Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
This might sould stupid but a song in High School Musical is also called Together! Agent 448Talk | DP 11:36, 1 October 2007 (UTC) 'Together, Together, Together everyone. Together, Together, Come on let's have some FUN'
- Yeah, it's true! It's so...Together, Together, Together Everyone!
Haruka uzumaki 1 October 2007, 13:19
Shouldn't the intro say is instead of was? Also, what theme was used from DP001-DP003? Porygon-Z 00:19, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
- There wasn't an opening theme for those episodes. We don't really have a set policy on the use of past tense for this kind of thing but it probably should be in the present tense for now. --FabuVinny T-C-S 20:44, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
- Does anyone know why they haven't changed it? I think that it's possible that the opening is going to change soon. --ケンジ ガール 03:55, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm...I thought this was (sort-of) used in The Rise of Darkrai...Ph34r4everTalk page
If the opening is used at least until DP084, it will be the longest running opening of the Pokémon anime. The current longest running opening is the original mix of Aim to be a Pokémon Master, which was the first opening, and ran from EP001 until EP080. Currently, it only needs to be used in less than ten more episodes to break this.
Apparently people cant do math correctly. If the opening only last 80 episodes then Together would only have to go until DP081, not DP084, why was this changed back when I corrected it?
- Well, technically neither version is correct. If we take to a global 30-minute-episode format scope (this means we exclude Italy, which has had a tendency to chop episodes in two parts), Japan's first opening was outlasted by America's first opening by three episodes--the former was last played with EP080 before its sucessor debuted in EP081, while the latter got to EP083 before its sucessor debuted in EP084.
- So, for Together to become the longest-running theme in this sense on both sides of the Pacific, since no theme played for the first three DP episodes in Japan, and since Holiday Hi-Jynx and Snow Way Out had their respective first themes on both sides of the Pacific (why Bulbapedia doesn't consider them episodes is beyond everyone, pretty much everyone else does), Together would have to make it to DP089 (which would be its 86th episode, breaking Pokémon Theme's 85) to take the overall crown and DP086 (its 83rd episode, breaking MPM's 82) to take the Japanese crown. --Shiningpikablu252 19:58, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
So after reading this I now understand, but will this still count as the longest opening even with Together2008? After all, it's the same lyrics and animation, just different music.
- Some may consider it so, some may not. To keep on the safe side for now, we'll consider it not to be unless significant evidence points the other way. For all we know, the animation gets overhauled at DP080 or with the next team alteration, which odds point to being Chimchar and/or Piplup evolving. --Shiningpikablu252 04:53, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
So what about passing up AtBaPM?
Are we gonna consider Together 2008 the same as AtBaPM Whiteberry, and what happens when, in DP127, they use Together 2008 and it passes up the combined total of episodes AtBaPM and AtBaPM Whiteberry were used? Should it be mentioned that Together (if the 2008 variation is counted as the same opening song) is the single-most continuously-used opening song, but it still is trumped by the amount of episodes in which AtBaPM was used even in remixed form? Should this appear in the template like AtBaPM Whiteberry does? WHAT DO WE DO?
- What we do, TTE is that we remember that the writers love Kanto and hate Johto so they'd never allow that to happen. AtBaPM wins again.
- Having said that, can't wait for High Touch. TTEchidna 02:35, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
Game terminology referenced in the song
How much of those actually appeared in the anime proper? I know Aqua Jet, Rock Climb and Defog were used (though Defog was only in a movie until BW), but the Quick Ball, Last Resort and Steadfast I don't think ever showed up. I'm not sure about about the Friendship checker, and can't check it easily because there's no anime section on the Poketch page. Yamiidenryuu 16:35, 6 May 2012 (UTC)