpikablu252 15:26, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
About the Cafe Maids, It never came to my mind to name them after the months that the seasons are present in. Great job on that one. How about September for another name for Aki. Autumn starts in September. --☆ケンジガール 07:34, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. But I just don't see how "September" can be a girl's name, for some reason. --Maxim 10:08, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- I do. But he stayed unnamed in DP001. But I'm pretty sure they will give him some name in DP088. --Maxim 15:38, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Voila. --Maxim 16:06, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
PUSA didn't do it. His design was changed after the first airing of DP082 because he looked too much like Hiroshi from Dokonjō Gaeru. You might wanna change that comment. --ケンジのガール 05:25, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- Can't really blame Maxim for putting down the wrong thing. It wasn't until after that comment was put down that the evidence that this wasn't a dub-exclusive change was discovered. --Shiningpikablu252 05:34, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Kellyn's girly name
Yusaku's english name...
I got a better guess for you: Frank. Y'know, because of his whole thing with Jessie and James, plus Jesse James had a brother named Frank. That's my guess, anyway. Missingno. Master wants YOU! Join the Order of the Glitch! (my talk page) 11:54, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Not bad. I think I wouldn't think it up myself. --Maxim 13:10, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
Are you planning to make predictions for character names from Black and White versions? Just wondering. --AndyPKMN 11:53, 16 October 2010 (UTC)