From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Preparefortrouble!
Thank you for joining our community! By creating an account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. This is a brief introduction to Bulbapedia's rules and resources to help you get started:
- All users are expected to follow the code of conduct and to be kind to one another.
- If you have a question, check out our FAQ; the manual of style provides detailed editing guidance, and the wikicode page provides details about how to use wikicode.
- You can always ask for help by contacting a staff member.
- Please preview your edits before saving them; this helps you double-check your changes and reduces the need for repeated minor edits.
- Use talk pages to discuss changes and resolve editing disputes.
- Creating a userpage is allowed after you've added to the encyclopedia; for more details, see the userspace policy.
- Sign all talk page posts with four tildes (~~~~) so people know who is commenting. This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- For more handy links and information, check out the welcome portal.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
The "Name origin" section in character articles aren't for real-life linguistic etymologies of the names but rather for explanation why that name was choosen for that particular character (which sometimes does have something to do with etymology but more often it's about sound or some cultural association with the name). If the etymology is irrelevant in the context of the character, there's no need to put it here. --Maxim (talk) 07:45, 27 September 2020 (UTC)
Got it! What would be the protocol for the origin of a name that is just unclear or unknown? Preparefortrouble (talk) 00:22, 29 September 2020 (UTC)