Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:Wonder Guard (ability)
Would Wonder Guard block damage from weather effects as well?
- Wonder Guard only allows super effective moves to hit. It does not prevent stat-altering moves, such as Tail Whip, from hitting or from lowering the Pokémon's stats. Also, it does not prevent damage from weather effects, such as Sandstorm. Next time, read the article.--FlyingSkymin23 01:54, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
I must have missed that. Flyingtypefan 00:01, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
This part of the article is redundant:
"...nor does it block moves whose types do not come into play for damage calculation, such as Beat Up and Future Sight[...]Additionally, the moves Future Sight and Doom Desire are capable of striking through this ability." Buddy Christ 03:17, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Fixed. For future reference, please put new sections at the bottom of the page. Werdnae (talk) 03:28, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
According to Shedinja's own article, its Hidden Ability is also Wonder Guard. I don't know which article is wrong or if this has changed through the generation and is only updated in one article. I also don't know how to check, so I'll leave the job of correcting that for someone who can. --sHoggard - rookie Pokéwiz 10:19, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- A lot of Pokémon whose ability is important to their existence/battle strategy (e.g. Slaking and Kecleon) have their Hidden Abiilty the same as their Ability. I'm not 100% sure if the two are coded separately, or if they simply have no Hidden Ability and the game uses their other Ability by default. —darklordtrom 09:06, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- Well, either way, shouldn't it be the same in both articles? --sHoggard - rookie Pokéwiz 13:18, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
Do ability changing moves, such as Entrainment, Simple Beam, and Worry Seed affect Pokémon with Wonder Guard? Also, does Entrainmenting another Pokémon while possessing the ability Wonder Guard spread the ability? Additionally, according to the Skill Swap article, Skill Swap works on Wonder Guard in Generation III. Do effects such as Curse used by a Ghost-type and recoil damage the Pokémon with Wonder Guard? --Enervation 21:59, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- If you read the Effect section on those pages you will see that those moves do work on Wonder Guard. Also, notice that Wonder Guard only protects from incoming damage from attacks, not status moves. And yes, if you were somehow able to get Wonder Guard on a Pokémon and use a recoil move it would damage it. Only Rock Head prevents recoil. R.A. Hunter Blade 22:22, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
I have acquired a Sableye and Spiritomb with wonder eye to use for farming Battle Points on the Battle Subway and have noticed something that has the ability to hit through wonder guard on these pokes. A Khangaskhan that knows circle throw pops up sometimes and this move not only swaps the pokemon out for another, but also damages them as well. Should this be added to the main page as something that could hit a pokemon that has wonder guard as it's ability? - unsigned comment from Sh0rt (talk • contribs)
Affected by Mummy?
In the Pokéstar Studios the only way to defeat the Demon is to change its ability into Mummy, which I confirmed myself. However does this only apply in the Pokéstar Studios, or does this apply in normal battle conditions in Black 2 and White 2? Lady Ariel (talk) 21:06, 19 August 2012 (UTC)