Welcome to Bulbapedia, GoldsWigglytuff!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:GoldsWigglytuff/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- All users are allowed to edit the userspace 3 times a day. If you edit more than 3 times, you may be subjected to a warning. If you ignore the warning, you will be given three chances to comply. If you do not comply, your ability to modify the userspace will be revoked for a period of time.
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Gah. I'm afraid I'm going to have to delete it... it's not that it's badly written, though. It's just that it's not really a notable subject and it's based entirely on speculation. With the exception of the Pokémon that talk human language, for all we know Pokémon just grunt to convey emotion, or for no reason at all. There's been no real proof that it is in fact a language unto itself. Sorry. --ニョロトノ666 17:30, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
hey it's not terue Pokémon do not talk like that, they talk like Pokémon. I will add stuff to the page. if you give me some leeway I will make better! - unsigned comment from GoldsWigglytuff (talk • contribs)
Adding images to your userpage
All you need to do is find the image page, then surround the title with 2 square brackets on each side
Example: a:File:Brendan.png is
[[Image:Brendan.png]] - Kogoro | Talk to me | 09:41, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- And ask online users not retired ones or ones on hiatus please.--☆Coolピカチュウ! 09:47, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
What do you mean by "images"? If you are looking for how to put a picture in your article, simply put [[Image:IMAGENAME.jpg]] and you've got your image. If you mean the Userboxes, I can help you with that, as that is a little more complicated. --PAK Man Talk 14:34, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
As PAK Man says, you just image-tag things....it's not quite as simple as copy and paste, but close. evkl 14:49, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- To upload images, click on the "Upload file" link in the toolbox to the left of your screen. Follow the simple instructions there, and you will have your images uploaded. If they are images you just want for your own user page, then you can only have two of those. Otherwise, if they are used elsewhere on Bulbapedia, you don't have to worry about a limit. --PAK Man Talk 23:28, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
No, we need $1. evkl 13:23, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
Please use the link templates when linking to articles about Pokémon, abilities, moves, types, and other Pokémon-related topics. And please make sure you know what you are linking to when you type in code. When you typed in [[May]], it linked to this page. I'm guessing you meant to link to this page. Also, you only need to link to an article once, not every time the subject is mentioned. --PAK Man Talk 21:49, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
can someone tande me...
gen 1-2 sarter?I know this not to do wieh the wiki but luv the gen 1-2 ones! I can get good Pokémon back so it is weel wosh it tell here.GoldsWigglytuff 21:01, 18 October 2008 (UTC)ps I am wifi
- What???? You have really bad spelling... If you want a trade go to the forums there's a section for trading i think.--☆Coolピカチュウ! 02:17, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
okGoldsWigglytuff 08:56, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
You already have your name on my "Secret Page"! But don't worry, I guess it means you want to be twice as friendly, right? But you're not the first one who's done that...I find it funny! Thanks! :) --☆Tavisource 17:41, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. There are only three userspace edits allowed per day, and you have gone over the limit. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links 11:26, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
The edit you made to DP021...
Was deleted. Please do not post nonsense on article talk pages. -Sketch 21:55, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- Don't post like that on talk pages either. That's a waste of an edit. -Sketch 21:57, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
Look, sorry to mention this.
Sorry to have to bring this up, and i know you're dyslexic and all, but please, try a little harder with your spelling? Half the time I don't know what you've put. If you're using FireFox as an Internet browser, download one of the spell-check packs. Plus, don't blame it on your dyslexia, I'm dyslexic and I'm a damn good writer/speller. I mean no offense by this message c: I'm just saying it's a little hard some times to make out what you've written. ~~Takoto| サソデイ 17:47, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yes... sometimes typing a message in Word/some other program then SpellChecking it (the first option is usually right) can help a lot. LordArceus 17:50, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
I noticed your userpage should have your Favourite Pokémon as Wigglytuff, but you were unable to do it. So instead, I did it for you. I also did the Shiny Wigglytuff userbox too. Gywall(Talk) 10:40, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, it's me. I don't blame you for now knowing english well, but I just wanna correct you on one thing that seems to be arising all the time. You often say, "cos" instead of "because"...yeah, just wanted to tell you that. Maybe you could type in your original language and put it through Google translator...other languages to ENglish are good, but not the other way around.--☆Tavisource 22:49, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
Wigglytuff's Nat. Dex number is 040, not 40. All Nat. Dex numbers are triple digits. If they're less than 100, put a 0 in front of the number. (Just...letting you know)--Kkllnn blastoise 21:33, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
You've been making too many edits to the
User talk: namespace lately. Please take your conversations to the forums, a chatroom, e-mail, an IM service, or something similar, as that many edits will slow down the server. --ニョロトノ666 21:43, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
Just warning ya, caps are not yelling. There just cruise control for cool.
- Ive got a couple of reccomendations. First, install spell check. I know you have dyslexia, but thats not an excuse. SCOTT ADAMS IS DYSLEXIC AND MUTE AND WRITES A DAILY COMIC! LEONARDO DAVINCI HAD DYSLEXIA! install spell check. Two, contribute more to the mainspace. Not for the pot to call the kettle black, but you HAVE to contribute to the mainspace, and your contributions have to be good if you want to be a good user here. Thirdly, DONT SPEND ALL YOUR TIME ON THE USER TALK! This is not facebook or myspace, nor will it ever be. Thank you for this. If you have any questions just go to my page and leave a comment. After editing a good chunk, of course.--DCM((Shut the **** upSpy on My Edits))
You are the new "chairman"! You'll need this:
===Team Budew=== Status: Open
Goal: For the group of new users to devote themselves in helping others, using teamwork, to do better
1-4 months: Lv. 1-Budew
5-8 months: Lv. 2-Roselia
9-11 months: Lv. 3-Roserade
1 year and up: Graduation
* GoldsWigglytuff-Roserade Start date: 10 October, 2008 * GuyNamedSean-Roserade Start date: 28 November, 2008 * Smartkidhen-Roserade Start date: 7 November, 2008 * Frostagin-Budew Start date: 14 April, 2009
Boy, its the month of March,, and quite a number of Team Budew members are moving up a rank, that also includes you.... you're now a Roselia! So, congrats and continue to work hard on your edits.--X, PEACE TOTHE DRAGONS ANDTHE BEASTS 16:09, 18 March 2009 (UTC)