Welcome to Bulbapedia, Lawrence!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button... Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! --Masatoshitalk 01:35, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
EP081 and the Orange Islands arc
This has been discussed before, and it has been stated that the Original Series ends with EP081, whereas EP082 marks the beginning of the Orange Islands arc. Please do not make further changes nor revert mine, as to avoid any confusions this might bring. Thank you. Masatoshitalk 01:44, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button. Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! --Masatoshitalk 00:34, 25 September 2013 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Page button. Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Also, if you want to edit multiple sections of the page, make sure that you click "edit this page" at the top of the page rather than editing it by section. Thanks! --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 16:40, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that on Bulbapedia, we ask that all voice actor credits be reliably sourced. Basically, this means the actor must acknowledge the role (or someone else involved with the show who would know) or the role must be specifically credited to them (not just one of a big list of names at the end). In general, other websites (such as IMDB) are not reliable. In the future, if you have a source for a credit, please cite it in your edit summary so it can be easily verified. Thanks! Tiddlywinks (talk) 16:04, 5 November 2016 (UTC)