From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Causes for specific care stuff in Pokémon Refresh. And related notes. Intended to be a complete list eventually. (Please feel free to edit.)
Moves that require subsequent care
I'm not sure if there's any move with a difference between using it and being hit by it, but for now we can just assume that either implies the other.
Moves that sometimes require care
Care exceptions or notes
- Comb: Only for Pokémon with fur or feathers.
- Dryer: Many Water-type Pokemon.
Weather's care effects appear to be nullified by Safety Goggles. May also want to check Abilities that neutralize weather, like Sand Veil and Magic Guard (refer to Weather#Activated Abilities).
- Can the same "maybe, maybe not" thing happen with Water Gun for any Pokemon, of any type?
- I've generally thought that moves like Mud Sport and Rototiller always need care afterwards; is this true? Are there just certain moves that sometimes need care and certain moves that always need it?
- I've been thinking of combing as a sort of default effect... This probably means that any move that can cause combing effects should likewise specifically be marked for that, and some just may have a low rate.