From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Jump to navigationJump to search

Move suggestion

I feel that this page should be moved to either "Link (Conquest)" or "Linking (Conquest)," given that "Link" could simply refer to something like the link cables used for GB/GBC trading. Schiffy (Speak to me|What I've done) 00:27, 8 July 2013 (UTC)

I agree with the move, Link can mean anything from this to link cables to connecting to the dream world, and I see no reason not to move it. Unless someone has an objection (doubt it) go ahead and move it. And "Link (Pokémon Conquest)" would be best for the name.TrainerX493 (talk) 20:00, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
Connecting to the Dream World is specifically "Game Sync". Linking GB/GBC is not specifically called "link", so I don't think moving this page to "Link (Conquest)" is necessary. If you think it is likely to confuse people, a hatnote (like the one for Pokémon Link!) would work though. --SnorlaxMonster 03:34, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
My only reason to disagree with that, Snorlax, is because although "link" may not be an official term to refer to those things like it is with the Conquest mechanic, it is still a rather ambiguous term, and "linking" is definitely something that many people have used to refer to the old trading/battling system in the past. While a hatnote may also be another solution, I am willing to wait for a few more responses before anything rash is done, of course. Schiffy (Speak to me|What I've done) 04:18, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
I would lean more toward a hatnote as well. Disambiguating via page title implies that "link" is an official term for trading/battling via link cable. Hatnotes are a valid way of clarifying ambiguous terms, and they don't perpetuate an unofficial term quite as strongly as "Link (disambiguation) -> Link cable" would. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 19:01, 9 July 2013 (UTC)