Talk:Aerilate (Ability)

From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

30% boost?

I'm assuming that's only due to the fact that the only Pokémon that has this ability gets STAB from Flying type moves which really gives those moves a 50% boost. Same with the others, though no mention on Normalize? Guess I'm trying to understand the pattern here and whatnot since it makes less sense to me. ----NateVirus(Talk|Contributions) 19:46, 12 February 2014 (UTC)

I interpreted it as giving a 30% on top of STAB. Maybe someone calculated it out, but forgot to account for Mega Pinsir's ~30% base attack boost? Malake256 (talk) 17:18, 12 March 2014 (UTC)

Calculation

I'm still not clear on how to calculate this.

Example: If a move has a base power of 90 and it gets 50% STAB bonus and 30% from Aerilate how is that calculated? Is is 50% from STAB and then 30% from Aerilate on top of that to come out at 162? Or is it 50% from STAB and 30% from Aerilate together to give an additional 80% to make it 146? Or do you add the 30% first and then the 50% to make it 175.5? --Bry Landry (talk) 04:46, 27 June 2014 (UTC)

As with all power boosts, the percentages are only based on the original base power. Thus, if said move was also a critical hit (in Gen VI) and super effective, then it would be 90 × 1.5 × 1.3 × 1.5 × 2 (boosts totaling ×8.775, or 877.5%) = ~790 —TheVeryBest 08:11, 27 June 2014 (UTC)