|Talk Page Archives|
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Cold!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
- It's a guideline, mainspace pages shouldn't link to the Shipping: namespace. Blue, Diamond, and Pearl are examples of other disambiguation pages that link to shipping redirects rather than the pages themselves.--Cold (talk) 19:59, 12 January 2014 (UTC)
Oh my god
- Haha, it's alright.--Cold (talk) 20:23, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
I see you reverted what was presumably vandalism made to the Dome and Helix Fossils page, by a user known as "THEHELIX". While I have an idea of what it said (praise helix!) for some reason the revision was removed from the history, so I can't see it. What did it say?
Also, if you are an admin, please consider restoring it. I of course don't mean putting the vandalism back, but rather putting it back in the article's history, so if anyone else is curious they can see. There's really no reason to remove a revision from an article's history unless it contains someone's personal information or something like that. (Or maybe copyrighted content, if the owners of the wiki are worried about being sued.)
- That was a while ago... I don't remember exactly, but I think it was just a generic "helix is god" message, like you said. Nothing harmful, just didn't belong on the wiki. There were several similar edits to various pages back when TPP Red was happening. To address your second point, I'm not an admin, so I don't know if there's a guideline for removing revisions, but from what I've seen most instances of vandalism are deleted, especially when containing vulgarity/explicit content.--Cold (talk) 21:01, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
If you're going to revert someone (twice) for including obvious spam onto pages, make absolutely sure to leave that person a talk page message letting them know what they did wrong. -- MAGNEDETH 18:20, 16 August 2014 (UTC)
Gabby and Ty
I thought that it was a simple error and that It's was also a possesive.
- |- unsigned comment from Unusual Venusaur (talk • contribs)
- That's alright, everyone makes mistakes. Hope I didn't come across as hostile, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page before doing anything.--Cold (talk) 20:47, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
I tried to remove that STAB at the same time after the original edit, I guess you beat me. Can you check Skrelp if you have one handy, however? I can breed one, but that's the only one I'm uncertain of now; every remaining fully evolved specimen (and everything else I could check that is NOT edited) cannot learn Dive, so Skrelp is the last one. CycloneGU (talk) 00:40, 27 December 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, maybe I don't need that after all; I found this saying Skrelp can learn Surf, Waterfall, and Dive - which makes sense as it's a Water type as a Skrelp, and changes to Dragon upon evolution (hence losing the STAB). I'll breed one to verify it myself before editing at its page since X doesn't have them for catching and simply trading over, but I'll include it in the Dive edit right now. CycloneGU (talk) 00:45, 27 December 2014 (UTC)
- Alright. I wouldn't have been much help anyway, I haven't even opened my copy of Omega Ruby yet :P--Cold (talk) 00:58, 27 December 2014 (UTC)
Just a quick note: Fling was a "Tough" move (with 1 appeal) in Super Contests, but OR/AS uses Contest Spectacular information, where Fling is a "Cute" move with 3 appeal. You had edited at Mawile to show it as "Tough" with 3 appeal, mixing the two. Didn't want to create a new section, just pointing it out. =) Rest of the chart was good, I was just refacing the chart from my template since I had to add the XY and ORAS tags anyway and my reface caught that by chance. CycloneGU (talk) 02:30, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
- I actually didn't add most of that contest info, that was Bikini Miltank. All I did was re-add the TM information for Rest and Attract, which I assumed were removed in error.--Cold (talk) 03:08, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, my apologies if I misread your edit content there. It was just a friendly note in any case. No harm done.
- Once I finish the Hoenn group, I'll probably be at the point that I can start checking all of the TMs on everyone after temporarily utilizing an Unlock All TMs code (and eventually reverting back to before the unlock using the same cheat device). I figure once I enter the Hall of Fame I don't need to keep everyone, and can use my boxes just for research purposes, so will group them as such. I will find any odd changes. =D CycloneGU (talk) 03:30, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
So that's how you do it. What about Swablu? I don't think it would be proper to refer to a Mega Evolution of Swablu, but since it's not a final evolution we could likely get away with it there? CycloneGU (talk) 22:53, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
- Not sure, but all the other applicable pages (Charmander, Charmeleon, Treecko, Grovyle, Buneary) just leave it as "evolution".--Cold (talk) 23:04, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
- Then we'll leave it per those pages! I do wish there was a way to denote that a Pokémon is the final evolution, however, as there will not be italics used on any page that does NOT have a Mega Evolution, and therefore that line could technically be eliminated from a lot of footers with such a trigger. CycloneGU (talk) 23:21, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the help cleaning up whatever little mistakes I leave behind (such as those at Nuzleaf and Shiftry. I try to get all of those emphasis things right, but sometimes I either accidentally remove one - or leave one to be removed untouched - in my Notepad editing without realizing it and don't catch it in the preview (especially if I do more than one chart at once, where my eyes are on the contest data to make sure it's all filled out), so it's helpful having a second pair of eyes checking afterwards in case I miss it. =) CycloneGU (talk) 23:06, 6 January 2015 (UTC)
- On these. Counter doesn't get a STAB at all? Noticed that edit at Meditite and Medicham. CycloneGU (talk) 19:25, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
- Nope, Counter (and Mirror Coat/Metal Burst) deals a fixed amount of damage based on the opponent's move. Same reason why stuff like Bide/Final Gambit/Seismic Toss etc. don't get STAB.--Cold (talk) 20:34, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
Just to follow up on the edits to Shadow Ball:
- Hoopa Confined is Psychic/Ghost and gets STAB on Psychic and Ghost type moves.
- Hoopa Unbound is Psychic/Dark and gets STAB on Psychic and Dark type moves.
Shadow Ball is a Ghost type move, and you added STAB for it on Hoopa Unbound. It actually does not get STAB, but after returning to Hoopa Confined it gets STAB again. I did the same thing on Fling and Thief only giving STAB to the Unbound forme. CycloneGU (talk) 18:58, 13 January 2015 (UTC)
- I wasn't implying that those forms got STAB. I used italics, not boldface, to denote that the other form gets STAB instead. Fling and Thief in particular are already italicized on Hoopa's page. Arceus and Darmanitan are two Pokémon that do this on their applicable TM entries as well.--Cold (talk) 19:54, 13 January 2015 (UTC)
Thanks about the tip for underscores. I wasn't sure and I was afraid of testing because I don't want to flood the history page with unnecessary changes. Edwinbanana (talk) 17:50, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- No problem. In the future, if you want to test something like that, you can use the "Show preview" button located next to the save button, which will let you see the changes you've made without saving them.--Cold (talk) 18:30, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
ORAS Mom Edit
In addition to reverting the edits, you can point out on the trivia/errors section (whichever works for you) that there was an error in the blurb, kind of like what I did with Harley Rides Again. PattyMan 18:56, 22 February 2015 (UTC)