I found a link on the official United States Pokémon website. It doesn't contain too many details, but may be enough to get the page started. (This is the same webpage as the one for Santalune City). Vaniville City- Official Pokémon Website DavidS (talk) 19:42, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
Korean name for Vaniville Town
Its Korean name is 조아마을 Jo'a Maeul.
- I can't exactly sort out what 조아 is supposed to be. I think it implies trustworthiness, indispensability, etc., but I can't quite figure it out. I'll have to get back to this one too. -- Nick15 (talk) 01:30, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
I think we already have enough information to guess the whereabouts of Vaniville Town in Kalos. If you compare the screenshots of Vaniville Town shown on Pokemon X/Y official site and the Kalos region artwork, you can see that Vaniville town is at the east end of the central region (the part that has a blue roof house and a red roof house below. )
EDIT: The only Pokémon available in Vaniville is the Starter that Shauna chose (the lowest form; Froakie if you chose Chespin, Chespin if you chose Fennekin, and Fennekin if you chose Froakie). You can trade anything you want to her - just like Jasmine in HG/SS, Shauna is, well, "kind" enough to Trade a Starter Pokémon for a Magikarp or Sunkern (the two 'weakest' Pokémon). My mistake was that I forgot that detail. Sorry! PokeMaster99999 (talk) 10:48, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
For towns in general
So... I put this section on vaniville town only because it's the first city. Anyway, should we list the clothes abailible in that town/city that has a botique? ★☆Togetic45☆★ 15:38, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
Shauna's and Tierno's hometown?
I see from various pages' history that before the games' release, we listed Shauna's, Tierno's and Trevor's hometowns as Vaniville Town, and since then, Trevor's has been changed to Lumiose City, presumably because of his sister living there. Now, given that we apparently had him wrong at first, I want to ask, do we actually have a source on Shauna's and Tierno's hometowns at all, or were we just assuming prior to release because of vague or misleading promotional material? There are only three houses in Vaniville: the player's, the rival's, and one that some NPCs live in, none of whom mention any named character. Since I don't want to restart my game, I can't go back and see early-game dialogue to see whether either or both is explicitly mentioned to come from Vaniville, so I'm coming to the talk page now. Can anybody prove they're from Vaniville? Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 02:51, 27 December 2013 (UTC)
- There is a character in Snowbelle City who says "Y'know, I've got a kid who's right around the same age as you. She just set off from Vaniville Town on a journey of her own recently... I bet she's looking all grown up now!" (my character is male, but I'm pretty sure I read that he uses female pronouns even if your character is male). Based on his appearance, and the gender pronouns used, he is highly likely referring to Shauna. Not sure if this makes Snowbelle City her hometown (I don't think it is explicit enough to say something like that), but I think it is enough to serious doubt that Shauna's hometown is Vaniville City. I think it is fair to say that Tierno's hometown is also unknown. --SnorlaxMonster 03:39, 27 December 2013 (UTC)
- FYI, he does not use female pronouns when the player's character is female; he uses male pronouns. Therefore it couldn't be Shauna. Given his skin tone (he's a male Veteran), I find it hard to believe he'd be talking about Serena/Calem, but then, I'm not an expert on the offspring of interracial couples, so maybe they could be. Or maybe the creators didn't think that deeply about it. Or...he could simply be speaking of a stranger to the player.
- In any case, what it comes down to is there's not enough info. Tiddlywinks (talk) 20:12, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
Should there be a section on the clothes you start out with? Since boutique items are being added to their respective pages I would think that we should specific the clothes you start out with on this page. Any thoughts? Voltdetector (talk) 06:59, 22 September 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think so. It's not like there's even anywhere to change your clothes, much less explicitly pick up your default outfit. (The mirror doesn't count for either of those because it's just an abstract, one-trick pony.) It's fine on Clothing, and possibly on Trainer customization. Tiddlywinks (talk) 07:22, 22 September 2014 (UTC)