The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Does the guy behind the counter do something?
- Serebii has a habit of making up names ("Flower Elysium" and "Beginning Dimension" anyone?). The name in Japanese is "しょうぶどころ" (the most boring translation is "match place").--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 01:39, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- Because we don't know them. --PsychicRider☮ 22:03, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Why aren't they set up the same way as the gym leaders? With a table? -Sketch 12:57, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- Seems people missed the fact each trainer had a preferred stat... 17:26, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- I believe so, but only once per day. Laoris 20:11, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
Anyone here think that if we find out more info about this article and make it better, we could nominate the page for Bulbapedia:Featured article candidates? Well, I may not have Pokémon Platinum, and I may not understand Japanese, but I'm gonna try find out some info to hopefully make this page and awesome page and hopefully just, just maybe, get it on the Bulbapedia:Featured article candidates page. Who's with me?-Dragonbeastx 16:40, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Not So Awesome Page
Scratch that... its been so long since I wrote that comment and the page hasn't been improved so it would even resemble even an "average" featured article. Seems like we'll have to wait till Platinum's out in America before we're even sure to improve the article. I'm adding a cleanup template as soon as possible.--DRAGONBEASTX 08:48, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
OK, so today is Saturday...
So why won't my rival battle me? I already battled Volkner and Roark while they were in the cafe and their was no one else. So I went outside to start a bettle with Pearl but he just starts talking about trainers and Pokemon making him smile or something like that. What's going on? Shouldn't he being trying to kick my butt? I need some clarification.Zabbethx 14:54, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- It's Platinum's broken PRNG (pseudo-random number generator). Occasionally the game fails to reset any events each day and you end up being unable to obtain a berry from the Berry master, battle new gym leaders, etc. It's normal. 15:05, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
OK, so what are my chances of battling him tomorrow? Does this happen often?Zabbethx 15:09, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- You'll probably be able to battle him tomorrow. Whenever this case occurs, expect it to be fixed the next day. It normally happens at least once-twice per week, none if you're lucky. 15:12, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
First I'd like to say thanks for the help. Second I'd like to say that the error was actually on my part. Turns out I accidently set my DSi's date to 2008 when I first got it and all the days were off. Althogh I do think I was still a victim of that PRNG you were talking about, as my DSi thought Saturday was Friday but Drifloon never showed up at the Valley Windworks.Zabbethx 15:11, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Can someone help me add in what the trainers all say while they're at the Battleground? I think since all the Gym Leaders have exact quotes on their individual pages, this is needed. --Aniny 06:55, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- What a coincidence! I've been actually been recording their quotes for a while now, just like for the Villa. Lemme know if you're still interested. --ChaudCo~ 20:22, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
In the article, it mentions that Barry gets stronger through the different "phases" of the game. I was wondering what those phases were and how to trigger the change in phases because on my game I've played about 200 hours but according to the article, my Barry is still in phase one. Can anyone please tell me about this?--Kitty 02:08, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- One, the game character is not called "Barry" by default. We refer to him as Pearl. Trust me, if we were to say that character's canonical name was "Barry", by that same token, we'd be calling Blue "Gary" everywhere.
- Anyway, time is not the trigger. The trigger is number of times the Elite Four have been defeated. Pearl's second and final phase comes when the counter hits 20. --Shiningpikablu252 02:19, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, take a look at what Pearl redirects to... 02:24, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- If it redirects, it shouldn't. That character is as much "Barry" as Blue is "Gary". --Shiningpikablu252 02:31, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
i was just wondering, wont the view of the battleground be better if you stood behind the table instead of in front of it? you can see the whole thing instead of having 20% blackness ---> AquaDragon 06:33, 6 December 2010 (UTC)